Days of Future Past 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a 110 m 4-day, this might not do much more than X3 (234 m).

It doesn't have to break records. But smashing in this day and age is not $120m over 4 days. It just isn't and that is the best case scenario. Unless it has strong legs, that won't get it to $300m domestically. It is very good numbers, but it isn't a Juggernaut.

Its still a smash for me!

I hope that since this one will actually have solid WOM, unlike X3, that it can reach $250 million domestic. But maybe the X-Men are simply too niche to do that. Hopefully it crosses $600 million worldwide. I do not want Fox getting cold feet about investing big time in the sequel to this.

I seriously hope this at least makes 95 million in the 3 day. Doesn't look like it if Finke is accurate.

I hope that since this one will actually have solid WOM, unlike X3, that it can reach $250 million domestic. But maybe the X-Men are simply too niche to do that. Hopefully it crosses $600 million worldwide. I do not want Fox getting cold feet about investing big time in the sequel to this.

Better hope its more than 600. 600 is kind of low.

Good point. I would love for it to outdo TASM2. $600 million would be good for past X-Men movies, but this budget kind of skews that. It certainly deserves to make more than any blockbuster yet released this year.

The low end is right on Cap 2's numbers for Cume 3 Day.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/box...-day-opener-blended-in-top-three-for-weekend/

X-Men: Days of Future Past looks to take in $36M Friday, which adds onto its $8.1M Thursday night for a total so far of $44.1M. If the picture drops only 10% on Saturday and Sunday, it could become the biggest opening of 2014, surpassing Disney/Marvel’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier for an expected $97M+ 3-day gross and a $117M to $120M 4-day gross. If it drops a higher percentage on Saturday, it could end up at $95M or around maybe $110M to $114M. We will have a better idea in the morning and after seeing Saturday’s numbers, but right now it looks like it will end up in the top five highest-grossing films ever during the Memorial Day weekend. The fifth spot is now held by The Hangover 2 which opened to an $85.9M 3-day and a $103.4M 4-day. The fourth highest-grosser for the holiday is Fast and Furious 6 which bowed last year to $97.3M for the three-day and $117M for the four-day.

1). X-Men: Days of Future Past (FOX), 3,996 theaters / $36M Fri. / 3-day cume: $95M to $97.5M / 4-day cume: $115M / Wk 1

Last edited:
Still gonna keep my prediction that this will be the highest grossing superhero movie WW this year.

Is friday always the biggest opening day?

X-Men: Days of Future Past looks to take in $36M Friday, which adds onto its $8.1M Thursday night for a total so far of $44.1M. If the picture drops only 10% on Saturday and Sunday, it could become the biggest opening of 2014, surpassing Disney/Marvel’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier for an expected $97M+ 3-day gross and a $117M to $120M 4-day gross. If it drops a higher percentage on Saturday, it could end up at $95M or around maybe $110M to $114M.We will have a better idea in the morning and after seeing Saturday’s numbers, but right now it looks like it will end up in the top five highest-grossing films ever during the Memorial Day weekend.

What does this mean? Are they still waiting for numbers or Are they talking about sunday morning?

It's 3am Saturday morning. Saturday technically hasn't started yet.

Also, deadline seems to have accidentally added the 36m to the 8m midnights.

For these types of movies, yes Friday is generally the biggest day.

The part you bolded means the number right now is still an estimate, they'll have a bit more accurate estimate tomorrow. Actual number gets released on Tuesday.

Seems poorly worded, they'll wait till Saturday morning to have a better idea.

The low end is right on Cap 2's numbers for Cume 3 Day.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/box...-day-opener-blended-in-top-three-for-weekend/

X-Men: Days of Future Past looks to take in $36M Friday, which adds onto its $8.1M Thursday night for a total so far of $44.1M. If the picture drops only 10% on Saturday and Sunday, it could become the biggest opening of 2014, surpassing Disney/Marvel’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier for an expected $97M+ 3-day gross and a $117M to $120M 4-day gross. If it drops a higher percentage on Saturday, it could end up at $95M or around maybe $110M to $114M. We will have a better idea in the morning and after seeing Saturday’s numbers, but right now it looks like it will end up in the top five highest-grossing films ever during the Memorial Day weekend. The fifth spot is now held by The Hangover 2 which opened to an $85.9M 3-day and a $103.4M 4-day. The fourth highest-grosser for the holiday is Fast and Furious 6 which bowed last year to $97.3M for the three-day and $117M for the four-day.

1). X-Men: Days of Future Past (FOX), 3,996 theaters / $36M Fri. / 3-day cume: $95M to $97.5M / 4-day cume: $115M / Wk 1
The big problem here is that unlike TWS, it doesn't have a month to rack up domestic numbers almost unchallenged. Two movies that could potentially do damage hit next week.

Last edited:
Hoping this beats Fast 6's numbers. I don't think I want to live in a world where that stupid franchise beats X-men.

Hoping this beats Fast 6's numbers. I don't think I want to live in a world where that stupid franchise beats X-men.
Haven't we been living in that world for a few years now? :funny:

Opened higher than Avatar and Cap 2 in Hong Kong

Twentieth Century Fox Film Hong Kong 二十世紀褔斯影片(香港) announced yesterday that X-Men: Days of Future Past has surpassed Captain America: The Winter Soldier to set a new record for the best non-holiday opening day this year.

The Bryan SINGER film – released in 3-D and 2-D — made HK$4.33 (US$558,000) million on 49,677 admissions from 43 locations in Hong Kong and Macau on Thursday. HK$3.95 million of the total was in Hong Kong.

Fox Hong Kong also claims that the gross is higher than the opening days of Avatar (2009), Titanic (1997) and You Are the Apple of My Eye 那些年,我們一起追的女孩。 (2011), the three highest-grossing films in the company's history.

Three years ago, X-Men: First Class (2011) made HK$9.43 million (US$) on its first four days in cinemas. It made HK$26 million during its theatrical run.

Days of Future Past is the only new wide release in Hong Kong this weekend. Atom EGOYAN's Devil's Knot and YAMADA Yoji 山田洋次's The Little House 小さいおうち also opened in five and four locations respectively.

http://www.filmbiz.asia/news/x-men-...ng-kong?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The 3 day weekend will be supported by the Monday. The Sunday should be stronger than usual.

I dont understand the article at all. Does they mean is the highest opener ever? or just above Avatar, Titanic and Cap2?

Highest non holiday opening in Hong Kong for 2014 so far, and highest opening in Fox Hong Kong's history.

nice. Whats the highest opener ever there? HK and Macau

According to Box office mojo DOFP opened with 36 million friday.It is projected to do 112 million over 4 day weekend.

If DOFP has 112 Million over 4 day weekend and it holds up like X2 did In 2003
which had 85 Million opening weekend and grossed 214 Million domesticly
we could be looking at between 240 and 250 Million Domestic final for DOFP

With Captain America the winter soldier through friday grossing 252 Million although it's startiing to leave theatres now odds are cap will beat DOFP's
total but at least domesticly DOFP will beat the Amazing Spider-man 2.

Foreign box office will be intresting to see.That Is saving spider-man.

You're comparing a 4 day opening with X2 three days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"