Clark's romantic chemistry

Clark and Alicia had chemistry.:up:

Agreed. Alicia was a very sexual character, couple that with Clark on RedK, and there was explosive physical chemistry. But even not on RedK, and with her in less-crazy mode, they still had a LOT of chemistry.

And I don't agree that everyone has chemistry with Clark. :p I do agree that it's too subjective a thing to label anyone's viewpoint as being the final word on it though. Just look at the responses in this thread, and you can just extrapolate that to all of the very fractured SV fandom. I don't see any chemistry between Chloe and Clark (whether it's supposed to be there or not) but there are thousands of Chlark fans that strongly disagree with me. I'm not going to say they're wrong and I'm right either.

Agreed. Alicia was a very sexual character, couple that with Clark on RedK, and there was explosive physical chemistry. But even not on RedK, and with her in less-crazy mode, they still had a LOT of chemistry.

And I don't agree that everyone has chemistry with Clark. :p I do agree that it's too subjective a thing to label anyone's viewpoint as being the final word on it though. Just look at the responses in this thread, and you can just extrapolate that to all of the very fractured SV fandom. I don't see any chemistry between Chloe and Clark (whether it's supposed to be there or not) but there are thousands of Chlark fans that strongly disagree with me. I'm not going to say they're wrong and I'm right either.

But Chloe has great chemistry with Clark, as a friend...

I was saying, as was Pat, that his chemistry with everyone wasn't necessarily romantic....

He's not romantically involved with Bart, for example, but Clark and Bart had great chemistry as friends.

I was saying, as was Pat, that his chemistry with everyone wasn't necessarily romantic....

He's not romantically involved with Bart, for example, but Clark and Bart had great chemistry as friends.

Well, yeah.. but I was going with the the proposed question in the title of this thread.

I think Clark had amazing chemistry with Bart.

If we're including any type of chemistry... my favorite "chemistry" pairing with Clark, which is only a notch or two under the Lana pairing -- is Clark and Lex - sexual or not, those two make all their scenes come alive.

Of course, Clark has had great chemistry with just about every girl he's been paired with...

Clark = chemistry

That's right - step right up, ladies!!! We have here the one, the only, the amaaaaaazing Tom Welling as Clark Kent, who we know will become Superman sooner than later! He's tall, dark, and handsome! Curls to twist! Eyes that glow with an inner, alien light! Biceps like small boulders! A chest broad as a barn! Paws for hands! Feet the size of NBAers'! ...and you ladies all know what they say goes with those last two...

Right now, tonight, we're offering YOU, yes, YOU!, our fangirls, your own chance to experience the wonder that is *Tom*. Up close and personal. He can make you feel like the female SV character of your choice, with a glance - a whisper - perhaps more**. He's THAT good. For just a small donation, a pittance really***, you get your choice of Farm Clark, RedK Clark, or even Kal-El. If you're into the kinkier stuff, Tom will consider negotiating for a few minutes of his time in the role of Enspelled Clark (beam and all but NO fingernails, ladies!) or SilverK Clark (specify whether you do or do not want witnesses). Fifteen minutes of his time in all, in the loft, for all the Clark you can take! We'll even supply both of your wardrobes (SV-style for your characters) for the duration...

So what are you waiting for, ladies? You know you want him. You know you've been dreaming of this since the first day you laid eyes on him. He can be all yours... but only tonight, and only in this thread.

** - the "more" is a private decision between you and Tom, to be made during your fifteen minutes. He has agreed to act as Clark has on the show; anything beyond that is per his personal discretion. Give him a good reason, ladies!

*** - Tom, SV, and CW get no financial benefit from these transactions. All proceeds will be donated in their entirety to the Give-The-Character-A-Clue Foundation. You may specify which character will benefit from your personal donation. No part of this donation is tax-deductible, but you won't care.

I don't see any chemistry between Chloe and Clark (whether it's supposed to be there or not) but there are thousands of Chlark fans that strongly disagree with me. I'm not going to say they're wrong and I'm right either.

Well, yeah.. but I was going with the the proposed question in the title of this thread.

Wh wha what? No chemstry at all? Huh? :huh:

Again, I was talking ROMANTIC chemistry. And no, I don't see any with them, not even way back when they went to that dance together.

Of course, they are great friends...

Am I really that hard to understand. :( Maybe I need more caffeine.

ariellem said:
Fifteen minutes of his time in all, in the loft, for all the Clark you can take!

Fifteen minutes? Pffft. According to Clark: He's fast, but he ain't that fast. ;)

Ariellem that's quite a competition you've got going there.

Again, I was talking ROMANTIC chemistry. And no, I don't see any with them, not even way back when they went to that dance together.

Fifteen minutes? Pffft. According to Clark: He's fast, but he ain't that fast. ;)

Nope! 'Cause I'm right there with you on that one. :up:

FINE. Redacted: make it an hour. I was going for cheap thrills; an hour wouldn't be cheap! :cwink: I think most fangirls would prefer an hour anyway, but I'm not sure how many of us Tom could stand for that long.

The other discussion: I don't see a lot of *romantic* chemistry between Clark and Chloe on Clark's end, but I do see a lot of *sexual* chemistry from time to time. The *friendship* chemistry is obviously there; I think we all agree on that. A little redK or some free time and spend that time with a close friend who's on your wavelength...

I was quickly scanning the thread and all I saw was "no chemistry" in the post I quoted, not, "no romantic chemistry." It stood out. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

This is what I said on the Chloe/Clark subject....

Clark doesn't have romantic chemistry with Chloe because he's not supposed to. He doesn't see her that way and never has. But I'd bet dollars to donuts the actors would have no problem creating sizzling chemistry if they played different characters in a different show or film.​

I'm kinda curious what folks have to say about the latter part to that statement, cause I think it too was skimmed over.

Chemistry can be manufactured by good actors, even those that hate each other. Case in point: Jennifer Grey and Patrick Swayze in Dirty Dancing. Couldn't stand each other - couldn't wait for production to end - but they sizzled on screen. Whoda thunk?

Chemistry can be manufactured by good actors, even those that hate each other. Case in point: Jennifer Grey and Patrick Swayze in Dirty Dancing. Couldn't stand each other - couldn't wait for production to end - but they sizzled on screen. Whoda thunk?

Ya think? I hated that movie. Blaah!! :dry:

Ariellem that's quite a competition you've got going there.

? :whatever: Was supposed so sound like a sideshow barker (hence the short timeframe offered) but I see how it could also read as an auctioneer...

Where's that blushing icon?

This is what I said on the Chloe/Clark subject....

Clark doesn't have romantic chemistry with Chloe because he's not supposed to. He doesn't see her that way and never has. But I'd bet dollars to donuts the actors would have no problem creating sizzling chemistry if they played different characters in a different show or film.​

I'm kinda curious what folks have to say about the latter part to that statement, cause I think it too was skimmed over.

I don't know. It's hard for me to imagine them as entirely different characters interacting as a romantic couple. They are both too entrenched in my mind as Clark and Chloe. If I saw them together in any other medium, I think it would still be very hard for me to see them differently. But I think that applies to any two of the regular castmembers.

Mike and Tom as Bill & Ted would still be Lex and Clark (on acid) to me. ;)

Individually, I don't think it's a problem separating them from their SV characters.

AgentPat said:
Chemistry can be manufactured by good actors, even those that hate each other.
Since I'm fairly sure you didn't watch that interview with KK I recently posted, I can tell you that she does agree with you. Paraphrasing -- She makes a comment about how it's not easy to find natural chemistry with other actors, but even if it's not there - you have to make it be there.

Ya think? I hated that movie. Blaah!! :dry:

Me too, I had an Ex who loved this movie and always wanted to watch it...and I have never been so close to gouging my eyes out and sticking pencils in my ears.:cmad:

My wife does NOT like this movie....and I love her for it.:woot:

Hmm.. gee, I'm not sure.

Tough question!

:p

Chloe/Clark - zippo.

Lois/Clark - Sorry, just not really feeling it romantically. But I am extremely entertained by the two of them together, especially now that I like Lois as a character. Go figger. I like what Lois is able to bring out in Clark. But, they are both HOTHOTHOT (him more than her ;)) and that does make for sizzling scenes. So I do agree with avid, there is a lot of potential there.

Lana/Clark - D'uh. Enough to make my toes curl. Whether they're fighting or tongue-dancing - their scenes always have a natural spark to them. Granted, they must be very comfortable together after all these years, and that's likely a factor. Although, I think it's also been there from the very first episode.

Well it's happened... Serene and I have a moment of agreement :eek:

I see no romantic chemistry with Welling and Durance on screen. However with Kreuk there seems to be a natural chemistry which carries over well. Also see more of the friend zone with Mack.

I'll comment if it's alright...

Personally I've seen a couple instances where Tom did not have romantic chemistry with an actress when clearly the script called for it. The one that primarily stands out in my mind is with his costar in the movie "The Fog". I think her name is Maggie Grace. While it was nice to see Tom in any film, watching him beside Maggie was painful.

The other person I've never seen him have an inkling of spark (sexual-chemistry wise) is with Allison. For example, in the finale "Vessel", Clark and Chloe shared a kiss towards the end. This was the first Clark/Chloe kiss that was reciprocated by both parties. When it happened, my immediate thought was, "Well, that was completely random." They didn't sizzle. As a matter of fact, the moment was strangely odd.

So, my answer is no. I don't think that if the writers wrote Clark and Chloe in a romantic sense that it would feel right (based on what we've seen to date). However, I'm open to be proven wrong if they go there. Tom has surprised me quite a bit over the years, so maybe he's holding back the sparks in his scenes with Allison in some way at this point.

I'll comment if it's alright...
Are you kidding? I'm always interested in what you have to say, Chelly! :)

Personally I've seen a couple instances where Tom did not have romantic chemistry with an actress when clearly the script called for it. The one that primarily stands out in my mind is with his costar in the movie "The Fog". I think her name is Maggie Grace. While it was nice to see Tom in any film, watching him beside Maggie was painful.
Holy Toledo, N-HOW! LOL I couldn't figure out if she was a horrible actress or just plain didn't want to be there - or BOTH! But gosh darn, was she one helluva wet fish. I don't know if the director picked her, but whoever was responsible for her casting should be shot. My word, did she ever suck. LOL

The other person I've never seen him have an inkling of spark (sexual-chemistry wise) is with Allison. For example, in the finale "Vessel", Clark and Chloe shared a kiss towards the end. This was the first Clark/Chloe kiss that was reciprocated by both parties. When it happened, my immediate thought was, "Well, that was completely random." They didn't sizzle. As a matter of fact, the moment was strangely odd.
Yet again, I'm pretty sure it was meant to be odd and completely out of left field. I'll take it one step further and say I didn't even see the reciprocity that others claim to have seen *cough*K-Site*cough*.

So, my answer is no. I don't think that if the writers wrote Clark and Chloe in a romantic sense that it would feel right (based on what we've seen to date).
Agreed. I don't think it would "feel" right either because of how the characters have been established as friends. Some shows play with the friendship card between leads knowing full well that audiences want the couple to hook up down the road. But I don't see the SV writers going that route. They tease audiences, particularly those who are pro Clark/Chloe, but there's only so much they can spread Clark around while still making it "feel" right. The writers addressed that very absurdity in a direct in Crimson when Clark questioned wanting to kiss Lois as he kept Chloe in his back pocket while all along being in love with Lana. Something has to give. I just hope it comes sooner rather than later. LOL

However, I'm open to be proven wrong if they go there.
I don't think they will. I think they're smart enough to not open that can-o-worms.

Then again... they have done some really stupid sh.........

Tom has surprised me quite a bit over the years, so maybe he's holding back the sparks in his scenes with Allison in some way at this point.
I'm curious to see what happens in that upcoming scene that we have the promos to with Clark and Chloe at the DP. Looks intense. :D :up:

The loyalty and friendship "chemistry" that Clark and Chloe share is just as intense and valuable as a romantic chemistry, and much rarer. I agree, Clark could have at least one-way romantic chemistry with anyone, because who wouldn't be attracted to him? But right now Chloe is the only one he completely trusts.

Hmm.. gee, I'm not sure.

Tough question!

:p

Chloe/Clark - zippo.

Lois/Clark - Sorry, just not really feeling it romantically. But I am extremely entertained by the two of them together, especially now that I like Lois as a character. Go figger. I like what Lois is able to bring out in Clark. But, they are both HOTHOTHOT (him more than her ;)) and that does make for sizzling scenes. So I do agree with avid, there is a lot of potential there.

Lana/Clark - D'uh. Enough to make my toes curl. Whether they're fighting or tongue-dancing - their scenes always have a natural spark to them. Granted, they must be very comfortable together after all these years, and that's likely a factor. Although, I think it's also been there from the very first episode.
Pretty much my thoughts exactly. :up:

I was starting to think I was the only one feeling that way about Lois and Clark... I was hoping that more "spark" and "tension" would develop between those two now that they've locked lips, but... while it WAS entertaining... it was no Clark and Lana kiss. Sorry.

There is still nothing that beats the first time Clark kissed Lana in the Talon... THAT kiss STILL totally smokes them all!! THAT was melt your socks chemistry!

I think there was some lovely romantic chemistry between Clark and Chloe in Tempest, season 1. Clark was so sweet and the way he looked at her... I would have melted and AM looked as if she was about to.

So yes, I believe Tom can have romantic chemistry with *almost* any actress. Clark could very well have it with Chloe too, if they went that route. In fact Clark as Lionel managed to have sexual tension with Chloe at the Torch in Transference. But I love their "friendship" chemistry.

As for MG, she can't act and comes across as inexpressive and cold. And she never showed any enthusiasm about the movie or even her own role in it. On the contrary Selma Blair, in just one tiny scene with Tom, had lots of chemistry with him. And she had a big and charming crush on Tom. :yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"