Days of Future Past Character Accents: Should they be used?

You're right. It's a Morrison thing, I believe, and I keep forgetting that. Or ignoring it. Either way, I don't consider it necessary.

I knew there was a reason why I liked you. :cwink:

British accent was something from comics thanks to efforts of Grant Morrison.He was also
one who gave us cat Beast and Angel Salvotore.Plus Emma turning Into Diamond form.
Considering how low I consider his run on X-men the less they use from his run the better.

Id prefer Emma with the british accent.

:down

Emma would benefit regardless. It works better for the character imo. She also shouldnt stay as a villain. Theres more to the character.

I agree with the second part. Have her defect to Xavier in DOFP

I'd love for the characters to have their proper accents but this is Hollywood and no one is going to skip out on seeing this just because a character doesn't.

Emma should remain a villain.The dimoand form Is the only thing I hope they take from last 12 years of comics.

Theres alot of good stuff within the past 12 years of X comics man. Cant only hang on the old stuff forever.

Emma I always found more interesting on the good side because her true motivations are never clear. Shes a good contrast to the team and theres always a non trust issue that has made for some good writing.

Last edited:
We have barely seen her as villain.She spent half of first Class as prisoner.We haven't seen her VS X-men.

They aren't going to do like comics and pracully write Xavier out of films.

There were Good stuff In Comics preUltimate X-Men and preGrant Morrison.

Hell we wouldn't be getting a film based on Days of future past going by this thinking.

I didnt say only use New X Men.

There is nothing wrong with using more current runs as influence. They have been doing that anyways. Theres also no reason to assume only old X Men stories and characters will be used for film.

Last edited:
Emma should remain a villain.The dimoand form Is the only thing I hope they take from last 12 years of comics.

If they somehow managed to put her on the X-Men team and be one of the good guys then that would be really interesting. And she would definitely shine if that happens.

But I think if they are going to do that, they really need to explore her character more and make her appear in 1 to 2 movies before she became a X-Woman.

I didn't know she was talking with British accent in the movie. It didn't sound like a British accent to me.

Did you read the post I was obviously referring to? :huh:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"