The Dark Knight A reference to NO Robin in a future Batman film . . .

i think nightwing would work, if he was some other vigilante in Gotham that is more violent than Batman. Batman could track him down or summin and realise hes just some young kid so he takes him on and tries to channel his anger like what Ra's did in batman begins.
that sounds more plausible then him picking up a kid and training him.

To put this bluntly: f**k Robin, and any incarnation of Robin, now and probably forever.

im with you guys, I hate how there is a Batman "family" of robins and huntress and all these weird sidekicks.

I dont see Robin in the films but i do see Dick Grayson being introuduced in each film theres that underline theme of Father and Son plus Batman has already shown that he cant do this forever so he will want some one to carry on his mantle after he is done so i can see the 3rd film ending with Bruce adopting little Grayson

That is an excellent idea and just what I was thinking. My take on this would be about Bruce, after the death of his childhood friend Rachel, becoming so driven and obscessed with being Batman that he loses his humanity and is brought back to it by this young kid named Dick Grayson.

No Robin ever. He died, killed by the Joker with a crowbar anyway.

Burt Ward comes back and kicks all their asses.

I honestly believe Robin is a great addition to the batman mythos if he dies early on further supporting batmans personal belief that his batman persona is causing more damage then good.

Robin should not be in Nolan's version. One Nolan finishes bring Grayson in number 4 and put Robin in 5 and this should only be the case if fans want him badly in the movies, my view is the longer you wait the better. Robin is a horrid character.

The only chance we'll get a Robin is if Nolan borrows from the Tim Drake Robin story. He's already shown he enjoys the modern darker interpretations. If Robin were thrown into the story, I think it would be similar to the story in Identity Crisis where his father dies from crime, not some carney freak accident. LOL

BTW, there is a quote somewhere in TDK, don't remember where, about eventually getting a crew around him that does the same thing. My ears shot up when I heard it because it sounded like it alluded to a Batgirl, Robin, modern comics atmosphere.

you mean when alfred said he should hire the bat-fakes? lol.

well i personally think robin is a great character. for those who dislike robin, read batman: dark victory for dick grayson, death in the family for jason, identity crisis(and pretty much everything tim's in) for tim drake, and HUSH for all three. batman's been all over the place emotionally because of these robins. all they need right now is dick grayson, i mean with the hunt going on...batman is soon to lose his sanity, and who'll be the one to save him from it? alfred? no..how about a kid who is a spitting image of his younger self, dick grayson?

what i fail to understand is how these so called "fans" can hate robin so much. he's been around as long as batman has minus one year. the way i see it, you guys are just jumping on the band wagon cuz dark knight was so good. a good amount of the batman fans know how good the character of robin is, and what he provides for the batman mythos.

like tim drake says, there can't be a batman without a robin(that is...after dick left), there's no going back. otherwise, he'd just go mad, and become the very thing he was fighting against.

i guess they could just not introduce robin at all, but i mean...batman needs some kind of ally now that gordon is on the other side. i'm thinking either catwoman(whom batman refuses help until very end), jason bard(good cop/detective batman trusts), or dick grayson...but i know how much bale, nolan, and all of SHH hate him, so i doubt it.

So how about this...

What if Two-Face is still alive.
A circus come to town and Dick Grayson is a trapezist.
His Robin costume could be a slight nod to his trapeze costume.
Two-Face somehow kills Dick's parents. Maybe by a huge, over the top ticking time bomb.
Bruce reaches out to Dick.
Dick finds the batcave or batfloor (since he has an entire floor to himself if he is still in the abandoned Wayne Enterprises property)
Alfred, being the baller that he is, already has a Robin suit made.
The two team up and bring down Two-Face.

Yes? No?

So how about this...

What if Two-Face is still alive.
A circus come to town and Dick Grayson is a trapezist.
His Robin costume could be a slight nod to his trapeze costume.
Two-Face somehow kills Dick's parents. Maybe by a huge, over the top ticking time bomb.
Bruce reaches out to Dick.
Dick finds the batcave or batfloor (since he has an entire floor to himself if he is still in the abandoned Wayne Enterprises property)
Alfred, being the baller that he is, already has a Robin suit made.
The two team up and bring down Two-Face.

Yes? No?

That's amazing
Why haven't they done that already!
:cwink:

I thought the whole point of the movie was that Batman does indeed need and WANT help. :rolleyes:

i kinda like what they did with all star batman and robin, except for the fact that robin almost killed green lantern, lol.

i say combine the likes of dark victory and all star, and you can get a really cool robin. but like i said, i don't even care if robin doesn't make an appearance. i just wanna see dick grayson at least.

I didn't realize that Brian Douglas was the guy Batman talked to in that opening scene, but now that I know... how the hell did he get out of jail? I'm assuming the Batman Brigade or whatever the hell they were all got arrested along with Crane, so how the hell did he get out of jail and get apprehended by the Joker? It would be one thing if they just interfered, but they were running around shooting people. That's not something that they just let you off the hook for.

Did anyone notice the paticular scene in The Dark Knight where all the mobsters and the fake 'batmen' are apprehended and Brian Douglas (the paticular 'batmen' that the Joker later takes hostage) tells Batman that "we're trying to help you" and Batman responds by saying "I don't need any help" . . . well if you didn't I did and I was just thinking if this was truly Christopher Nolan telling all us fans that he really does not want Robin in a future series.

Nolan has stated before, as has Christian Bale, that he does not want Robin to appear in his movies, but I was just thinking if this could be a direct statement, yet hidden in the moment, that Batman will always be alone and there will be no Robin.

Thoughts, ideas, anything else?

True, and I completely agree!... I dont wanna see Robin either.

YAHOOOOOOOOO! No Robin. Robin is the worst hero ever!:grin:

You obviously aren't familiar with aqualad, or infectious girl or matter eater lad or stone boy or colour boy or the wonder twins. Robin is a legend of comic books. batman only lasted a year without Robin and he's still here, in fact 3 of them are still in the comics.

BTAS Robin was pretty cool, he got impatient and angry with Batman sometimes, but that was to be expected. He was the "HOLY____" manboy in panties like the 60's show, but he wasn't the egotistical airhead like O'Donnell protrayed him. Like most, there really isn't room for him in the Nolanverse. This 3rd (hopefully not final) film is about Batman's redemption, I don't want screentime wasted on him trying to mentor some young hothead who wants to be his partner, and I really wouldn't want to see Bruce having to drop the playboy act to play daddy to another emotionally traumatized kid. I like Robin, but I don't want ANY mention of him in the next movie...I don't even want to hear Bruce or Alfred talk about going to a circus.

This 3rd (hopefully not final) film is about Batman's redemption, I don't want screentime wasted on him trying to mentor some young hothead who wants to be his partner, and I really wouldn't want to see Bruce having to drop the playboy act to play daddy to another emotionally traumatized kid.

I'm pretty sure the theme of the next film won't be so predictable. The themes of the Dark Knight weren't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"