The Smallville Relationships Thread

Brainiac 8 said:
I loved that "House", and that scene was quite funny, and true in alot of cases.

But it was all in his head.:O

That was an excellent episode. :up:

BaK - Love the comic panel. But you know.. I've always leaned towards the idea of Lana being more in love with Clark Kent, and Lois being more in love with Superman. That's just my preferred way of thinking about it though. :O

Trip and Avid - Are you guys nut? Clark isn't a 10, he's off the scale. ;)

Shipper thread, Relationships thread... whatever. We have threads for everything else, why not this? I *think* that we're able to discuss things and listen to different viewpoints without arguing, so why not?

Serene said:
Trip and Avid - Are you guys nut? Clark isn't a 10, he's off the scale. ;)

You're right. How could I have been so stupid?

Shipper thread, Relationships thread... whatever. We have threads for everything else, why not this? I *think* that we're able to discuss things and listen to different viewpoints without arguing, so why not?

Thanks. I feel like I've committed some sort of crime by opening up this thread.

Relationships are a very important aspect of Smallville and I think each and every one of them are extremely entertaining.

I have to stop watching Vessel though, because every time I watch it I get a little more upset with Lana when she says to Clark she doesnt know how she could have ever loved him.

Say it Lana.

YOU LOVE HIM, YOU LOVE HIM.

Your only with Lex because you know it upsets Clark.

Serene said:
\Trip and Avid - Are you guys nut? Clark isn't a 10, he's off the scale. ;)

Silly me... :D

:O

avidreader said:
This isnt a shipper thread. Its just a place to discuss the various relationships on Smallville and what impact they have on the story and how the individual characters deal with such relationships.

Oh heck, what am I saying? Bring on the tomatoes! :D

I'm in agreement with most people here--I'd rather not see Clark become romantically involved with Chloe, because that would take the shine out of one really great friendship on the show. If something happens to Chloe (we all saw what happened at the end of Vessel), I would rather have Clark be the supportive friend for her.

I think that what I'm most looking forward to (in S6? S7?) is Lana and Clark's reconciliation. Not them having another go at a relationship--but having them develop a sweet and touching friendship.

TKodami said:
I think that what I'm most looking forward to (in S6? S7?) is Lana and Clark's reconciliation. Not them having another go at a relationship--but having them develop a sweet and touching friendship.

I agree! I think that this is going to be one heck of a story arc for both of them.

Its going to be a more gradual and steady relationship as opposed to the high school crush/friendship that they had with each other.

When you think about it that's what is going to set the foundation for the life long friendship that they both have.

And I'm with you in that I love seeing the friendship that Chloe and Clark have, if it becomes anything more then it can only end badly.

This year we've seen Clark make a variety of different choices none of which have ended favourably. I would like to see him next year concentrating on thinking things through more clearly and making the right choices and he needs to do that without girlfriend.

avidreader said:
Say it Lana.

YOU LOVE HIM, YOU LOVE HIM.

Your only with Lex because you know it upsets Clark.

I don't know that I agree with that. I think she's honestly giving a relationship with Lex a shot. He's emphasized to her over and over again that would never lie to her, and coming off of her tumultuous (at best) history with Clark, that has to seem like a breath of fresh air. I do think that there has to be an element of rebound to be factored in as well though. It's just reeeally soon to be getting that involved with someone else. Then again, it's not like they just met, they've been friends and business partners for years.

Of course, she's in for a rude awakening... then again, if we ever do see Lex again, will he be able to blame his posession by Zod for any evil-doings that are going to come to pass? I guess that's a pretty damn good excuse! LOL..

"I swear, it's not my fault.. I was posessed by ZOD!" :D

Serene said:
TI've always leaned towards the idea of Lana being more in love with Clark Kent, and Lois being more in love with Superman.
It's a great angle for exploring the "neverending debate" who he is, Clark or Supes..

I mean, to have two girls "orbiting" around his two "personalities"..

Too bad it was never "scratched" deeper then it could have been, or should have been, and if only supes comic book writers were "allowed to" - or "had it in them" whatever it takes to write it the way that is more "adult" or as it is being written on Smallville (up to a point too of course)..

avidreader said:
This year we've seen Clark make a variety of different choices none of which have ended favourably. I would like to see him next year concentrating on thinking things through more clearly and making the right choices and he needs to do that without girlfriend.

Here here! I'd love to see Clark become more self-sufficient emotionally next season. Not only would that (probably) mean less angst, but it would also allow the writers time to explore Clark's other journeys. Like his relationship with Jor-el (and/or Lionel)? Or maybe even towards journalism?

Serene said:
I don't know that I agree with that. I think she's honestly giving a relationship with Lex a shot. He's emphasized to her over and over again that would never lie to her, and coming off of her tumultuous (at best) history with Clark, that has to seem like a breath of fresh air. I do think that there has to be an element of rebound to be factored in as well though. It's just reeeally soon to be getting that involved with someone else. Then again, it's not like they just met, they've been friends and business partners for years.

Well I was kind of joking. ;)

I agree she does have feelings for Lex (barf) but I also think that she's still in love with Clark but is so angry with him at the moment that every time she sees him she just wants to lash out at him and hurt him as hard as she can.

And I do think that deep down she knows that her relationship with Lex would make Clark angry, jealous and a million other mixed emotions. Why else would she tell Chloe not to tell Clark and want to tell Clark on her own terms? She wanted to lay it on him when it would have the most impact.

I also dont like the way Lana jumped into the relationship so soon after her relationship ended with Clark. Everybody knows you wont have a healthy relationship when you are so soon on the rebound.

I hope Lex and Lana only last a few episodes into next season and that Lana realises that she doesnt need a man in her life to make her complete. She'll never get over her feelings of loneliness unless she makes a stand on her own two feet.

Of course, she's in for a rude awakening... then again, if we ever do see Lex again, will he be able to blame his posession by Zod for any evil-doings that are going to come to pass? I guess that's a pretty damn good excuse! LOL..

"I swear, it's not my fault.. I was posessed by ZOD!" :D

I think they are going to make Lana fall really hard, only so she can see that Clark has been right all this time.

As for Lex, well Gough said his possession wont be without repercussions and as Lionel said in the hospital its easy to see why Fine chose Lex as the Vessel. He's ruthless, wants power regardless of the cost.

Lex was acting very dark even before he was possessed by Zod. There's no reason why he should forget all that.

Tkodami said:
Here here! I'd love to see Clark become more self-sufficient emotionally next season. Not only would that (probably) mean less angst, but it would also allow the writers time to explore Clark's other journeys. Like his relationship with Jor-el (and/or Lionel)? Or maybe even towards journalism?

He needs time to put everything into perspective and he cant do that whilst he's involved in a relationship.

After he's resolved all this business with Zod and Fine, I would hope that over the summer months he either puts himself in Solitude up at the Fortress or does a little bit of travelling of the world.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Clark in another, romantic relationship, next season> Preferably one where he feels,he can be open and honest and where he finally knows what it feels like to be in a happy one. I just want to see Clark happy for a change instead of moppy around .:O At least before SV ends.

Chloe is his best friend so.. that wouldn't work out because he doesn't have any romantic feelings towards her.

and although his relationship with Lana is hopefully over with, I hope they can become good friends.

and Lois well, it is too soon for their relationship to develope into anything other than friendship.

Soo,, IF they bring in someone new for Clark, I hope it is.. Lori Lemaris, yes, I said her name. Lori Lemaris.. It was a serious relationship and she WAS his collage sweetheart. I think she would be perfect since she would already know whom Clark is and she would also be different just like him. Soo that would give her something to have in common with Clark.

Okay, so when a TV station starts to promote a plot angle, you know there must be some popularity to it....
http://wb11.trb.com/entertainment/n...-pg,0,2078180.photogallery?coll=wpix-home-nav

WPIX New York isn't a "tiny" station either.

Close your eyes, Serene...

vessel9.jpg

^ I spent some time on this one gang. Go easy on me! :mad: :p :D

<- Would trade places with Chloe in a cocaine heartbeat. :(

AgentPat said:
Okay, so when a TV station starts to promote a plot angle, you know there must be some popularity to it....
http://wb11.trb.com/entertainment/n...-pg,0,2078180.photogallery?coll=wpix-home-nav

WPIX New York isn't a "tiny" station either.

You know that's a follow-up on a Best Moments of Clark and Lana that was on the affiliate stations websites not too long ago too? Hey.. maybe they'll do a Clark and Lois one next.

^ I spent some time on this one gang. Go easy on me! :mad: :p :D

Beautiful colors, Pat. :up:

<- Would trade places with Chloe in a cocaine heartbeat. :(

Half a cocaine heartbeat, actually.. On this we do agree. :)

I decided that Lois needed some representing in this thread. :)
There aren't a lot of good Lois/Clark shots to be found, but I did like this particular scene a lot.

commencementwcopy9fb.jpg

(but don't worry, my stripes haven't changed.. I'm also posting a new Lana one) :p

I just need to reiterate the point that KK is the luckiest woman in the ENTIRE world. (besides JW, that is. ;)).

thirst1copy4nk.jpg

Serene said:
I just need to reiterate the point that KK is the luckiest woman in the ENTIRE world. (besides JW, that is. ;)).

thirst1copy4nk.jpg
That's a beauty. Love it! :)

I hope Lana gets over Lex real quick, so her and Clark can go back to being friends.

I mean its an interesting story to pursue, and I have no doubt that Lana will come out the better for it, but I just cringe when I see this sweet girl mixing with this future villain.

And I dont like seeing her spit at Clark. :( Cant she be angry with him without being spiteful?

Serene said:
That's HOT! :up: :D

I just came back from perusing DeKnight's blog. The ships are still going strong in that S6 premiere question thread. Jeeez! :rolleyes:

AgentPat said:
That's HOT! :up: :D

I just came back from perusing DeKnight's blog. The ships are still going strong in that S6 premiere question thread. Jeeez! :rolleyes:

I can't believe all that ship nonsense in SDK's premiere thread. Honestly, the first two things on my mind: "flight, damnit" and "Kneel before Zod!" :D

Do these people expect the writers to create new relationships out of whole cloth in one episode? Isn't one of the reasons why we like Smallville because the show takes time to show the evolution of the characters emotions towards each other, not just cramming their sticky little bodies next to each other at the fans' whims? Just thinking out loud...

Yikes...

The comments in the blog are a mess... he's not really getting what he asked for, is he?

*sigh*

Poor Steven.

i msged him my comment. it seemed to have worked. after he read it, he sent me an "add friends" request. so if MM and the destruction of krypton shopw up in the season priemere you have this guy to thank.

<~~~brushing his shoulders off

Kaboom said:
i msged him my comment. it seemed to have worked. after he read it, he sent me an "add friends" request. so if MM and the destruction of krypton shopw up in the season priemere you have this guy to thank.

<~~~brushing his shoulders off
Great suggestions, Kaboom. :up:

Even if he doesn't show up in the premiere, I'll still thank ya if MM shows up later in Season 6. :D

Gah.. I have Mortal on.
I admit it, I'm a total Clana-loving schmoop. That loft scene just made me cry.. especially in light of where things stand now between them.

:(

The ending may just kill me.

Serene said:
Gah.. I have Mortal on.
I admit it, I'm a total Clana-loving schmoop. That loft scene just made me cry.. especially in light of where things stand now between them.

Gosh damn it! I'm feeling the pain already and I'm not watching it yet. :(

How can something that started so beautifully at the beginning of the season end the way that it did?

Its actually really good story writing. :up:

Bring on Season 6 to sort out this disaster.

Serene said:
Gah.. I have Mortal on.

The Clana was amazing in Mortal, and that's coming from, uh, someone who's not Clana's biggest fan during S3 and S4. I love their little scene on the hill during the first few minutes of the show, when they're going back to the Kent Farm. Its so angst-free and sweet. :up:

And now I'm afraid to go back and watch Mortal again, because I know I'll just be that more angry at her in Vessel. :mad:

Edit: Reading avid's post, I do have to agree with her. Making us this sad/angry at Lana's actions in Vessel does mean the writers have a great grasp of character conflict. It's just painful when you have to wait so long to get to the emotional payoff. :(

Okay.. since trip and I have been talking about this in IMs and I'm too lazy to try and regroup my thoughts and type them out again, I'll just repost a transcript of sorts here - with trip's permission, of course. :)

But first I want to say that this is just MHO! I understand that we all see things from different perspectives. So..while I'm okay with some discussion about it, I'm really not interested in arguing with anyone about things. Wuss? Probably.. or just weary and disinclined to be in defense mode - whether it's about my show in general, Tom, or Lana...

rene: I dunno.. I've given up thinking that the writers will have Lana make sense. It's funny.. but I see people who hate Lana *****ing about how Al and Miles "worship" her.. but the Lana fans all say that Al and Miles must hate her because of how ****ed up they've made her character.. all they do is torture her. I'm just trying to take it all in stride... Unless they start with Chlark.. in which case, I don't know what I'd do.

triplet: But they torture clark relentlessly, you can't have drama without pain for the characters... the stakes have to be heightened for them. I think Lexana is a good thing for her character in the long run. It's forced her to choose between Clark and Lex and her choice of Lex will have a lot of consequences for her in the sixth season... It'll make for great tv.

rene: But in making her choose Lex, they've set her up against Clark - which is unforgivable in the eyes of most fans. That's what's so annoying.. her "choice" of Lex in light of Clark pushing her away and continuing to refuse to share with her (even though she's in more danger now than ever) makes sense to me. Why wouldn't she choose Lex.. Clark doesn't want her anymore - or so he very clearly told her. Lex tells her the truth - or so she thinks. But still, her choice makes her the bad guy.. It breaks my heart - so many people already hated her, now it's even worse.

triplet
: I don't hate Lana, I can even understand why she snapped at Clark in Vessel the way she did.. he's not explaining himself and lying and that translates to not being worthy of her love to her...

rene: I think it's just years of frustration finally bubbling over. She's had it with him.. and then she overhears him saying he's going to MURDER someone.. and he still refuses to explain to her. The world was about to ****ing END.. and still he just looks at her when she practically begs him to tell her what's going on. She has a right to ask after all this time. From the beginning of the season until Hypnotic, she was giving him space and not pushing him on sharing his secrets.. she even said she was willing to wait as long as it takes in Hypnotic.. But then he kicks her in the teeth! So, I totally get her anger and frustration.. and even her saying that she "doesn't know how she could have ever loved him.." She doesn't know who he is anymore.. he says he's going to kill someone.. but won't explain..

triplet: Exactly... I would probably have felt the same way in her shoes. He KNEW that Lex would be changed and how and yet wouldn't explain how he knew... He could have said something that wouldn't have revealed his secret, anything, and yet he didn't... he's seen the results of her knowing in Reckoning so I can understand his hesitation, yet he still didn't see how much worse things are for her not knowing than they were when she did know...
triplet: His lies have gotten to be too much and I don't blame her at all for being done dealing with it.

rene: I just dont know what people expect? For her to just drop it? She did.. for a long time, but he still broke up with her because the secret is too big to try and ignore in a relationship. So dropping it didn't work.. and asking about it doesn't work..Again, I don't know what people expect of her. I think Clark was wrong in his not saying anything to her, and she was overboard in what she said to him.. but I can see why both are doing what they are doing.
triplet: Yeah.. me too...

Adding:
I'm frustrated not just about Lana.. but also about Clark. His reasoning of not telling Lana because it puts her in danger just doesn't hold water anymore. She's in more danger now than ever now (c'mon..she's with ZOD). I think it just makes him look bad now, and I don't like thinking that he looks bad. He too smart for that.. or he should be. I want him to tell her the truth even more than I want them to be a couple anymore.

^ Good post. This was a nice summation for the other POV, which I admit I don't always see...

Serene said:
I think it's just years of frustration finally bubbling over. She's had it with him.. and then she overhears him saying he's going to MURDER someone.. and he still refuses to explain to her. The world was about to ****ing END.. and still he just looks at her when she practically begs him to tell her what's going on. She has a right to ask after all this time. From the beginning of the season until Hypnotic, she was giving him space and not pushing him on sharing his secrets.. she even said she was willing to wait as long as it takes in Hypnotic.. But then he kicks her in the teeth! So, I totally get her anger and frustration.. and even her saying that she "doesn't know how she could have ever loved him.." She doesn't know who he is anymore.. he says he's going to kill someone.. but won't explain..

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"