The Smallville Relationships Thread

Serene said:
Adding:
I'm frustrated not just about Lana.. but also about Clark. His reasoning of not telling Lana because it puts her in danger just doesn't hold water anymore. She's in more danger now than ever now (c'mon..she's with ZOD). I think it just makes him look bad now, and I don't like thinking that he looks bad. He too smart for that.. or he should be. I want him to tell her the truth even more than I want them to be a couple anymore.

Well I'll just say what Martha said, him not telling her may have more to do with the fact that he just doesnt see the two of them living out their lives together. Its quite possible that it has nothing to do with the danger that she would be put in by knowing.

Once he firmly sets in his mind that "she's not the one" then he will rethink the situation in a completely different light. However, now that she is so in with Lex there is no way that he is going to tell her.

There has not been enough trust between either Clark or Lana. Sure she didnt say anything directly about him and his secret but lines like she said in Lockdown "I turned to Lex because he wants to find out the truth not hide from it" certainly suggest that she's not happy with the lack of trust between them.

She should have enough trust in Clark by this stage to know that if he's keeping a secret from her then he's keeping it for a damn good reason. And if she cant live with that, then she shouldnt hang around in the hopes that he might let his armour down. Clark made the decision for her.

I completely understand why Lana is feeling the way she is, and if I was in her position I would probably feel the same, but that doesnt take away from the fact that I know why Clark is acting the way he is acting and why I can sympathise with him more than I can with her.

I think when she said to him in Vessel "that she doesnt know how she could have ever loved him" it was said in anger and exasperation and she wanted to hurt him like she feels he's doing to her.

She doesnt understand how honourable his intentions are and that's what's upsetting me the most about Lana at the moment. She's known Clark intimately for 5 years and she knows deep down what kind of person he is and yet she easily forgets that and only looks at things on the surface whilst at the same time she knows deep down what kind of person Lex is and easily forgets that because on the surface he's giving her the things that she wants.

She's confused. :confused:

She needs to get away and spend some time out on a remote island.

AgentPat said:
^ Good post. This was a nice summation for the other POV, which I admit I don't always see...
Thanks.. I'm always grateful for your posts too. You manage to explain your frustration with Lana without resorting to out and out bashing her (or wishing for her death! which drives me crazy).

*hugs Pat*

Serene said:
Thanks.. I'm always grateful for your posts too. You manage to explain your frustration with Lana without resorting to out and out bashing her (or wishing for her death! which drives me crazy).

*hugs Pat*

I guess you hated my post, so I dont get a hug. :(

AgentPat said:
^ Good post. This was a nice summation for the other POV, which I admit I don't always see...

I wonder if Tom was going around saying "Clark is so stupid" with some of the choices he's made since Reckoning...

He pushed her away and right into Lex's hands, it's his own fault but I felt what she said about not understanding how she could have ever loved him was unnecessarily hurtful.

She was trying to hurt him back like he's hurt her. The war has escalated between them.

He should have told her the truth, but I suppose at this point, from a story telling sense he couldn't have...

She had to go to Lex of her own free will to set up the confrontation later she'll have with Lex. And I imagine that there will be quite a confrontation once she finds out how much he's manipulated her feelings to get what he wants.

He probably has genuine feelings for her, Lexmas showed that, but hurting Clark in the process of securing a relationship with her is probably just icing.

avidreader said:
I guess you hated my post, so I dont get a hug. :(

I'll give you a hug..

*hugs*

avidreader said:
She should have enough trust in Clark by this stage to know that if he's keeping a secret from her then he's keeping it for a damn good reason. And if she cant live with that, then she shouldnt hang around in the hopes that he might let his armour down. Clark made the decision for her.

But she was doing exactly that: living with it until he was ready. That's what she told him in Hypnotic. He made the decision to break it off anyway. It was a lose-lose situation for her.

And I don't agree that she should be blindly trusting in him anymore, despite their history. I would have always stood by the idea that she should trust him regardless of anything, until Hypnotic, and Vessel. Now I believe she does have a right to question if he's the same guy she's always thought he was. She'd be naive (and kinda stupid) not too, IMO.

I just saw your post! I didn't hate it! Gah.. why are we having such problem communicating lately? :(
*double hugs avid*

But I've always had issues with blind faith. :D

triplet said:
I'll give you a hug..

*hugs*

Thanks!

I think we need a group hug after the little battle we had in that other thread this morning.

grouphug.gif

Now I'm off to watch my son kick ass in Little League Baseball.

Serene said:
But she was doing exactly that: living with it until he was ready. That's what she told him in Hypnotic. He made the decision to break it off anyway. It was a lose-lose situation for her.

And he couldnt bear the pain for her anymore and decided to end it.

The balls in his court now. Its all got to come from him, he's got to stop treating her like she's gonna break.

And I don't agree that she should be blindly trusting in him anymore, despite their history.

She doesnt have to completely trust him, but she could still have a little faith in him. Couldnt she try and be a little more understanding and think that he is scared for her, worried for her and other people. Has he ever shown her that he's the kind of guy that does thing solely for his own benefit. She knows him better than that.

I would have always stood by the idea that she should trust him regardless of anything, until Hypnotic, and Vessel. Now I believe she does have a right to question if he's the same guy she's always thought he was. She'd be naive (and kinda stupid) not too, IMO.

Yeah, she should question his motives, but she's not even questioning them, she's jumping to the conclusion that he's a bad guy. She overheard the tail end of a conversation where he said "If I'm right I've got to kill Lex".

I just saw your post! I didn't hate it! Gah.. why are we having such problem communicating lately? :(

We're not having problems, I was just teasing.

*double hugs avid*

Super hugs back.

I still love Lana, she's my favourite female on the show. I just cant get past her running to Lex so soon after her break up, especially when she was questioning his trust earlier in the season.

Both her and Clark have serious communication problems. He loves her to the point that he wants to keep her in a box and shelter her from everything and that just doesnt work in the real world. Maybe his time out in the PZ will teach him that.

good luck at your sons game. well good luck to your son, not you, but if you want good luck, then you can have some too i gues.. aw, shoot, you know what i mean.

and yes, after the "debate" i would like a little huggage as well.

Kaboom said:
good luck at your sons game. well good luck to your son, not you, but if you want good luck, then you can have some too i gues.. aw, shoot, you know what i mean.

*hugs*

grouphug.gif

i just hugged pretty girls. sweet! ;)

avidreader said:
I still love Lana, she's my favourite female on the show. I just cant get past her running to Lex so soon after her break up, especially when she was questioning his trust earlier in the season.

I agree. I think they stretched that out a bit, and tried to make it seem sensible because of the history they have as business partners, and by having Lex say repeatedly to her he would never lie to her. But realistically, it still seems a bit OOC for her to have embraced "dating" Lex so quickly after Clark broke up with her. I'm not opposed to the Lexana entirely either.. I've said before, I think it's an interesting dynamic to explore, but unless they are giving Lana a 180 personality change, Lex is just not the kind of man that she wants or needs. He's also going to lie to her, but at least Clark had good reasons.. Lex's reasons are all of the evil variety. ;)

Both her and Clark have serious communication problems. He loves her to the point that he wants to keep her in a box and shelter her from everything and that just doesnt work in the real world. Maybe his time out in the PZ will teach him that.

He doesn't have much faith in her, that's true. I don't know if that will ever change, but I hope so. I'd like to see her do more than just get rescued from this whole Zod situation.

I really wonder if they are going to show us Clark's experiences in the PZ. That would be a really cool basis for a whole episode - culminating in him escaping. It seems like he's going to need Jor-El to help him escape though.

Serene said:
I agree. I think they stretched that out a bit, and tried to make it seem sensible because of the history they have as business partners, and by having Lex say repeatedly to her he would never lie to her. But realistically, it still seems a bit OOC for her to have embraced "dating" Lex so quickly after Clark broke up with her. I'm not opposed to the Lexana entirely either.. I've said before, I think it's an interesting dynamic to explore, but unless they are giving Lana a 180 personality change, Lex is just not the kind of man that she wants or needs. He's also going to lie to her, but at least Clark had good reasons.. Lex's reasons are all of the evil variety. ;)

He doesn't have much faith in her, that's true. I don't know if that will ever change, but I hope so. I'd like to see her do more than just get rescued from this whole Zod situation.

I really wonder if they are going to show us Clark's experiences in the PZ. That would be a really cool basis for a whole episode - culminating in him escaping. It seems like he's going to need Jor-El to help him escape though.

1. Lana was on the rebound. i think the whole reason for the joke, is that girls on the rebound tend to be emotionally vulnerable and date lex when they know hes a evil future ex-president power monger who eats regular people for breakfast.

2. in my msg to DeKnight i asked that clarks time in the phantom zone would be used by jor-el to reveal the end of krypton and clarks journey to earth. keep your fingers crossed.

Serene said:
If you can get through 95% of the ship BS on DeKnight's blog, there's a few interesting suggestions. I hope he sees them. Here's a recent one that I kind of liked:

Dawn said:
I'd like to see Clark come from the PZ with a Kryptonian attitude. Perhaps, even have a shaggy looking Clark beard and longer hair to show that time was different there compared to Earth. Clark is a changed boy..he is now a man that was living a Hell in this place. He still saves the world but he is more neutral towards humans. That for season premiere.. Lana becomes his connection to humanity. She brings back Clark to love humanity and not just fight because it is his destiny. I just want to see repercussions from Clark being in the PZ. It is a prison after all..he should be a little hardened from the experience.
That was a particularly interesting idea.

Oooo, and I just thought of another one...

*poof*

<- Off to log her second entry in DeKnight's blog

AgentPat said:

*poof*

<- Off to log her second entry in DeKnight's blog

Hey! Can you post it here too? I don't feel like wading through the blog to find it.

she posted it in the tom welling as superman thread

^ Yup. It's in the TW/Supes thread. It's about flying, so it didn't' fit this thread's topic - not that THAT matters much, considering the massive detours recently taken in other threads. LOL

Oh, and now that I'm reminded, there was a long post that I wanted to respond to that I never got a chance because of being side-tracked. I have to find that puppy. I think it was in this thread...

[scrolls back a few pages]

Kaboom said:

It was a tight game but they won, 1-0, and now they're in the final.

Serene said:

I dont think its because he has little faith in her, I just think he has an overwhelming need to protect her.

The both of them will come around to each other eventually, I just hope that the rebuilding of their friendship evolves at a more realistic pace than the Lana Lex relationship.

In fact the quick development of the Lex and Lana relationship will probably be a catalyst in it breaking down irrepairably.

AgentPat said:

*poof*

I read that and thought it sounded like a great idea too.

Clark loses his faith, Martha and Chloe are unable to help him and they think that perhaps the only person that could, would be Lana. But what does that mean and what will they do?

I wanted to post an observation I made the other day, after watching Blank. As it concerns Clark and Lana, I thought this might be the best place.

Serene, you might wanna cover your eyes, because I'll probably get no love from you for stating this. :D ;) :p :)

Clark in his state of amnesia is about to spill the beans of his secrets to Lana, who knows that for whatever reasons Clark has never been open to divulge such things to her before.

Does that not make it an act of betrayal on Lana's part, not much better than what Lex did to Clark in the same episode?

lana is evil just like her great grandma isobel who was burned at the stake! she should be killed off to chants of "Burn her she's a witch!" "She has got a wart."

by the way, do we know what floats on water besides churches?

Whatever.
Lana's evil.. blah blah blah..
I'm not really up for caring about it right now. But thanks.

Serene said:
Whatever.
Lana's evil.. blah blah blah..
I'm not really up for caring about it right now. But thanks.

Did you have to read it now, after all that other stuff? :( I didnt want to upset you, I was just enquiring on other people's observations.

avidreader said:
Clark in his state of amnesia is about to spill the beans of his secrets to Lana, who knows that for whatever reasons Clark has never been open to divulge such things to her before.

Does that not make it an act of betrayal on Lana's part, not much better than what Lex did to Clark in the same episode?
I'm not following ya. Can you explain what you mean a little better? (I LOVED Blank, btw.)

AgentPat said:
I'm not following ya. Can you explain what you mean a little better? (I LOVED Blank, btw.)

I loved Blank too. Actually Unsafe is on HDNet right now, and I just saw the scene between Chloe and Lana at the Torch and Chloe says make sure that your first time is with someone you want to remember. So beautiful that Lana held off until she could do it with someone that she will remember for a long long time. :( :)

Okay to Blank, in the school hall Clark clearly states to Lana that he loves her and doesnt understand why things never worked out between them, and this time he wants things to be different. They give each other their lovers' eyes stare and Lana says we shouldnt discuss this now.

Later on Lana, after his memory has been retrieved, visits Clark at the farm and she's all nervous and anxious, in my opinion she was thinking that Clark was going to tell her "everything". Does this mean that Lana was going to take advantage of Clark in his vulnerable amnesia state, knowing that in his normal state he wouldnt divulge his secret to her?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"