The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Chris Cooper IS Norman Osborn

Well, I wouldn't call an acclaimed actor a secondary choice, but whatever.

Hey guys, so I was looking through some custom action figures and just found this one using an MM TDK Batman body, what if GG looked something like this?
45966-2.jpg

Would be sweet if they altered the poster to fit Cooper's image in a later release.

Infernal said:
Chris Cooper IS Norman OsbornIf Massee is not in the sequel, then he for sure was supposed to be Norman. The after-credits scene made him look like an important character, too clearly not to be noted.

wow, great argument

you can't just throw this friggin lord sidious that speaks mysteriously from the shadows about such a personal issue like Peter's parents (AND he was supposed to spy Peter along the way in the original script) without making him look important. Even Marc Webb drew attention to it in the commentary "Who is this mysterious guy? Is it Norman Osborn? Maaaybe the lightning has something to do with this!" or something like that

now that I said it like that, I would appreciate a good counter argument rather than mocking with sarcasm

I think this one is simple...

Having always believed that the figure in the shadows was Osborn, the fact that the picture in the lobby of Oscorp was Osborn and was Massee, it really comes down to this...

If Massee is in the movie as some other character and it fits with him being the man in the shadows, then maybe that's what he was always meant to be.

If he is not in the next movie then he was likely supposed to play Osborn/Green Goblin and something fell through, maybe a scheduling conflict. And this resulted in Cooper, a secondary choice compared to Massee.

If I may....I have been suggesting for a while now tbat Massee character was never intended to be Norman Osborn; and, even Rhys Ifans stated that fact...that he was not Norman Osborn but an employee of Oscorps. Yes he is an important character....a character that need not be played by any particular actor; because, he is the Chameleon. In which he can be played by anyone, that's the nature of the character. Don't forget the opening scene of the film....Peter as a little boy, supposenly was playing hide & seek with his father; yet his father appeared to be pre-occupied with something else when he ran into his office. I say Peter was playing with the Chameleon's look alike version of Richard Parker; to remove Peter out of the way in order to search Richard office for the manila folder, containing the formula and decay rates.

Massee in the Amazing Spider-Man was the Chameleon.

Last edited:
wow, great argument

you can't just throw this friggin lord sidious that speaks mysteriously from the shadows about such a personal issue like Peter's parents (AND he was supposed to spy Peter along the way in the original script) without making him look important. Even Marc Webb drew attention to it in the commentary "Who is this mysterious guy? Is it Norman Osborn? Maaaybe the lightning has something to do with this!" or something like that

now that I said it like that, I would appreciate a good counter argument rather than mocking with sarcasm

I think this one is simple...

Having always believed that the figure in the shadows was Osborn, the fact that the picture in the lobby of Oscorp was Osborn and was Massee, it really comes down to this...

If Massee is in the movie as some other character and it fits with him being the man in the shadows, then maybe that's what he was always meant to be.

If he is not in the next movie then he was likely supposed to play Osborn/Green Goblin and something fell through, maybe a scheduling conflict. And this resulted in Cooper, a secondary choice compared to Massee.

If I may....I have been suggesting for a while now tbat Massee character was never intended to be Norman Osborn; and, even Rhys Ifans stated that fact...that he was not Norman Osborn but an employee of Oscorps. Yes he is an important character....a character that need not be played by any particular actor; because, he is the Chameleon. In which he can be played by anyone, that's the nature of the character. Don't forget the opening scene of the film....Peter as a little boy, supposenly was playing hide & seek with his father; yet his father appeared to be pre-occupied with something else when he ran into his office. I say Peter was playing with the Chameleon's look alike version of Richard Parker; to remove Peter out of the way in order to search Richard office for the manila folder, containing the formula and decay rates.

I really like this theory. Though, I think Chameleon could be played mainly by Massee when he has no mask. He has the sinister face for it

Chameleon.jpg

That's not my quote in your post Venom'sDad. You've put my username on TheWallcrawler's words.

Well, we'll see... If he is in this movie as the Cameleon then you're right, otherwise you're not...

I do have some things to think about...

Would the Cameleon really go through all of that subterfuge of tricking a kid to try to find the file, or would he just come in, traq them, and search thoroughly?

Also, are you honestly suggesting that we're going to have Electo, Rhino, Green Goblin AND Cameleon in this movie?

A Cameleon storyline would work best with Kraven the Hunter, and we're obviously not heading that way.

The Man in the Shadows was obviously a very important character, so would Cameleon fit that? I'm not so sure...

What about my point about the poster in the Oscorp lobby. The voice recording was talking about Oscorp and the picture was of Osborn. And the actor was (it wasn;t easy to proove this) Massee.

And I think the most important is, Massee's voice during that after credit scene. He wasn't talking like the Cameleon. He was going out of his way to talk with a Green Goblin voice. Go listen to it again!

Plus why would the Cameleon come in there as himself? Actually, the Cameleon doesn't have a face, if you know what I mean. I have read the idea of the figure in the shadows being the Cameleon, but the Cameleon posing as Osborn!

Plus we have no knowledge of Massee being in this movie. Seems more than likely that he had a sceduling conflict and has been replaced.

Oh, and when I was saying Cooper was a secondary choice as compared to Massee, I wasn't talking about his acting skills. I was talking about his looks to play Norman Osborn/Green Goblin! Massee has the absolute perfect look for that role!

I really like this theory. Though, I think Chameleon could be played mainly by Massee when he has no mask. He has the sinister face for it

Chameleon.jpg
Well keep in mind, we know Oscorps have develop hologram technology, as evident of the corporation's lobby....I suggest it was used in the opening scene with Peter as the little boy, and in the after-credit scene as he suddenly appear & disappear.

I'm just saying. I'm sure we will learn more in the upcoming film.

That's not my quote in your post Venom'sDad. You've put my username on TheWallcrawler's words.
Sorry....my bad

he doesn't know how to deal with a double post it seems
Apparently :doh:

Well, we'll see... If he is in this movie as the Cameleon then you're right, otherwise you're not...

I do have some things to think about...

Would the Cameleon really go through all of that subterfuge of tricking a kid to try to find the file, or would he just come in, traq them, and search thoroughly?

Also, are you honestly suggesting that we're going to have Electo, Rhino, Green Goblin AND Cameleon in this movie?

A Cameleon storyline would work best with Kraven the Hunter, and we're obviously not heading that way.

The Man in the Shadows was obviously a very important character, so would Cameleon fit that? I'm not so sure...

What about my point about the poster in the Oscorp lobby. The voice recording was talking about Oscorp and the picture was of Osborn. And the actor was (it wasn;t easy to proove this) Massee.

And I think the most important is, Massee's voice during that after credit scene. He wasn't talking like the Cameleon. He was going out of his way to talk with a Green Goblin voice. Go listen to it again!

Plus why would the Cameleon come in there as himself? Actually, the Cameleon doesn't have a face, if you know what I mean. I have read the idea of the figure in the shadows being the Cameleon, but the Cameleon posing as Osborn!

Plus we have no knowledge of Massee being in this movie. Seems more than likely that he had a sceduling conflict and has been replaced.

Oh, and when I was saying Cooper was a secondary choice as compared to Massee, I wasn't talking about his acting skills. I was talking about his looks to play Norman Osborn/Green Goblin! Massee has the absolute perfect look for that role!
(1)He's not tricking a kid...he's doing what he do. I think you looking at this all wrong.

(2)No, I'm not suggesting anything outside of Electro & Rhino. We don't know what role supporting characters are playing, or if we will even see Green Goblin....which I think not.

(3)Chameleon can co-exist with any villain, depending his usage in a story. In your mind, you are limiting his use to just Kraven, which tend to show your lack of understanding of this character and how he can be used in the grand scheme of things.

(4)Yes.

(5)The Lobby hologram of Osborn has no bearing on a character such as Chameleon, who I may remind you, can take on the personality of anyone.

(6)So you know how Green Goblin will sound....fascinating.

(7)Who know exactly who Massee was playing...all we know for sure is that he was playing an employee of Oscorps.

(8)Don't know....it's all speculation at this point. Like I said, no one actor has to play Chameleon, but Massee don't have to cast, he can simply do cameos or quick scenes as needed.

(9) No comment. :oldrazz:

Let's say Massee really was Chameleon and he was involved in the opening scene pretending to be Richard Parker; what would be the point of first breaking into the office to search for the file and then distracting Peter by playing hide & seek?

Chameleon doesn't have to be a villain, a primary villain. He may be Osborn's spy, instead of throwing a new character, who wasn't in the comics.

Hey guys, so I was looking through some custom action figures and just found this one using an MM TDK Batman body, what if GG looked something like this?
45966-2.jpg

I thought we were trying to move away from the green ranger comparisons.

Chameleon doesn't have to be a villain, a primary villain. He may be Osborn's spy, instead of throwing a new character, who wasn't in the comics.
Exactly...an agent of espionage.

Let's say Massee really was Chameleon and he was involved in the opening scene pretending to be Richard Parker; what would be the point of first breaking into the office to search for the file and then distracting Peter by playing hide & seek?
Come on man...why do you think the home office was ransacked. And I'm not necessarily saying was playing hide & seek with Peter; just making Peter think that, to get him out of his Dad's office. Let me pose a question....what do you think Mark's intent was in doing that scene "that particular way"? The whole scene, not just the fact that it was ransacked...we get that; but, why do it in a mysterious, intriguing, suspenseful way? You don't feel something is being conveyed here?

I agree. The Chameleon's true face should be Massee. There is no need for him to wear a white mask under the disguise.

Plus why would the Cameleon come in there as himself? Actually, the Cameleon doesn't have a face, if you know what I mean.

Not true. He was talking like the Chameleon. If you watch some of the old cartoons it sounds similar except more serious, which in a movie it has to be. And he came as himself cause his identity is still hidden. There was no need for a secret identity in a dark meeting place.

I want more traditional Green Goblin this time. The original costume could look funny but I think they could make it work somehow. This costume could also be great:

green-goblin.jpg

this IS goblin. if we can get classic spiderman suit, and blue electro like in comics, why cant we get classic goblin?

from what i can understand webb tried to create two kind of "monsters" with similar formula from richard parker: spiderman and lizard (could say failed project). I am sure norman wants more to have spiderman powers, read peter parker dna more then connors, so i dont see norman become monster and turning into some kind of ogre.
Norman will probably be cured by prototype of peter and connors formula, as he will get spidermen permanent agility, enhanced strength and durability, as he will become delusional, intelligent maniacal, as regenerative powers like it was lizard in ASM.
Everything pointing this way, because Osbourne Company already started working on prototype weapon suits with Rhino, which can lead to creating
glider and using granades "pumpkin bombs".

Any other version of Goblin, i can't really support, because i can't image Webb will use in 3 movies, 2 green monsters terrorizing city.

this IS goblin. if we can get classic spiderman suit, and blue electro like in comics, why cant we get classic goblin?

No. Blue Electro is from the Ultimate comics, just like the huge, fire-spewing, transformed goblin.

The Goblin you've posted a picture of is the 616 Goblin. So according to the question posed, why can't we get "Classic Electro" (or even close to Classic Electro)?

But the answer to your initial question: There's NO reason that we shouldn't.

No. Blue Electro is from the Ultimate comics, just like the huge, fire-spewing, transformed goblin.

The Goblin you've posted a picture of is the 616 Goblin. So according to the question posed, why can't we get "Classic Electro" (or even close to Classic Electro)?

But the answer to your initial question: There's NO reason that we shouldn't.
We dont need to follow everything from one point of comics. We all agree that electro with green-yellow suit would be really ridicoulos, as no one really
expected to wear that. Also Electro is side-villain, and not that truly important as Goblin.
For Goblin as I say is diffirent matter, he is main Spiderman villain, most iconic, as his classic suit is most iconic. His look was always more as disguise as it was costume. He dressed that way because he was maniacal, as he saw in goblins inspiration for hating everything, just as Parker made his Spiderman suit on his power.

I agree. The Chameleon's true face should be Massee. There is no need for him to wear a white mask under the disguise.

no no you got me wrong. His true face should be Michael Massee wearing prosthetics like this

Chameleon(comic).jpg

yeah I know, why would he wear a mask that's Massee's face, but his face was entirely in the shadows so we can just pretend that it was some random face on the mask

Last edited:
I was thinking, what if Copper's Norman is Chameleon and Massee is the real Norman, the guy in the lobby hologram, and the guy in the shadows.

Chris Copper's face seems convincing enough to be a saggy mask.

I was thinking, what if Copper's Norman is Chameleon and Massee is the real Norman, the guy in the lobby hologram, and the guy in the shadows.

Chris Copper's face seems convincing enough to be a saggy mask.

I'd be disappointed if they did this. It's one thing when it happened in IM3, but would you really switch an actor of Cooper's caliber and status from playing Norman/GG to the Chameleon and have Massee be the real Osborn?

To add to that, they have actors like Giamatti and Foxx playing Rhino and Electro. Casting someone like Massee to be Spider-man's arch-nemesis seems like a step down.

I'd be disappointed if they did this. It's one thing when it happened in IM3, but would you really switch an actor of Cooper's caliber and status from playing Norman/GG to the Chameleon and have Massee be the real Osborn?

[BLACKOUT]Hey, they did it with an actor of Ben Kingsley's caliber.[/BLACKOUT]

:o pretty obvious that massee is chameleon, jones is black cat, feore is vulture and novak is doc ock. :o

:o why cast people that aren't villains from the comics? remember proto-goblin played by iffran khan? he stole the show. :o

:o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"