The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Cinema Blend's Katey Rich's Response to Fan Reaction to Shailene Woodley.

I even stated I have no real knowledge of either of their acting, I saw Shailene in the Descendants for like 5 minutes and she didnt blow me away either. I take anyones word for it who says Felicity cant play MJ. But I have also heard plenty of people say Shailene is awful on whatever abc family show she did or whatever it was. So when I show pics of Felicity, its more about illustrating the fact that those who wanted someone who looks different (not talking about the mean people) werent always saying they needed a playboy/victoria secret model to play the part, simply that there are normal girls out there who fit the look better than Shailene. That is all.
Fair enough. I never saw that ABC Family show, but I thought she was fantastic in The Descendants (I definitely recommend checking out the whole movie) and she got absolute raves at Sundance for her performance in The Spectacular Now, so I have very little doubt she can pull this off. Felicity is decent, but her performances I've seen don't show any signs of that fire or spark that MJ requires at all, imo.

Still, it's been many a month since we had a good old fashioned s***storm isn't it?

Back in the day everyone was passionate about everything on the internet and s***storms were everywhere. Now people just say 'don't feed the troll'. I thought JJ Abrahms as the Star Wars director would create more of a s***storm but it didn't really. I was worried the days of crazy fan arguments were numbered.

There's really no need for these ****storms anymore anyway. People can have an argument without going nuts over said topic. It's not only about not feeding the trolls, it's that many fans today are just classless. To me people like that are useless to even talk about. They are not worth my time. If naysayers have legit points, I have no problem listening to what they say, like some people who aren't too fond of Woodley do here. Criticizing can be done without resorting to cheap insults and illogical conclusions.

Last edited:
Still, it's been many a month since we had a good old fashioned s***storm isn't it?

Back in the day everyone was passionate about everything on the internet and s***storms were everywhere. Now people just say 'don't feed the troll'. I thought JJ Abrahms as the Star Wars director would create more of a s***storm but it didn't really. I was worried the days of crazy fan arguments were numbered.

We're on the same page Silvermoth. I'm a low-key, good-natured citizen in real life. Sometimes I like to vent or be passionate about things on the internet. I was pretty passionate about MJ needing to appear more bombshell than SW. Seems like more people flamed me for having that opinion than the opinion itself. More people jumped to defend the girl for being average than fought me on her actual level of attractiveness.

To be fair, the tall, muscular and handsome Bale sold Bruce far better then Keaton managed.

Also, I'm pretty sure Ledger lost a lot of weight for the role of Joker.

But in that time, 1989, how many people had been proven wrong?
Keaton's casting caused a controversy among comic book fans, with 50000 protest letters sent to Warner Bros. offices.
50000!
And now, eventhough Bale has more-accurate-looking, there's so many people who prefer Keaton than Bale as the best Bruce-Batman..

Same with Ledger.. Eventhough he lost weight, I don't think he could be said as a thin guy, especially compared to the Joker in the comics..
I remember, so many fanboys complained about his hair, his white powdered skin and even his laugh from the trailer..

MCD as Kingpin is less accurate than Affleck as Matt Murdock. But we all know and agree which one is better in playing his role, right?

I found this funny, sometimes the most memorable portrayal of a comic book character is brought by someone who has very-not-accurate-looking..

Last edited:
A good clear fan photo with Shailene:

374426_435997426492989_1931794060_n.jpg

She's cute

Also regarding the "weight gain", I doubt she weighs that much more than she normally does...A pic of her from a about a week ago with her face not looking puffy or anything:

hbz-front-row-nyfw13-Rebecca-Taylor-Shailene-Woodley-lgn.jpg

she's not ugly, but what does katey rich expect from fanboys? these are the same guys who would want the rock to play every superhero, or another wrestler. it's all about looks with fanboys. if they don't look exactly like the comic book character, there's going to be hell to pay. it's nothing new. woodley's cute, and mary jane is supposed to be a model turned mediocre actress in the comics. she'll probably just play herself.

honestly i think it's hilarious that katey rich would defend a celebrity/actress as a "real person" when so many of them starve themselves or augment themselves with endless amounts of surgeries to look cartoonish. they're no where near real people. also isn't this one famous for playing a teenage girl who has a child. great example set there for today's youths.

What I want her to look like in the movie:
BEYktbMCYAArzz4.jpg:large

she's not ugly, but what does katey rich expect from fanboys? these are the same guys who would want the rock to play every superhero, or another wrestler. it's all about looks with fanboys. if they don't look exactly like the comic book character, there's going to be hell to pay. it's nothing new. woodley's cute, and mary jane is supposed to be a model turned mediocre actress in the comics. she'll probably just play herself.

honestly i think it's hilarious that katey rich would defend a celebrity/actress as a "real person" when so many of them starve themselves or augment themselves with endless amounts of surgeries to look cartoonish. they're no where near real people. also isn't this one famous for playing a teenage girl who has a child. great example set there for today's youths.

True

also isn't this one famous for playing a teenage girl who has a child. great example set there for today's youths.

I didn't get this part. That's a role she plays, not the real-life person. She can play a teenage mother, a prostitute or a transvestite if she wants, what example for today's youth are you talking about? Rich defends Woodley the real person, not what roles she had. That's like saying movie goers can't like Michael Douglas for playing a corrupt business magnate. What is your point?

Andrew Garfield played a convicted child killer(Boy A) before he was Spider-Man...won't somebody please think of the children!!

I'm glad they haven't made M.J an over the top supermodel type, the truth is Peter Parker is a bit of a geek, he wouldnt be dating a supermodel in high school regardless of what the comics tell us. That's possibly the most unrealistic thing about the whole spider-man mythos, It would look rediculous if somebody like Kate Upton on Parkers arm. :funny:

Andrew Garfield played a convicted child killer(Boy A) before he was Spider-Man...won't somebody please think of the children!!

I'm glad they haven't made M.J an over the top supermodel type, the truth is Peter Parker is a bit of a geek, he wouldnt be dating a supermodel in high school regardless of what the comics tell us. That's possibly the most unrealistic thing about the whole spider-man mythos, It would look rediculous if somebody like Kate Upton on Parkers arm. :funny:

I've seen ridiculously hot/beautiful girls date guys that don't look nearly as good as Andrew. It's not that uncommon, actually.

Peter didn't even meet MJ until he was well in college, when his enhanced genes had fully turned him into a slick looking guy. So the comics don't even tell us that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"