The Dark Knight Rises Christian Bale Rules Out Robin For Batman 3 (and beyond)

Imagine troubled Natalie Portman following Al Pacino around in Heat and helping him solve crimes. Robin in Christopher Nolan's Batman films would come off as slightly more believable than that.

Hey, it worked with Léon. :D

Besides, it's apples and oranges. I know this must sound like heresy for the Nolan zombies, this is absolutely under no obligation to be as realistic as Heat. You think Batman Begins was as realistic as Heat?

It's called suspension of disbelief, people. It works quite well for movies based on comic books. Remember? This is based on a comic book! Shocker, I know. :whatever:

Hell, why do I bother?

Just like Dick did.

Really?

Ah well, if we’re talking of a 21 year old Robin then it starts to sound more plausible.

Still, Alfred never adopted Bruce and trained him to be Batman. Bruce did it on his own.

Just like Dick did.

Yes. Sadly, the rest is entirely different. Brcue wasn’t trained while being a kid.

You're completely dismissing the possibility that Dick, while still a child, can still be angry and brash enough to get the "revenge no matter what" thought in his head.

No, I’m not.

If Dick really sets his mind to that, it's not like adoptive parents can stop him from running out looking for revenge. And Bruce knows that, because he once felt like that himself.

Absolutely.

I’m talking about training him and taking him to the streets to fight criminals while he’s an underage. If he becomes an adult that can hold responsibility for his own person, actions and decisions, then he can become Robin if he wants it so much. As long as Batman is not encouraging him as an underage to risk his life for an obsession that could be passing.

Bruce knows that he needed a long training before becoming the crusader. He wasn’t fighting criminals as an underage as shouldn’t Robin.

And hell, if you take into consideration the whole revenge vs. justice theme from Batman Begins, it actually fits perfectly, because not only would Bruce be making sure that Dick would be able to handle himself, he'd be teaching the kid that difference.

And he’d be teaching Dick that a mature decision such as devoting and risking your life for something can’t be out of rage, without the proper training and being a kid.

Besides, it's apples and oranges.

Yes, León a criminal, Batman a hero.

I know this must sound like heresy for the Nolan zombies, this is absolutely under no obligation to be as realistic as Heat. You think Batman Begins was as realistic as Heat?

I know it was very credible. And had no Robin.

It's called suspension of disbelief, people. It works quite well for movies based on comic books. Remember? This is based on a comic book! Shocker, I know. :whatever:

Adding a colorful boy as both a sidekick to Batman and an adopted child to Bruce Wayne (which could never happen, given Bruce’s reputation – not to mention Bruce wouldn’t want to be a father) is more of a suspension of taste.

Really?

Ah well, if we’re talking of a 21 year old Robin then it starts to sound more plausible.

Still, Alfred never adopted Bruce and trained him to be Batman. Bruce did it on his own.

Yes. Sadly, the rest is entirely different. Brcue wasn’t trained while being a kid.

No, I’m not.

Absolutely.

I’m talking about training him and taking him to the streets to fight criminals while he’s an underage. If he becomes an adult that can hold responsibility for his own person, actions and decisions, then he can become Robin if he wants it so much. As long as Batman is not encouraging him as an underage to risk his life for an obsession that could be passing.

Bruce knows that he needed a long training before becoming the crusader. He wasn’t fighting criminals as an underage as shouldn’t Robin.

And he’d be teaching Dick that a mature decision such as devoting and risking your life for something can’t be out of rage, without the proper training and being a kid.

Yes, León a criminal, Batman a hero.

I know it was very credible. And had no Robin.

Adding a colorful boy as both a sidekick to Batman and an adopted child to Bruce Wayne (which could never happen, given Bruce’s reputation – not to mention Bruce wouldn’t want to be a father) is more of a suspension of taste.

You're really starting to confuse me, El. You're basically saying what was good for the goose isn't good for the gander. What Bruce did to undertake his mission to be Batman isn't good for Dick, because someone has to be super responsible for Dick, even though Alfred completely enabled Bruce to do everything he wanted in his crazy quest? That Bruce, perhaps the only human being around that understands Dick and can provide him with what he needs emotionally, financially, and spiritually, should let him rot in the corrupt foster service of Gotham (it is, read the Gotham Times)?

You've even disavowed the same story in other films that worked to a great degree. Leon was just a criminal, so that dynamic between him and Matilda only worked because of that? What about Lone Wolf and Cub? You're forgetting that these are movies, not the real world. And I know there's a realistic setting and yadd, yadda, yadda, but that can't limit what you portray, just how you portray it.

It worked for Leon, it wouldn't work for the Punisher. I agree with El Payaso; one is a criminal, one is a hero (and the Punisher is about the loosest definition of "hero" possible.)

There's also something inherently sad and interesting about a criminal passing down his craft, even though he knows he shouldn't, because it's all he has. Yet at the same time, Road To Perdition worked so well because O'Sullivan didn't want his child to turn out like him.

Besides, it's apples and oranges. I know this must sound like heresy for the Nolan zombies, this is absolutely under no obligation to be as realistic as Heat. You think Batman Begins was as realistic as Heat?

Hell, why do I bother

Nolan has stated that Heat was an influence for TDK, which is why I used it as a comparison. Personally, I don't think these movies should stray too much farther than the new Bond series, as far as their connection to reality goes. An underage sidekick would take them way past that.

Finally, if it's based on a comic book, than why not Starro as the villain for the third movie?

1) He's faced Batman before.
2) A CGI Starro would look awesome.
3) Defeating an extra-terrestrial threat would be a great way for Batman to redeem himself in the eyes of Gotham's citizens.

It worked for Leon, it wouldn't work for the Punisher. I agree with El Payaso; one is a criminal, one is a hero (and the Punisher is about the loosest definition of "hero" possible.)

There's also something inherently sad and interesting about a criminal passing down his craft, even though he knows he shouldn't, because it's all he has. Yet at the same time, Road To Perdition worked so well because O'Sullivan didn't want his child to turn out like him.

Nolan has stated that Heat was an influence for TDK, which is why I used it as a comparison. Personally, I don't think these movies should stray too much farther than the new Bond series, as far as their connection to reality goes. An underage sidekick would take them way past that.

Finally, if it's based on a comic book, than why not Starro as the villain for the third movie?

1) He's faced Batman before.
2) A CGI Starro would look awesome.
3) Defeating an extra-terrestrial threat would be a great way for Batman to redeem himself in the eyes of Gotham's citizens.

Starro was never a central character in the Batman mythos. Everyone who disagrees with Robin being in the franchise seems to be double talking. "It worked in Movie A, but it can't work for Batman", and that's just blind bias. A younger sidekick worked in films like The Professional, Road to Perdition, Matchstick Men, Reign of Fire, Star Wars, and so on. Now everyone's saying it can't work for Batman? It's ****ING BATMAN! After 70 years now are people going to start having issues with Robin, when it's pretty much been status quo longer than what most people have been alive?

Also if I here one more "endangering a youth" statement, I'll flip. These are comic book films, not a family court. It's not like Batman is throwing the guy out there with no training or means to defend himself. Besides, Robin has more god given talent than Bruce ever had. When I was 15 I defended myself against 5 thugs and walked away from it, are you saying Robin can't? To me the anti-robin argument is paper thin. So thin people are going of on crazy tangents that decades of history disagrees with. Either Robin is a witless kid, Bruce is an irresponsible prick, or somehow the legions of Bat-fans that have grown up with this character would now reject him because a film about a grown man dress up like a bat, jumping off rooftops is too realistic for him. Uhh, yeah, that makes sense.

You're really starting to confuse me, El. You're basically saying what was good for the goose isn't good for the gander.

I’m saying exactly the opposite. What Bruce did, Dick can do.

But Bruce wasn’t encouraged by an adult who dressed in a suit with a cape and a mask and wasn’t trained as a kid and put on the streets as an underage like Dick.

If Dick can have this desire to become a crimefighter and, just like Bruce, he can hold this desire over time and search a way by himself and travel to Himalayas or whatever the place is to provide himself a mentor and a training, then he’s free to do it.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

What Bruce did to undertake his mission to be Batman isn't good for Dick, because someone has to be super responsible for Dick, even though Alfred completely enabled Bruce to do everything he wanted in his crazy quest?

Alfred was responsible for Bruce; he didn’t encourage him to go to the streets to fight crime as an underage. Bruce did this on his own and started while being 18 or so. Before that he was too busy looking for revenge.

Bruce could go as far as to tell Dick that revenge won’t solve anything. But to train the kid and take him to the streets as an underage in not only ilegal but immoral.

That Bruce, perhaps the only human being around that understands Dick and can provide him with what he needs emotionally, financially, and spiritually, should let him rot in the corrupt foster service of Gotham (it is, read the Gotham Times)?

Thing is no one will give Dick to Bruce because of his reputation, he’s not marruied, he loves parties and women and to burn his own house up.

That said, I don’t think Bruce himself is looking for parenthood. I’m sure Dick is not the only one who Bruce could understand and provide what he needs emotionally, financially, and spiritually.

So what’s with the next kid whose parents were killed by gangsters? Adopt him too? Why not? Why would he adopt one but despise the next one?

That’s why the Bat-Orphanage doesn’t work. Batman is about to prevent more kids to lose their parents. For the consequences of crime there’s the philantropic wing of wayne Enterprises.

You've even disavowed the same story in other films that worked to a great degree.

No, I haven’t.

The idea could work fantastiuc with characters of a different nature.

Leon was just a criminal, so that dynamic between him and Matilda only worked because of that?

Amongst many many other things, yes. A criminal doesn’t necessarily care for what happens to an underage. Batman can’t overlook that.

And don’t forget there’s a romantic story between León and Matilda. We surely don’t want to go back to that for Batman.

What about Lone Wolf and Cub? You're forgetting that these are movies, not the real world. And I know there's a realistic setting and yadd, yadda, yadda, but that can't limit what you portray, just how you portray it.

In fact you can limit what you portray. That’s why Nolan won’t have Clayface or Bat-mite. Robin contradicts visually and conceptually what Batman is and why he is there for. In comics he can be fun and entertaining. In movies a kid ruins the seriousness of Batman and his lonely nature. The day Batman wants to start a family he better quit and get married.

After 70 years now are people going to start having issues with Robin, when it's pretty much been status quo longer than what most people have been alive?

Issues with Robin started decades ago. After decades of it Burton decided to rulke out the character and 20 years later Nolan is doing the same.

Also if I here one more "endangering a youth" statement, I'll flip. These are comic book films, not a family court. It's not like Batman is throwing the guy out there with no training or means to defend himself.

Batman himself got far more training durting his life. He was a grown up man when he finally put the suit on.

That said, it is not if Robin can or can’t defend himself. It’s the fact that an adult allowed him to put his life in danger. Batman does that, he goes to jail.

Besides, Robin has more god given talent than Bruce ever had.

That Bruce doesn’t know. To put an underage life in danger is ilegal and immoral no matter if he has talent or get lucky enough to survive.

When I was 15 I defended myself against 5 thugs and walked away from it, are you saying Robin can't? To me the anti-robin argument is paper thin.

You surviving one fight at 15 is paper thin. No adult encourage you to do that and make a career out of that. That’s the big difference.

So thin people are going of on crazy tangents that decades of history disagrees with.

Crazy tangent is to say that morals and laws are something Batman shouldn’t care for.

Either Robin is a witless kid, Bruce is an irresponsible prick, or somehow the legions of Bat-fans that have grown up with this character would now reject him because a film about a grown man dress up like a bat, jumping off rooftops is too realistic for him. Uhh, yeah, that makes sense.

The character is uneccessary and goes against what Batman is and is there for. Inside of the Batman fiction a Bruce Wayne adopting a kid and putting him on the streets to fight crime doesn’t make sense.

Issues with Robin started decades ago. After decades of it Burton decided to rulke out the character and 20 years later Nolan is doing the same.

Batman himself got far more training durting his life. He was a grown up man when he finally put the suit on.

That said, it is not if Robin can or can’t defend himself. It’s the fact that an adult allowed him to put his life in danger. Batman does that, he goes to jail.

That Bruce doesn’t know. To put an underage life in danger is ilegal and immoral no matter if he has talent or get lucky enough to survive.

You surviving one fight at 15 is paper thin. No adult encourage you to do that and make a career out of that. That’s the big difference.

Crazy tangent is to say that morals and laws are something Batman shouldn’t care for.

The character is uneccessary and goes against what Batman is and is there for. Inside of the Batman fiction a Bruce Wayne adopting a kid and putting him on the streets to fight crime doesn’t make sense.

I think I finally see where you're coming from, El. But I think it's because you misinterpet what Batman and Robin is about. In retcon Batman didn't really adopt Dick, he was a material witness in the murder of his parents and Bruce just provided him a safe and temporary place to live out of guilt and empathy. We agree on one thing, Batman never wanted Robin. Bruce isn't out to be Dick's dad or his best friend, just his mentor.

While in the care of Bruce it became obvious that Dick was out for vengance. He wanted justice, just like Bruce did, but Dick was willing to run off into the night to find that justice. Training, or no training; Bruce or no Bruce. He was alot more wild and reckless than Bruce was at that age. Of course Bruce saw the vengance that raged inside the boy and he sympathized with it, how could he not? Batman gave him a path, a focus for that potentially destructive rage inside Dick. He tutored him, trained him, and when BATMAN thought Dick was ready, he became Robin.

Let's get one thing really clear. Bruce Wayne is not a responsible person. If he was, he would have become a cop or homocide detective. He wouldn't dress like a bat and maim criminals every night. He wouldn't cause untold property damage in Gotham city. Bruce is unhinged, and he is a living id. Bruce Wayne would have no issue with allowing Robin to fight crime. Does that make it right? No. But Bruce allows it. I think you're starting to forget Batman isn't quite sane.

Also, here's a story about how well the adoption service in America works. A woman I saw on the Steve Wilkos Show adopted over 41 children, one of whom was wrongfully imprisoned for child molestation for 10 years. The woman proved herself to be irresponsible numerous times, but that state allowed her to adopt a child 41 times! Knowing this, how unrealistic would it be for a billionaire to be allowed to do it once? And like I said, Bruce isn't out to be Dick's dad. It takes years for him to officially adopt him. Bruce is merely a benefactor to Dick in the public's eye. He doesn't want to adopt every orphan, he just wants to help Dick. They are two men on the same mission, and Batman is making sure Robin does the mission right.

I think your issue, El, is that you're assuming certain factors about Robin and Bruce Wayne instead of researching a little. You're posing yourself as the authority on the matter. " The character is uneccessary and goes against what Batman is and is there for." That's what you said, right? But who are you to presume that when, in fact, that has been part of the character for so long? You, in a bit of arrogance I think, are saying that dozens of creators over decades of history are wrong.

Batman isn't Frank Castle. He isn't a heartless machine of vengence. Is he dark? Yeah. Withdrawn? Yeah. But that isn't his limits to that. He's still a man that needs friends and partners in his efforts. There's a big part of him that is sympathetic and passionate about the plight of others. It is that part of Batman that makes him a righteous tool of justice instead of a maniac hell-bent on revenge. It is that part of him that feels for the orphan Richard Grayson. It is that part of him that can't deny Dick the very thing he has dedicated his entire life to. It's the core of Batman. He's a man, human and flawed. Alone, sad, angry, joyous, excited, right, wrong, sympathetic, vengeful, and all things in between. The reason we all love Batman is because he is human underneath it all. The origin of Robin is one of the greatest displays of that humanity in the Batman legend, and that is why so many want to see it realized correctly.

Starro was never a central character in the Batman mythos. Everyone who disagrees with Robin being in the franchise seems to be double talking. "It worked in Movie A, but it can't work for Batman", and that's just blind bias. A younger sidekick worked in films like The Professional, Road to Perdition, Matchstick Men, Reign of Fire, Star Wars, and so on. Now everyone's saying it can't work for Batman? It's ****ING BATMAN! After 70 years now are people going to start having issues with Robin, when it's pretty much been status quo longer than what most people have been alive?

Also if I here one more "endangering a youth" statement, I'll flip. These are comic book films, not a family court. It's not like Batman is throwing the guy out there with no training or means to defend himself. Besides, Robin has more god given talent than Bruce ever had. When I was 15 I defended myself against 5 thugs and walked away from it, are you saying Robin can't? To me the anti-robin argument is paper thin. So thin people are going of on crazy tangents that decades of history disagrees with. Either Robin is a witless kid, Bruce is an irresponsible prick, or somehow the legions of Bat-fans that have grown up with this character would now reject him because a film about a grown man dress up like a bat, jumping off rooftops is too realistic for him. Uhh, yeah, that makes sense.
100 Percent well said! Noirman! Nolan Goyer, and Most importantly Chuck roven and WB paying attention?!! i know damn well the two Long lasting producers that have been on since bat89 till begins and darkknight (Benjamin Melniker& Micheal E Uslan)agree that Robin is important to the mythos, ive seen all their interviews and articles on it!

actually payaso, you pretty much in trying to make sense, actually come off making no sense at all! the charcters has been done right in animation and on film, i dont care what anyone says, big deal Chris o Donell wasnt a ten year old, he wasnt camping it up and saying gee gosh willikers through the whole damn movie!!? he was a good partner, and its a testament that he's the only sidekick thats lasted 70 freaking, years when all other sidekicks have basically fallen by the way side, its because hes as awesome character as batman, and even more so makes Bruce wayne a richer cahracter as well!

I think I finally see where you're coming from, El. But I think it's because you misinterpet what Batman and Robin is about. In retcon Batman didn't really adopt Dick, he was a material witness in the murder of his parents and Bruce just provided him a safe and temporary place to live out of guilt and empathy. We agree on one thing, Batman never wanted Robin. Bruce isn't out to be Dick's dad or his best friend, just his mentor.

While in the care of Bruce it became obvious that Dick was out for vengance. He wanted justice, just like Bruce did, but Dick was willing to run off into the night to find that justice. Training, or no training; Bruce or no Bruce. He was alot more wild and reckless than Bruce was at that age. Of course Bruce saw the vengance that raged inside the boy and he sympathized with it, how could he not? Batman gave him a path, a focus for that potentially destructive rage inside Dick. He tutored him, trained him, and when BATMAN thought Dick was ready, he became Robin.

Let's get one thing really clear. Bruce Wayne is not a responsible person. If he was, he would have become a cop or homocide detective. He wouldn't dress like a bat and maim criminals every night. He wouldn't cause untold property damage in Gotham city. Bruce is unhinged, and he is a living id. Bruce Wayne would have no issue with allowing Robin to fight crime. Does that make it right? No. But Bruce allows it. I think you're starting to forget Batman isn't quite sane.

Also, here's a story about how well the adoption service in America works. A woman I saw on the Steve Wilkos Show adopted over 41 children, one of whom was wrongfully imprisoned for child molestation for 10 years. The woman proved herself to be irresponsible numerous times, but that state allowed her to adopt a child 41 times! Knowing this, how unrealistic would it be for a billionaire to be allowed to do it once? And like I said, Bruce isn't out to be Dick's dad. It takes years for him to officially adopt him. Bruce is merely a benefactor to Dick in the public's eye. He doesn't want to adopt every orphan, he just wants to help Dick. They are two men on the same mission, and Batman is making sure Robin does the mission right.

I think your issue, El, is that you're assuming certain factors about Robin and Bruce Wayne instead of researching a little. You're posing yourself as the authority on the matter. " The character is uneccessary and goes against what Batman is and is there for." That's what you said, right? But who are you to presume that when, in fact, that has been part of the character for so long? You, in a bit of arrogance I think, are saying that dozens of creators over decades of history are wrong.

Batman isn't Frank Castle. He isn't a heartless machine of vengence. Is he dark? Yeah. Withdrawn? Yeah. But that isn't his limits to that. He's still a man that needs friends and partners in his efforts. There's a big part of him that is sympathetic and passionate about the plight of others. It is that part of Batman that makes him a righteous tool of justice instead of a maniac hell-bent on revenge. It is that part of him that feels for the orphan Richard Grayson. It is that part of him that can't deny Dick the very thing he has dedicated his entire life to. It's the core of Batman. He's a man, human and flawed. Alone, sad, angry, joyous, excited, right, wrong, sympathetic, vengeful, and all things in between. The reason we all love Batman is because he is human underneath it all. The origin of Robin is one of the greatest displays of that humanity in the Batman legend, and that is why so many want to see it realized correctly.
That hit the nail on the head. Well said NoirMan.

That hit the nail on the head. Well said NoirMan.

Thanks man. I hope I didn't sound too preachy. As a Batman fan I want the mythos to be really well handled, Robin and all. If not by Nolan, then someone else as worthy. I think all of this bruhaha is starting because people feel like the franchis is getting to the point where it's time for Dick Grayson to show up. Truthfully, Robin doesn't have to show up in the trilogy at all, people know that story and where it goes. But we never really got to see Grayson's origins handled the right way.

If they don't respect the character, they're not the right creative team to bring him to the screen.

How does not wanting a certain character in a film mean they don't respect the character? That doesn't make sense. They just don't want to use him. Period.

Bale's refusal to do Robin, shows only that he cares about this project and he's probably following NOLAN like a german to a nazi

This is the most dumbest post I ever read. Because he doesn't want Robin, he is following Nolan like a German to a Nazi? You cross the line right there with that "Nazi" talk there. Why don't you call me that too with me somewhat agreeing with Bale on no Robin in Nolan's film while you're at it, huh? :whatever: :whatever:

And of course Bale care about this project. That why this franchise is doing so well.

IF HE REALLY CARED ABOUT BATMAN, HE WOULD HELP THE FILMMAKER's FIND A WAY TO INCLUDE SUCH A PIVOTAL PART OF THE BATMAN UNIVERSE

Once more, not wanting a character doesn't mean he don't care about Batman. In fact, are you talking about Batman & not Robin there? Thus, he does care about Batman. God, some of you guys whine & bash an actor or director because they don't give you what you want. Ever heard of "You can't always get what you want"? :oldrazz:

How does not wanting a certain character in a film mean they don't respect the character? That doesn't make sense. They just don't want to use him. Period.

Saying he'll chain himself up and refuse to work is saying more than just "that's not the direction we wanna go in." Exaggeration or not.

well one thing your wrong about one thing now , in the comics now bruce wayne is Officially DICK GRAYSON's FATHER! even though Grayson's nightwing already, bruce signed the legal Documanents! SO ANY DEBATE SHOULD END NOW! IN THE COMICS BATMAN IS LITERALLY DICK GRAYSONS FATHER NOW!!!!

well one thing your wrong about one thing now , in the comics now bruce wayne is Officially DICK GRAYSON's FATHER! even though Grayson's nightwing already, bruce signed the legal Documanents! SO ANY DEBATE SHOULD END NOW! IN THE COMICS BATMAN IS LITERALLY DICK GRAYSONS FATHER NOW!!!!

Nope. I mentioned that, " And like I said, Bruce isn't out to be Dick's dad. It takes years for him to officially adopt him." I should clearify that Bruce wasn't ALWAYS out to be Dick's dad, although he is now.

LOL at Bale's comments. Robin stays in the comics only. I've never been a fan of side-kicks. And besides, the two worst Batman films had Robin in it. We don't want camp to enter the Bat-world again.

LOL at Bale's comments. Robin stays in the comics only. I've never been a fan of side-kicks. And besides, the two worst Batman films had Robin in it. We don't want camp to enter the Bat-world again.

Camp came from the director, not Robin.

Bale's probably holding a grudge against the character Robin, because O'Donnel was chosen over him to play Robin in the first franchise. Lol

Could Bruce think that, after having his enemies in his own house and after they burnt it to ashes, his house could be safge for a kid?

Could any judge believe that a single billionaire with a reputation of being alcoholic, pyromaniac, womanizer would be a safe choice to leave a kid with? Once again, if somebody says yes, Michael Jackson would jump out of his wheelchair.

When would that be?

Bruce knows that it took decades for him to be ready to be Batman. And it took him to live amongst the criminals.

He was in his mid-twenties-going-to-thirties according to the movie. If that’s the case, I can’t see Batman spending 10 years or more to train a kid. Then again I can’t see Batman going after every kid wanting revenge before they become killers he has to take to the jail.

Batman has his own set of rules and inside of that he’s very responsible. The fact he didn’t go through the usual channels in order to become a crimefighter does’t make him irresponsible. Encouraging an underage to risk his life on the other hand...

A Batman movie that talks about adoption issues?

In any case, Bruce Wayne’s reputation is very well known amongst Gothamites, he wouldn’t get away with this as that woman did.

Arrogance or not, my points stand. Batman’s a loner dark figure and Robin takes that away. Batman is not about parenthood or dealing illegaly with underages.

And for the umpteenth time, I have said Robin can work in comic books and animation.

Batman isn't Frank Castle. He isn't a heartless machine of vengence. Is he dark? Yeah. Withdrawn? Yeah. But that isn't his limits to that. He's still a man that needs friends and partners in his efforts. There's a big part of him that is sympathetic and passionate about the plight of others. It is that part of Batman that makes him a righteous tool of justice instead of a maniac hell-bent on revenge.

It is that part of him that led him to Gordon and Dent as allies. Not to colorful-dressed underages.

It is that part of him that feels for the orphan Richard Grayson. It is that part of him that can't deny Dick the very thing he has dedicated his entire life to. It's the core of Batman. He's a man, human and flawed. Alone, sad, angry, joyous, excited, right, wrong, sympathetic, vengeful, and all things in between. The reason we all love Batman is because he is human underneath it all. The origin of Robin is one of the greatest displays of that humanity in the Batman legend, and that is why so many want to see it realized correctly.

Batman has plenty of great stories where he shows humanity. Fatherhood is not on Bruce’s agenda as he knmows he can’t provide the child of a normal family and life he needs. Even if the kid feels that he doesn’t need that it is Bruce’s responsibility to give him a normal life, not to risk his life.

He does need friends as anybody else, but he knows in his mission he can’t “have the luxury of friends.”

Bale's probably holding a grudge against the character Robin, because O'Donnel was chosen over him to play Robin in the first franchise. Lol

He's most probably blessing the day he didn't get the part. :cwink:

Lol. Yeah, ODonnel portrayed the 60s camp version of Robin rather than the real Robin. Also, too old and looked nothing like robin. : )

He's most probably blessing the day he didn't get the part. :cwink:

I'm certain of that as well. Needless to say, if he landed that gig he wouldn't be Batman now. Instead he'd be doing lines of coke off a dirty table in a West Hollywood motel, brooding about the day his agent gave him the lead to some superhero movie. He clutches his rusty revolver that he bought after pawning his colorful, benippled costume. How was he supposed to know there would be so much neon? Too much neon for a talented kid just trying to make it. Click. One bullet in. Click. Click. Three. Joel promised him, promised him it would make his career. Click. Four. He didn't know the travesty Tommy and Jim would embark on. How could anyone? Click. Five. He didn't know then, but he knows now. He knows how to set it right.

Click...Six.

BANG! One for Schumacher!
BANG! One for Kilmer!
BANG! BANG! Two for those scene chewing ****s!
BANG! One for his agent!

He's kind enough to save one for himself. He knows how to set it right, and he knows what they'll say. Christian Bale, of Batman Forever fame...quintuple murder/suicide. Batman Forever FAME?! It makes him laugh, a small, nervous laugh. What fame was there for him? Nothing. None! Not back then, but there is now. He knows how to set it right.

BANG!

Sorry, I think I got off track...damn coffee. Nice Sig by the way, El!

Could Bruce think that, after having his enemies in his own house and after they burnt it to ashes, his house could be safge for a kid?

Could any judge believe that a single billionaire with a reputation of being alcoholic, pyromaniac, womanizer would be a safe choice to leave a kid with? Once again, if somebody says yes, Michael Jackson would jump out of his wheelchair.

When would that be?

Bruce knows that it took decades for him to be ready to be Batman. And it took him to live amongst the criminals.

He was in his mid-twenties-going-to-thirties according to the movie. If that’s the case, I can’t see Batman spending 10 years or more to train a kid. Then again I can’t see Batman going after every kid wanting revenge before they become killers he has to take to the jail.

Batman has his own set of rules and inside of that he’s very responsible. The fact he didn’t go through the usual channels in order to become a crimefighter does’t make him irresponsible. Encouraging an underage to risk his life on the other hand...

A Batman movie that talks about adoption issues?

In any case, Bruce Wayne’s reputation is very well known amongst Gothamites, he wouldn’t get away with this as that woman did.

Arrogance or not, my points stand. Batman’s a loner dark figure and Robin takes that away. Batman is not about parenthood or dealing illegaly with underages.

And for the umpteenth time, I have said Robin can work in comic books and animation.

It is that part of him that led him to Gordon and Dent as allies. Not to colorful-dressed underages.

Batman has plenty of great stories where he shows humanity. Fatherhood is not on Bruce’s agenda as he knmows he can’t provide the child of a normal family and life he needs. Even if the kid feels that he doesn’t need that it is Bruce’s responsibility to give him a normal life, not to risk his life.

He does need friends as anybody else, but he knows in his mission he can’t “have the luxury of friends.”

LOL! At the Micheal Jackson comment. I just think Batman is deeper than you give him credit for. The Robin origin shows a lot of that depth and a good 50% of Batman's modern day personality is shown through it. More than anything, I think excluding Dick Grayson is more of a disservice to Batman than a benefit. It just makes him seem very one-note. Like he's the Grim Avenger of Evil and that's it. There's also a ton of good ways to adapt Dick Grayson for the Nolanverse, so it's like a big missed opportunity, for Nolan to miss out on making Robin really cool.

Yes, he was for the most part ruined in the 60s and in the first movie franchise. This could be robin's redeeming moment in the media.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"