The Smallville Relationships Thread

avidreader said:
I loved Blank too. Actually Unsafe is on HDNet right now, and I just saw the scene between Chloe and Lana at the Torch and Chloe says make sure that your first time is with someone you want to remember. So beautiful that Lana held off until she could do it with someone that she will remember for a long long time. :( :)
Y'know, in the original script, they cut a line from that scene. Lana tells Chloe that she always imagined Clark would be the first. Why did they cut it? I dunno, but the writers may have been wary of painting themselves into a corner, because if in subsequent episodes, Lana's first was Jason (or anybody else), the fans would have been livid. Not that they aren't already, but you know what I mean. LOL

Okay to Blank, in the school hall Clark clearly states to Lana that he loves her and doesn't understand why things never worked out between them, and this time he wants things to be different. They give each other their lovers' eyes stare and Lana says we shouldn't discuss this now.

Later on Lana, after his memory has been retrieved, visits Clark at the farm and she's all nervous and anxious, in my opinion she was thinking that Clark was going to tell her "everything". Does this mean that Lana was going to take advantage of Clark in his vulnerable amnesia state, knowing that in his normal state he wouldn't divulge his secret to her?
Ah, gotcha. Interesting. But if Lana knew that Clark's memory was completely wiped (she did, I believe), then why would she think he'd remember anything secretive - and THEN chose to tell her? But I see your point. I just never interpreted it that way. I was more bent (conceptually) over Clark's bug-eye reaction to the first time he sees Lana, and then his subsequent fawning over her, even AFTER Chloe tells him they had broken up.

Lana tells Clark in the hallway that HE broke up with HER, yet he still pines later? :confused: She could have been a nutcase for all he knew (of course she's not - I'm just saying), which led him to break up with her. To me, that whole scene - while beautiful to watch in a very romantic way - just made Clark seem shallow to me. To this day, I'm still trying to figure out why Clark is so madly in love with Lana beyond the physical.

But we've been down this argu.... err... discussion before. LOL No need to rehash it, especially tonight.

Ah hell, it's almost midnight. I gotta crash. Catch'yas all tomorrow.

AgentPat said:
Y'know, in the original script, they cut a line from that scene. Lana tells Chloe that she always imagined Clark would be the first. Why did they cut it? I dunno, but the writers may have been wary of painting themselves into a corner, because if in subsequent episodes, Lana's first was Jason (or anybody else), the fans would have been livid. Not that they aren't already, but you know what I mean. LOL

Is that right? I actually think that line would have been out of place in that scene. Lana and Clark hadnt been in a relationship for a year and a half and Lana appeared to be very involved with Jason and completely over Clark. So for her to be thinking something like that at that stage of the game would have seemed like a forced line.

Ah, gotcha. Interesting. But if Lana knew that Clark's memory was completely wiped (she did, I believe), then why would she think he'd remember anything secretive - and THEN chose to tell her?

Well I think she thinks that his secret his physical. I dont believe she's put all the alien stuff into place yet.

But I see your point. I just never interpreted it that way.

I'm sure there wasnt any malicious intent on Lana's part it just showed me that she's very desperate to know what he's keeping from her and would perhaps go to such lengths to find out. Were we seeing a little bit of her dark side.

I was more bent (conceptually) over Clark's bug-eye reaction to the first time he sees Lana, and then his subsequent fawning over her, even AFTER Chloe tells him they had broken up.

He loves Lana.

Lana tells Clark in the hallway that HE broke up with HER, yet he still pines later? :confused: She could have been a nutcase for all he knew (of course she's not - I'm just saying), which led him to break up with her.

Well he realised that they broke up because of him, and maybe he quickly put two and two together, that it was as a consequence of his powers. If you recall he said to Chloe at the Talon shortly before that "how can anyone get to know me if they dont know the real me".

To me, that whole scene - while beautiful to watch in a very romantic way - just made Clark seem shallow to me. To this day, I'm still trying to figure out why Clark is so madly in love with Lana beyond the physical.

Can anyone truly answer why they love someone? When you love someone isnt unconditional. You take all the bad with the good. I'm sure his feelings for her go back to their childhood, when he admired her from afar, later on she became the heart of humanity to him, and I also believe that there is some underlying connection between them.

But we've been down this argu.... err... discussion before. LOL No need to rehash it, especially tonight.

Ah hell, it's almost midnight. I gotta crash. Catch'yas all tomorrow.

Gosh, I probably hit the sack before you did.

Should Clark Kent, Lois Lane, Superman be considered a "threesome" ?

ok, technically no.. :o

But how about Zod, Lana, Lex.. ? :)

no again.. :O

Is there some sort of continuity going on or what ? :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"