Check out this video interview of Chris Evans

DBZ2cool

Sidekick
Reaction score
http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_seyret&Itemid=227&task=videodirectlink&id=884

Towards the end the interviewer asked him "if he has any dream project and what does he look when he join movies"

His answer was "i have more like dream directors". He mentioned some big time awesome directors and the reason he wants to work with good directors is because "If the scripts are good and even if his performance is good yet the movie still sucks or is piece of crap then it is waste. A good director not only gets great peformance out of actors but also makes the movie good and fully brings what was awesome on paper to fruition"

I think that line he said was directly related to fantastic four movies. I agree with this guy. I have a feeling too that on paper the fantastic four movies probably were pretty good but due to a weak director the potential or something that looked awesome on paper didn't look as cool on screen. I personally liked f42 a lot more than original so that means on paper the sequel was totally mindblowing but due to a weak director it looked nice but still not all that good.

Also he said that he would be glad to move on when the interviewer asked him about "another fantastic four film"

You know if the actor who was one of the best things of both movies himself says that then that is pretty sad.

Reboot is in cards for fantastic four franchise.

no reboot anytime soon, maybe in 10 years when marvel movies are lacking material for new storys

i dno where folk get the idea of a reboot, its just hopefull thinking, u can in no way link it too what happened with batman begins or say hulk

If Evans was referring to the FF films, then that's bad. I'm sure the other cast members agree with his views.

I highly doubt he was talking about the F4 films. First off if he felt this way, why in the hell did he do the sequel?

By far the F4 films got his face in the limelight if anything, and availible for more projects.

This is nothing but fanboy drivel to try and read into what he said.

I highly doubt he was talking about the F4 films. First off if he felt this way, why in the hell did he do the sequel?
Because he signed a 3 movie deal, just like the others. Even Doug Jones had to sign a 3 movie contract to play the Silver Surfer.

>^..^<

I heard about this, I don't think that they have to do it. But if yeah, i would like to see a third one.

To me, Evans seems to be a thoughtful actor who isn't just in this for the money. He wants to make art, not just superficial nonsense. I've gotten the sense that's he's been quite disappointed with the FF films from a creative standpoint. And i can't say I blame him.

Well, at least he got paid...and plenty of notice.

I think he was probably the best thing about the sequel, being allowed to bring more vulnerability and depth to the Johnny Storm character.

I salute him.

To me, Evans seems to be a thoughtful actor who isn't just in this for the money. He wants to make art, not just superficial nonsense.

Actors gotta eat. :D

Even Clooney does stuff he doesn't like to finance his own pet projects.

I've gotten the sense that's he's been quite disappointed with the FF films from a creative standpoint.

He must have really hated them if he's saying stuff like this to the press. It was bad enough watching the films, actually being in them must have been ten times worse!

And i can't say I blame him.

Me either.

Well, at least he got paid...and plenty of notice.

Wouldn't be surprised if Torch is recast after that comment if they make another sequel.

I think he was probably the best thing about the sequel, being allowed to bring more vulnerability and depth to the Johnny Storm character.

I agree.

Evans was the best thing about the films.

I salute him.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"