The Mandalorian Chapter Thirteen Spoiler Discussion

-You will place Grogu on the seeing stone, at the top of the mountain.
There Grogu must choose his path...

How close are they playing it?
Image invokes;
If we see the RC knob on one side, ..something else ((if not the Dark Sabre), a significant Jedi totem, or Jedi calling to him?) on the other...?
So what will the Yoby choose?
The knob will mean he's rejected the Jedi path, and wants to stay with his dady?

e5ebd2f49adcea59f5f54ca4bb4d3e70.1000x714x1.png

lonewoldcub11.jpg

D0BPQ_KWwAAfEXv.jpg

Sword-of-Vengeance-d.png

npr6jq41jewx.jpg

Last edited:
This is a dream come true for Star Wars. It was so damn surreal to see Ashoka finally in live action, and I felt like I had to rub my eyes a few times to see if I was dreaming haha. My god, that was incredible. Also, the name dropping of Thrawn caught me by surprise! Which reminds me, I watch about 2 and a half seasons of Rebels and then just watched the big episodes from there on it, but starting today, i'm gonna go back and watch all of season 3 on from the start just to finish out all the episodes.

Are we meant to assume that Obi-Wan and/or Yoda took the Child.. err.. Grogu off-screen during ROTS?

Are we meant to assume that Obi-Wan and/or Yoda took the Child.. err.. Grogu off-screen during ROTS?

I guess that's one of those things that remains a mystery for now. Something we will have to learn more about later after Grogu learns speech. That is unless he already does and he's just gaslighting Din Djarin about how smart he is.

Now that the show is bringing characters from the books and the animated shows, I guess it means stuff from the comics about the surviving Jedi during the Purge and people who made it out of the Jedi Temple will be fair game in live-action.

I don't see how it could've been Obi-Wan or Yoda. When did they have time to do it?

I think it is at least helpful to know that The Child had training before he was taken away. He did have to train and learn some of his abilities.

Last edited:
Fantastic episode. I loved seeing Ashoka Tano in live action, particularly the combat sequences. Wouldn’t expect anything less from Filoni.

I also dig the name Grogu. I think it’s a better name for that species than Yaddle anyway. :o

My only disappointment was that I was hoping Michael Biehn didn’t try to kill Din because it would have been cool to see him live to team up with him in a future episode to add to his ‘80s action star collection of allies.

This was Darth at the end of TFA, and what Snow Queen will look like when she finally sees Sabine in live action. :hehe:
And DK if that Obi-Wan series ever actually gets made and I finally get to see Ewan as mature Ronin Kenobi under you know, competent direction.

A version of this exists within SW canon, specifically Tim Zahn’s new Thrawn books. He introduced a race of beings who were from the Unknown Regions plotting to move in on the main Galaxy called the Grysks, who went about absorbing various civilisations. Thrawn and Vader had history keeping them from invading that halted them, but not outright defeating them. There’s definitely the potential to have them be a factor going forward.

... though whether they actually go that route or a variation on the classic Heir to the Empire story is anyone’s guess.
I'm thinking Thrawn is trying to build an army to help the Chiss fight the Grysks, I doubt it gets fully addressed on this show, but at this point I'd bet money that when we do get the Rebels sequel Thrawn will be far from the only Chiss we see.

I really don't mind Grogu. Dawson's Ahsoka is definitely a bit wearier than Eckstein's, but there are a lot of little moments and mannerisms that Dawson absolutely nailed. The little smirks, comments, the way she carried herself, and the fighting style too. It's a good day to be a Dave Filoni fan.

i dunno but Grogu kinda has grown on me. I'll have to watch the episode again cause i had the sound low when i watched it at 4 am this morning lol.

im really excited about Tython. having played Swtor off and on for 4 years makes me appreciate the ancient world of the Jedi.

I really don't mind Grogu. Dawson's Ahsoka is definitely a bit wearier than Eckstein's, but there are a lot of little moments and mannerisms that Dawson absolutely nailed. The little smirks, comments, the way she carried herself, and the fighting style too. It's a good day to be a Dave Filoni fan.
The way she held her shoulders throughout the episode... as well as her head tilts; were all based on the animation of Ahsoka.

Also, the rooftop advantage was a huge highlight for me.

The way she held her shoulders throughout the episode... as well as her head tilts; were all based on the animation of Ahsoka.
Yeah, that kinda stuff was absolutely spot on.
Also, the rooftop advantage was a huge highlight for me.
That was awesome. Lots of cool shots of her in the episode in general.

Last edited:
I'm thinking Gideon may be working for Thrawn. A super soldier army of clones augmented by a powerful force wielding individual seems like the sort of thing Thrawn would go in for and its similar to what he did in Zahn's original Thrawn trilogy.

I think part of the reason Ahsoka seemed distant and more reserved is because now Ahsoka knows about Anakin. She's seen first hand the cost of a force wielder letting their emotions drive them, and she's horrified by the cost. So she's found a new respect for Yoda's and the old Order's philosophy of no attachments and keeping emotions in check. Plus who knows what she's been through since Rebels. Its been 5 years and she still hasnt found Thrawn and probably hasn't found Ezra, or she did and he is dead because of Thrawn. I think Ahsoka went to Tython and sat on the Seeing Stone hoping that she might be able to connect with Ezra or give him a way of finding her but he never came to her. I worry that if Thrawn is responsible for Gideon's project that Ezra was a test subject before they went looking for Grogu. The other reason is probably just that Rosario isn't Ashley. But overall Dave and Rosario did a good job transitioning the character to live action.

Not a fan of Gizmo's real name. But I like that he was at the temple before Order 66. Question is who took him to safety.

I believe both Dave Filoni and Bryce Dallas Howard have already shown remarkable improvement as directors which is insanely impressive IMO given the short period of time between this season and last season. Just that opening scene alone was something special and I loved the use of mist and fog throughout this episode as well which really made it feel even more atmospheric and moody.

I also got major old school samurai vibes from that last fight with the magistrate which was a nice touch in combination with the Western/ Mexican standoff vibe that was going on with Mando and Biehn's characters in their final confrontation. I do wish Biehn got more to do overall though, but it was great seeing him nonetheless.

Great episode! Rosario looked great and I really liked her as a live action Ahsoka :hrt:

This episode felt almost Samurai like with the story, setting, and even the showdown at the end

My only complaint was how wasted Michael Biehn’s character was. An actor with his background deserved something better

The name Grogu is growing on me but I will still refer to him as Baby Yoda

I absolutely loved Rosario as Ahsoka.

She nailed all the classic character traits from CW/Rebels. I legitimately shed a tear during the duel, of how awesome everything was.

Fantastic episode. Filoni and Favreau get Star Wars.

Bring me Thrawn, Luke, Ezra... bring whatever they have in store now!

I'm thinking Gideon may be working for Thrawn. A super soldier army of clones augmented by a powerful force wielding individual seems like the sort of thing Thrawn would go in for and its similar to what he did in Zahn's original Thrawn trilogy.

I think part of the reason Ahsoka seemed distant and more reserved is because now Ahsoka knows about Anakin. She's seen first hand the cost of a force wielder letting their emotions drive them, and she's horrified by the cost. So she's found a new respect for Yoda's and the old Order's philosophy of no attachments and keeping emotions in check. Plus who knows what she's been through since Rebels. Its been 5 years and she still hasnt found Thrawn and probably hasn't found Ezra, or she did and he is dead because of Thrawn. I think Ahsoka went to Tython and sat on the Seeing Stone hoping that she might be able to connect with Ezra or give him a way of finding her but he never came to her. I worry that if Thrawn is responsible for Gideon's project that Ezra was a test subject before they went looking for Grogu. The other reason is probably just that Rosario isn't Ashley. But overall Dave and Rosario did a good job transitioning the character to live action.

Not a fan of Gizmo's real name. But I like that he was at the temple before Order 66. Question is who took him to safety.

Maybe Ahsoka will change her mind if she learns the full story surrounding Anakin's fall from grace.

I was hoping that they would confirm on whether Ahsoka and Luke have already crossed paths with each other.

What a treat. Ashoka in live action! This was fantastic. I thought Rosario did great bringing her to life. I can only imagine how Filoni felt writing and directing this one.

I like the name Grogu, but it might take a while to stop calling him baby Yoda lol. And omg Thrawn?!

I'm happy. I'm just happy, happy :D

Really good episode, I know very little of Ashoka other than she was Anakins Palawan but I enjoyed her here for sure.

Also grand admiral Thrawn, not heard that name since I read some OT sequel books years ago so it would be great to see him here. Loved the samurai vibe to the episode and for me Grogu is just fine as Baby Yoda’s name.

I hope we learn who snuck him off Coruscant to keep him from an Anakin going crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"