Chris Pie's UnstoppaLounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
The group outside, and again, this was like a parade size group, started to break the windows of the stores across the street. Called my super and barricaded the doors as best as I could but I'm out in the open really. The bench against the door entrance won't do much and the big 20 by 6 glass window will take all of 5 seconds and a tire iron to breach.

The police herded the group up further north along Lafayette. Could be they were coming from or going to someplace specific. If they are going uptown I would hazard some are making a run for Trump Tower again.
Can you not abandon the lobby and move to an upper floor and lock the stairwell? A stairwell door is going to be easier to barricade than a glass lobby door or window.

tumblr_ohfbhl1DgS1u2ragso2_500.gifv

2U8jJ3M.jpg

Can you not abandon the lobby and move to an upper floor and lock the stairwell? A stairwell door is going to be easier to barricade than a glass lobby door or window.

At this point I think abandon post is the only option. I don't have access to the outside camera feeds anywhere else and I don't have the ability to lock and unlock the front and rear doors anywhere else either. A lot of stores around here totally boarded themselves up due to Covid. That was a good play on their part though they didn't know it at the time. Might be too late but the building may want to seal up that big window for the time being.

Oh s**t...
Be safe @KRYPTON INC.

Yeah there was a super loud "boom", then the sound of a crowd... Then it got real quiet. Didn't see any smoke or smell anything so I'm not sure if this was close by or not.

I'm honestly ****ting in my pants a bit tonight. I'm all alone down here. Closest tenant even is 4 floors up.

I thought I would see less people as the night went on but there's more folk walking around than I've seen in months and soon after there's police vehicles.

Anyone got some go to songs for times like this? Or songs that touch on subjects related to our times?

Been strangely obsessed with these three Elton John songs:

Cool.

Cool, cool, cool...

Anything other than Rage or SoaD? Nothing wrong... It's just on the nose.

What I'm asking you is... What's the Wes Anderson soundtrack for the Kali Yuga?

How is it going now Krypton? Are you near the end of your shift?

How is it going now Krypton? Are you near the end of your shift?

Less than an hour to go. Hopefully trains aren't affected or some nonsense.

Honestly looking at the group out last night I can say that 1. The real protestors are a diverse group pulling in from every demo... The "looters" are young guys under 30 taking advantage of the free for all. I for sure saw some people who were already wearing clothes that cost more than what I make in a week looking through the stores across the street the crowd broke the fronts of. Like, they weren't "in need". 2, Sad to say but lots out looked... Happy. Not happy to riot but it was obvious that this let out some pent up frustration and energy... Which is why I think this is gonna stretch longer than it should. Too many people out last night felt good about what they did. Right or wrong, that's probaby how it's working out psychologically. Stuff that feels good can be addictive. I personally feel that's a big part of the Right Wing. It can feel really good to be righteosly indignant at all times. But it gets out of hand. And then all that's left is the anger.

Less than an hour to go. Hopefully trains aren't affected or some nonsense.

Honestly looking at the group out last night I can say that 1. The real protestors are a diverse group pulling in from every demo... The "looters" are young guys under 30 taking advantage of the free for all. I for sure saw some people who were already wearing clothes that cost more than what I make in a week looking through the stores across the street the crowd broke the fronts of. Like, they weren't "in need". 2, Sad to say but lots out looked... Happy. Not happy to riot but it was obvious that this let out some pent up frustration and energy... Which is why I think this is gonna stretch longer than it should. Too many people out last night felt good about what they did. Right or wrong, that's probaby how it's working out psychologically. Stuff that feels good can be addictive. I personally feel that's a big part of the Right Wing. It can feel really good to be righteosly indignant at all times. But it gets out of hand. And then all that's left is the anger.
Ah good. Hopefully you made it home safe and they will move to a different area next time.

Another night in Fun City USA.

Trains are still running so that's something. Definitely more people out on the streets. Still the sound of helicopters all over. Sirens all over. Getting out of the R train station on Prince St. in SoHo and there for sure is more of a police presence. That said, I overheard two guys walking down the block my job is at and they were talking about what they were grabbing out of the storefront around the corner. So... Yeah.

My experience so far has been that the legit protestors range all over demo wise. White, Black and in between and across the generational line.

The looters are all just young guys. Again, all shapes and sizes, but they seem to be majority dudes under 35 to teens making mischeif or taking advantage of the chaos.

It's getting scarily loud out there right now. Whatever is happening is blocks away but man whatever it is that's going down is loud.

krypton.. grab my cape.

Eww... I don't know where that thing's been.

So many people out. And the looting is strangely on like a clockwork schedule. I wonder how much social media is helping looters to coordinate?

Sirens, sirens, exploding sounds, people running all over... It's past ****ing midnight!

Well the looters just hit the building, but it's the tattoo parlor, SoHo Ink next door.

This is madness. They are all over here in South Manhattan. There is a fire made from **** in the middle of the street like a block up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"