Christian Bale, Oscar Isaac ‘The Promise’

Fallen Angel

Earth Bound
Reaction score
http://www.thewrap.com/christian-ba...eorges-epic-love-story-the-promise-exclusive/

Christian Bale and Oscar Isaac will star in “The Promise,” an epic love story that Oscar-winning filmmaker Terry George (“Hotel Rwanda”) will direct from a script he co-wrote with Robin Swicord (“Memoirs of a Geisha”)

Production is slated to start this fall in Southern Europe, including Portugal and the Canary Islands.

Set during the last days of the Ottoman Empire, “The Promise” follows a love triangle between Michael, a brilliant medical student, the beautiful and sophisticated Ana, and Chris — a renowned American journalist based in Paris.

Bale will play Chris, an AP reporter in love with both a woman and the danger of being in a combat zone amidst a world that is falling apart. Isaac will play Michael, a medical student in love with the same woman but conflicted by old-world traditions and his heart.

Isaac and Bale is all I need to be there opening day.

Yeah Bale is one of my favourite actors , I'll pretty much see anything with him.

I hope they get the female actress that's on a similar calibre to both these guy's.

Well it's not Bale and Isaac level.

http://www.thewrap.com/the-walk-sta...an-bale-oscar-isaac-in-the-promise-exclusive/

Fresh off working with Joseph Gordon-Levitt on Robert Zemeckis’ “The Walk,” French-Canadian actress Charlotte Le Bon has landed the female lead alongside Christian Bale and Oscar Isaac in the epic love story “The Promise,”.
Set during the last days of the Ottoman Empire, “The Promise” follows a love triangle between brilliant medical student Michael (Isaac), the beautiful and sophisticated Ana (Le Bon), and Paris-based American journalist Chris (Bale).

I read an epic love story with Christian Bale and Oscar Isaac and now I'm actually somewhat disappointed that its a love triangle with a woman, haha.

^ This would be 100000x more interesting if it was a love story between Bale and Isaac. AMIRITE :woot:

Anyway... so who dies in the end? Because you just know that someone will.

You know it's going to be Issac character. The guy from the old country and not the American reporter.

y8yY7ka.jpg

Xhvr7Kl.jpg

I am going to watch this simply because of the cast! Bale and Isaac are one of my most favorite actors.

I am going to watch this simply because of the cast! Bale and Isaac are one of my most favorite actors.

When they got conjoined is when the offers really started rolling in. :mnm:

"Oh my god, what was that?"

Am I the only one who found that unintentionally funny?

Or that Charlotte Le Bon looks a lot like Winona Ryder?

I'm so happy this movie is getting made, even more so with the outstanding leads. I can't wait to see Erdogan's inevitable rage against this.

Feels like forever since Bale has had a film come out.

Trailer looks good.

Hadn't heard about this until I saw the trailer, looks good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"