Avenger
Reaction score
Clark and Lana

kissclana8uh.jpg

Clark and Chloe

004.jpg

Clark and Lois

exposed2.jpg

I'll also copy a couple of posts from the Tom Welling Thread.

AgentPat said:
It may or may not be important depending on where they go next season. There were so many parallels with Commencement, both in dialog and character interaction, the Chloe/Clark scene could swing either way. The writers were smart though and left themselves an out. I'm thinking a LOT will depend on what happens with the film. If for some reason they're prevented from moving Lois in the direction she *should* go, then I'd say expect the unexpected.

Pixiedust said:
I know there is a possibility that they will go with a Chloe/Clark relationship next year and I just don't know how I'm going to feel about it. To me, Clark has never felt that way about Chloe. She's been a great friend to him all year and I know relationships can grow out of friendships like that but there are usually hints of interest along the way and I just have never seen that from Clark's side of the fence so if he all of the sudden decided Chloe was the girl for him that would just come too out of the blue for me.

Way back in Devoted he said he didn't feel that way about her, at least not at that point but I haven't seen that change. In fact, I think it was pretty obvious leading up to the finale that he still loved Lana, even though he accepted that being with her would never work out. So a sudden interest in Chloe (just because she grabbed him and kissed him again---seems to be her pattern) would be out of character for Clark.

I guess I don't trust Al and Miles to build up a relationship slowly between the two, showing that Clark and even Chloe want to take it slow. I imagine them throwing the two into an all out romance which I just don't think I could buy.

I'm all for Clark moving on from Lana and getting ready for the relationship he will one day have with Lois, but I just don't want Chloe to be the stepping stone he uses to do it.

But I do have to admit Tom looks really hot in that pic. Of course he always looks hot so that's nothing new. But there is just something about him with his eyes closed. Or open. Oh heck, I'm easy.

Triplet said:
Well, I didn't see it as being as important as some people apparently did.

I agree with Pixie on one thing: I just don't see Clark going there right now. They haven't foreshadowed a major change in his attitude toward her. Not. At. All.

If they do go with Clark and Chloe getting it on and, as nauseating as him hooking up with Chloe is, if it will get him over his intimacy issues then it might work in a larger sense as far as his character arc is concerned. That said, I think they will have to tread lightly and build up to it if they do go that route....

A light can't just go off and he wake up one morning head over heels in love with her. That'd be stretching it, really...

TonyMontana said:
Well I for one thinks he should not hook up with Chloe. I mean come on this swapping thing has got to stop. I mean its like the Young and the Restless everybody slept with or made out with one another some where down the line. Clark needs to go solo and the only person who he needs to hook up with is Lois.

Avidreader said:
They have such a great platonic relationship why spoil it with a romance.

Even though Clark has never shown any romantic feelings to Chloe and has stated the opposite, they could have it that once he finally gets over Lana he does actually wake up and see that the "right girl" has been in front of him all long.

I dont see that happening though and just rewatching some of the episodes since Clark and Lana broke up, I cant say I'm too thrilled with the way that Chloe has been telling Clark to get over Lana.

For instance, telling Clark that the choices Lana makes are her business despite the fact that Chloe knows very well what Lex is capable of.

Chloe knows Clark still cares about Lana as he does about alot of people, so why shouldnt he show concern for Lana's well being, when the reason he broke up with her was because he wanted her to be happy.

Chloe's attitude and approach is showing signs of her swooping in and trying to win Clark over. I'm not sure I like that.

Serene said:
Granted, Lana's my girl, and the only one I want to see him with.. but I loved his scenes with Alicia. The big difference there is that I thought he had some really good (and hot) chemistry with Alicia, but with Chloe, it's like oil and water and nails scraping a chalkboard.. both at once. *shivers*

I'm still not all there for the Clois that I do think is going to happen. I am curious to see how it plays though. I can see them throwing in some Clois kisses similar to the way they threw in a few of the Chloe ones.. with Clark and Lois having to "pretend" and kiss each other while trying to solve something. Meh.. the Lois-foreshadowing works fine IMO, but they need to refrain from the sledgehammer to the face WINK-WINK moments. I think the Clois should be a more natural progression for all of them..

Honestly, and I don't mean this to sound like Chloe-hatred, because I don't hate her character at all.. but now that they have Lois, and if they really are going to utilize her more and more - I find Chloe more expendable and obtrusive than ever. Lana should be his go-to hometown close friend, and Lois is the investigative partner/future girlfriend.

And can I just say here that I KNEW Chloe still had feelings for Clark that she's never gotten over - but I guess it's hard to blame the girl for that.
In Reckoning, when Clark told Chloe that he proposed to Lana.. first she just about **** herself - then she wants to know how SHE reacted . That scene with her was much more revealing than I think most people picked up on.

"Losing track" of Lana at the political rally (you know, after promising to not take her eyes off of her) was probably intentional... With roomies like Chloe, Lana better learn to sleep with one eye open.

avidreader said:
I'm with you there, like I said in my post, I dont like the way Chloe's been telling Clark to get over Lana.

Although I dont think Chloe deliberately lost Lana at the Victory Party, she just wasnt that interested in keeping as close an eye on her as Clark had asked her to do.

We should we really start a thread to discuss the relationships of Smallville.

BaK said:
Jor-El and Louise

They were a sweet couple. I hope Clark shares that with Lana one day. It would be nice for her to know.

Nice thread (and a lot of work!) avid. :up:

Serene said:
Nice thread (and a lot of work!) avid. :up:

Thanks. Until the new season spoilers start pouring in, this is really one thing that we can speculate about with a little assurance of the outcomes.

Honestly, and I don't mean this to sound like Chloe-hatred, because I don't hate her character at all.. but now that they have Lois, and if they really are going to utilize her more and more - I find Chloe more expendable and obtrusive than ever. Lana should be his go-to hometown close friend, and Lois is the investigative partner/future girlfriend.

Gough made mention about Chloe getting a boyfriend next year, and I dont think he meant Clark. I'm wondering if the purpose of giving her a boyfriend is so that Clark can establish the relationships that he is supposed to have with Lois and Lana.

^Maybe the elusive, virginity-stealing, summer internship, bow-tie wearing.. Jimmy? :)

I hope so. That would be cool.
(Until he turns out to be a latent meteor-freak and tries to kill her.. ;) )

Serene said:
^Maybe the elusive, virginity-stealing, summer internship, bow-tie wearing.. Jimmy? :)

I know we were supposed to think that it was Jimmy Olsen but it would be nice if she met up with this guy again.

Jimmy Olsen is supposed to be several years younger than Clark, right?

Bound8.gif

I can't find any pics of Lex playing kissy face:( :mad:

tzarinna said:
Bound8.gif

I can't find any pics of Lex playing kissy face:( :mad:
There could be some from Hypnotic, but I dont like saving pictures of Lex playing kissy face.

For me there has to be sincerity and warmth in a relationship and Lex doesnt have any of that when it comes to any of the women he's been with.

yeah the season must be over . . . .shippers

NHawk19 said:
yeah the season must be over . . . .shippers

At least I didnt start a thread about What Books I like to Read. ;)

I do have a preference, but hey I'm up for whatever ship makes Clark happy.

Personally, I think next season he should spend concentrating on other things.

avidreader said:
At least I didnt start a thread about What Books I like to Read. ;)

I do have a preference, but hey I'm up for whatever ship makes Clark happy.

Personally, I think next season he should spend concentrating on other things.

ok I'll give you those (but the comics thread is 2 pages). . . Just thought I was over at Ship-tonsite for a minute.

last episode of house, house made an observation.....nines marry nines, sevens marry sevens, etc.

that alone lets us know that clark cannot be with chloe. unless alcohol was involved. but clark cant get drunk.

Kaboom said:
last episode of house, house made an observation.....nines marry nines, sevens marry sevens, etc.

that alone lets us know that clark cannot be with chloe. unless alcohol was involved. but clark cant get drunk.

Care to elaborate on that? I'm a bit confuzzled. :confused:

Serene said:

I hope so. That would be cool.
(Until he turns out to be a latent meteor-freak and tries to kill her.. ;) )

HAHAHAHAHAHA, Serene, you made me laugh real hard on that one.
In Smallville if your even thinking of looking for romance, it's a given that they will try to kill you and become homicidal at some point.:D

Serene said:
Care to elaborate on that? I'm a bit confuzzled. :confused:

Oh, he's saying that their relative hotness is unequal....

I'm guessing he's supposing that Clark is a higher number (like a 9 or a 10) whereas Chloe is lower so they will never get together.

Well, I think Clark is a 10, I don't know about anyone else. ;) :D

triplet said:
Oh, he's saying that their relative hotness is unequal....

I'm guessing he's supposing that Clark is a higher number (like a 9 or a 10) whereas Chloe is lower so they will never get together.

Well, I think Clark is a 10, I don't know about anyone else. ;) :D

Hi Triplet! How ya been? Havent seen you in these parts for a long time. :)

That was me that asked that question not Serene, and thanks for the explanation.

Clark is definitely a 10 in my book too, but I guess everybody already knows my opinions on that one. ;)

Kaboom said:

I loved that "House", and that scene was quite funny, and true in alot of cases.

But it was all in his head.:O

avidreader said:
Hi Triplet! How ya been? Havent seen you in these parts for a long time.

I'm nursing a cold on top of everything else.. I really got to find a different job. The hours are slowly killing me... :(

avidreader said:
That was me that asked that question not Serene, and thanks for the explanation.

I'm posting challenged today, I guess.... ;) :D

avidreader said:
Clark is definitely a 10 in my book too, but I guess everybody already knows my opinions on that one.

:D :up:

He's definitely a ten in my book. ;)

I guess I might be considered a Clois shipper--though I've honestly only shipped once in my life, and it wasn't for SV. So I'm not going to be breaking out the Clois pom poms in this thread or anything. :)

I look forward to Clark *not* having a romantic relationship with anyone in Season Six. So I guess I should kindly bow out of this thread before anyone throws tomatoes at me.

triplet said:
I'm nursing a cold on top of everything else.. I really got to find a different job. The hours are slowly killing me... :(

That's no good. :( Can you PM me and tell me how you went with that other stuff. I've been thinking about you.

TKodami said:
I look forward to Clark *not* having a romantic relationship with anyone in Season Six. So I guess I should kindly bow out of this thread before anyone throws tomatoes at me.

This isnt a shipper thread. Its just a place to discuss the various relationships on Smallville and what impact they have on the story and how the individual characters deal with such relationships.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"