Comics Characters in serious need of help...

Really, I thought she was just a telepath, not a telekene. Or can she just simply "fly" as opposed to levitate herself?

Northstar: He is dead. Bring him back and put him on a damn team!

Colossal Spoons said:
Really, I thought she was just a telepath, not a telekene. Or can she just simply "fly" as opoosed to levitate herself?
She's both. Psylocke was always limited to either one, (pre-revolution -> telepathy revolution and after -> telekinesis) and I believe she has now returned to telepathy, although I'm not sure.

I agree with what's been said about Bishop. I love District X, but Bishop could be developed elsewhere so much more. I'm really curious about his potential.

Rachel has also been shown to have pyrokinetic powers, but maybe that's just due to her connection with Phoenix.

Iceman needs some SERIOUS work. He used to be my fave and had so much potential but... Oh the hell with it - the entire adjectiveless team needs help!

Bobby needs to travel back in time and be reminded of what his jokes used to be like, then come back and use that material again. They need to either do something with this so called "secondary mutation" or retcon it cos its pointless and the only noticeable effect on him (though it could just be that IMO Milligan is a poor writer for this book so his writing doesnt come off as funny or clever) is that he's being a dick all the time.

Gambit needs to lose the wussiness and be more scoundrelly cos thats what drew Rogue to him in the first place; and he and Bobby need to cement there buddy friendship and play up on the quips and bravado together.

Rogue needs to toughen up (and would someone for God's sake get the woman an inhibitor collar from Forge or Hank McCoy or the Shiar or Reed Richards or Hank Pym or Tony Stark or someone and end this ridiculous power thing!).

Havok needs to move on from Lorna and give Bobby a chance - Alex was an idiot and blew it with Lorna; dont screw over another guy just cos you were being messed with by a telepathic kid! And he needs to assert his leadership and stop relying on Wolverine and his "wise ways" to get the respect of his team.

Polaris needs to have some serious mental blocks put in place by Charles to end the pointless madness "is she crazy, is she not, is she seeing things, is she confused?"

Storm needs to be more of the free spirit she used to be and stop preaching about who they are and why they do what they do - lead your damn team woman! Dont just point them in the vague direction of the bad guys and then let Logan go off by himself to fix things however he wants!

Bishop needs to get less verbal and more energy blasting - you're not a freakin cop; you're a glorified bounty hunter with federal privelages 80 years from now. Tracking, yes, you're good at that. But investigative measures? Not so much - so stop analysing every scene for trace and crap with those damn glasses! Even Mr Fantastic has to carry around more kit than that to test something!

Emma needs to calm the *****iness and be an elitist rich person, not an elitist human hater.

Cyke needs to show us that Emma makes him go place and think things he should but never has - all he does is reprimand the junior faculty and fill out forms nowadays.

Rachel needs to grow up and talk to her dad.

Archangel needs to suffer a horrific accident that costs him a lot of blood. His body reacts to this by converting his wings back to metal (but leave the skin pink) as a defence mechanism to make him stonger and heal him, but the effort costs him his healing factor (it basically runs out or something). Cos his wings might be able to break someone's arm like a swan's wing can - but it doesnt do crap in a fight these days. I mean, at one point they gave him a sword for god's sake! How much more of a cry for offensive help do they need?! Wings that act like bullet proof shields, that can propel him at at least Mach 2 and cut through steel, and fletchettes to temporarily paralyse anyone they hit? Now those are formidable powers.

Crowley9 said:
Rachel certainly could do with plenty of improvement. I thoroughly enjoyed the character back in the 80's X-Men and when she returned in Excalibur. Conflicted, driven, powerful, with plenty of answers to look for and strong ideals. Now that she's back from doing the Askani stuff in the future she's but a shadow of herself..

I think thats because Claremont is a shadow of himself.

Harlekin said:
She's both. Psylocke was always limited to either one, (pre-revolution -> telepathy revolution and after -> telekinesis) and I believe she has now returned to telepathy, although I'm not sure.

Psylocke's telekinetic at the moment. But apparently shes lost her Crimson Dawn powers? :confused: Who knows, Psylockes history is a ridiculous jumble anyway.

chris moore said:
Archangel needs to suffer a horrific accident that costs him a lot of blood. His body reacts to this by converting his wings back to metal (but leave the skin pink) as a defence mechanism to make him stonger and heal him, but the effort costs him his healing factor (it basically runs out or something). Cos his wings might be able to break someone's arm like a swan's wing can - but it doesnt do crap in a fight these days. I mean, at one point they gave him a sword for god's sake! How much more of a cry for offensive help do they need?! Wings that act like bullet proof shields, that can propel him at at least Mach 2 and cut through steel, and fletchettes to temporarily paralyse anyone they hit? Now those are formidable powers.

Is that even possible or are you just making suggestions?

Cyclops really needs a redo, he has become a paper pushing pansey. He has always been one of my favorite X-Men, but his thing with Emma I really wish they would do away with.

He used to be the stern serious leader that could behead a sentinal with one laser blast, or blow a hole through a mountain if he wanted. Now he does nearly nothing but swoon after Emma and play principle to the school.

I hope they bring out that he is being manipulated and fix him after they get rid of Emma!

chris moore said:
Bobby needs to travel back in time and be reminded of what his jokes used to be like, then come back and use that material again. They need to either do something with this so called "secondary mutation" or retcon it cos its pointless and the only noticeable effect on him (though it could just be that IMO Milligan is a poor writer for this book so his writing doesnt come off as funny or clever) is that he's being a dick all the time.

Funny, in the recent issue of X-Men, Bobby told a very unfunny joke and nobody laughed. In the next panel he says "Was a time when people laughed at my jokes". Hehe

Rachel is definitely on top of the "help" list. The girl has so much history and so much character development in the past and so much potential for the future -- she comes from a hellish timeline where her kind were herded like sheep, for Buffy's sake -- and nowadays certain writers coughCCcoughwheeze write her like an immature, inexperienced teenage sidekick.

Every single character that Milligan is writing at the moment needs help. I'm sorry, but at this point I'm just going to go ahead and blaspheme by saying that I prefer Austen's direction for them than this.

WOW, you definately just said that.

*backs away and waits for thunder to strike Brian*

actually I believe all the Xmen at the moment are in need of serious help

Chris, no offense but MOST of those suggestions are complete cop outs and really would do nothing to further the development of their characters, merely to revert them back to a prior point in their existence. There are alot of good storylines that could be had with them in their current state to turn them into something MORE then they are or ever were not just pressing rewind a bit through the last writers absurd changes.

And regarding Cannonball, wasn't he supposed to be an inhuman? What ever happened to that? Cable travels back to the past, creates this entire group, gets close to the xmen all just in order to try to make sure Cannonball gets properly trained, and then that entire story arc just sort of brick walled and they stopped talking about it.

Just like Shatterstar, he went off to help Rictor with his family problems, and now Rictor is back but no one mentioned Shatterstar. So again another character that just sort of disapeared. Even with the recent return of Mojo, we don't see him. Especially after revealing that he is most likely the host of Spiral and Longshots future killed child.

These are just some of the problems they face when they create these really interesting characters within the context of a storyline and then a new writer jumps on and decides they want to go a different direction. Really shows the degredation of quality control over at the x-verse unfortunately.

FieryBalrog said:
Iceman has been a complete dick for god-knows-how-long now. I just couldn't take the 5th grade-level spats he and Havok had over in X-men during Austens run; and Milligan hasn't improved him a bit.

I want the smartass Iceman back. Not the smartass dick.

All of the X-Men in Milligan's book need major attitude adjustments. Lorna is alternately moody and creepy. Iceman is a dick like you said. Rogue and Gambit have been bickering since the new team began. First Gambit lost his eyesight and was whiny about that (COMPLETELY forgetting that Rogue had lost her eyesight temporarily too back during the X-Cutioner's Song story so she already knew what that was like to go through). Then there was the Golgotha story where they freaked out at eachother. Now they're arguing over the whole Mystique fiasco. Havok is the only one who hasn't changed... but that's because he has needed an attitude adjustment for the last 10 years! Nothing new about that!

afmvdp said:
Chris, no offense but MOST of those suggestions are complete cop outs and really would do nothing to further the development of their characters, merely to revert them back to a prior point in their existence. There are alot of good storylines that could be had with them in their current state to turn them into something MORE then they are or ever were not just pressing rewind a bit through the last writers absurd changes.

I get what you mean - most of mine (if not all) are just preferring the characters the way they were at previous time points. Like I preferred Bishop just after AoA when he went with the short hair. I preferred Storm from around the time just prior and just after Onslaught. I liked where they were going with Cyke just after his return from being possessed - when he went to Genosha with Logan and pulled off those cool ricochet shots and had a slightly more suave aloufness about him. The Bobby thing I still think needs a major overhaul.

I know what I'd do if I were a new writer to adjectiveless (as that is the title I feel needs to the most work and has had a slew of the worst writers or character changes). I'd do a six part arc (partially cos of my cunning plan and partially cos Marvel loves stories that can fit nicely into trades) that begins with a major personal event with one of the team members that requires the aid of the whole team (possibly the kidnapping of Polaris by someone wishing to exploit her slender grip on reality). Each issue is semi narrated by one team member, but the events of their issue dont necessarily fit them entirely. The others are still shown, but its there take on what's happening and what they find they need to do to succeed that is narrated and helps their sub plots to finally get sorted. The main plot moves along, but a major flaw in their current characterisation or personal sub plots is dealt with a some detail - such as Rogue being put in a situation whereby she is cut off from the team and recieves help from a charasmatic stranger, thereby making her realise what Remy went through. Or Bobby finding himself in a position whereby he is going to have to use his secondary mutation in an Omega mutant in order to get him and Gambit through it - the two of them go over Bobby's past dealings with Rogue when she made him come on the road with her and this helps Gambit understand her a little better and the two of them become closer friends - when in battle during this time, they quip off one another, which would give us a better use of Bobby's humour than cutting jokes.
Essentially, the team is split into those smaller units that need either time together, or to air some differences, or to come to realise some things. Gambit and Iceman; Havok and Emma (where she finally realises that she just doesnt have the field tactical skill that he does and has to follow his lead as they are in dire straits against a telepathy immune horde of foes); Rogue alone; Polaris alone (and tormented, which leads her to strengthen and get past her issues and her need for someone to take care of her such as Alex or Bobby).

Muze said:
Shortpack needs help. at the end of the Mystique series, he was left with a broken leg outside of Niagra Falls. that's a long wal..hobble back home. well that and he's kind of out of a job if Xavier is behind the House of M.

I agree! I wonder how he got back :confused:. I miss Shortpack. :(

I miss the days when Scott could at least act like he wasn't a self indulgant sociopath :p (Just kidding, or am I?)

Iceman DEFINATELY needs a lot of work, as it stands, he's an absolutely useless character. I'd rather they actually make him have more control over his powers, and make him an interesting character, but it would seem Marvel likes mega-****** bitter Bobby, so thats what we're stuck with.

Angel needs to die :p Simple as that, the only member of the original 5 I can honestly say deserves it if worse comes to worse at this point.

Emma really needs to do something entirely else. This whole lovey dovey crap with Cyclops is useless, and to top it off, the "Hellfire" thing going on, you know won't last. Marvel won't turn Emma evil, she's their next Wolverine. Meaning she'll betray the HFC, because of her LOVE for Scott!... Lame. To think she used to be my favorite character. Damn you Marvel!

The list only goes on from here. Oh my Marvel, how you need to get your act together :p

afmvdp said:
And regarding Cannonball, wasn't he supposed to be an inhuman? What ever happened to that? Cable travels back to the past, creates this entire group, gets close to the xmen all just in order to try to make sure Cannonball gets properly trained, and then that entire story arc just sort of brick walled and they stopped talking about it.

Cannonball was revealed to be an External...a group of mutants that were immortal until you cut off their heads.....somehow the guys who own the Highlander series got a wind of this and did a cease and desist...there went the whole immortal thing

I thought you had to destroy an externals heart to kill them, thus Candra having hers removed and placed in a jewel that would later be stolen by Storm. Or maybe there's more than one way to kill an immortal character.

I think running them through a woodchipper the pouring gasoline over the remains and setting them on fire would pretty much insure that they wouldn't be immortal any longer

OutcryX said:
I think running them through a woodchipper the pouring gasoline over the remains and setting them on fire would pretty much insure that they wouldn't be immortal any longer

actually that happened in an issue of Streetcleaner-guy and the External came back

roach said:
actually that happened in an issue of Streetcleaner-guy and the External came back

Ahh yes....Streetcleaner-guy....he was sooo...yeah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"