Clash of the Titans stealing Thors Thunder..Nay I say...but it could be a gauge

After seeing the trailer I feel the acting in that movie is going to be simply.....bad. We shouldn't worry about it. We have a bunch of people with class working on and in our beloved and long overdue Thor movie.

i saw the movie and the only thing i liked were the scenes with the gods. they looked cool and they just seemed powerful. thor is full of gods so i hope clash will make more non thor fans want to see more gods. or at least want some more mythology even if its not completely accurate norse mythology its still very interesting.

After seeing CotT, I honestly dont think it will have a bearing on Thor whatsover. Sure there are God's in it, and Zues of them even wields lightning as a weapon but the whole Thor/Clash of the Titans thing is like apples and oranges. The God's in CofT arent even seen that much, and are seen using their powers even less [with the exception of Hades], then there's the difference in tone and approach to factor in, not to mention the world of difference in terms of the filmakers' calibre.

I mean, c'mon, does anyone think that CofT left that much of a lasting impression on moviegoers that it would hamper a movie coming out over a year later?

I know I dont.

i was only referring to a positive effect clash might have. as far as hampering thor, nothing would keep movie goers from seeing thor. there are so few mythology based movies out there, any that comes along draws a crowd.

There's a lot more in recent days, it seems. Percy Jackson, Clash of the Titans, and eventually (in a tangential way, at least) Thor. Anyone know if any other mythology-based movies are coming out in the next year before Thor comes out?

I have not seen COTT for some odd reason but it looks good. As far as COTT stealing Thor's thunder goes.....

:facepalm:

I haven't seen Clash of the Titans either. It looked boring to me. I now watch so many action movies because all the big comic adaptations are action movies that I seem to have lost interest in "normal" action movies.

People barely remember that movie now. By May 2011 it'll be a distant memory.

i saw the bootleg clash, i liked the scenes with the gods, the stuff with perseus was boring. worthington's accent was all over the place.

People barely remember that movie now. By May 2011 it'll be a distant memory.

Bingo.

I saw it out of devotion to the original, and while I thought it was fun for the most part [certainly anything god related, anyways), it was nothing more to me, to be honest.

I guess I'd describe it was very 'in one end and out the other' - the kind of movie that you've largely forgotten about as soon as you exit the cinema and walk towards your car.

I certainly expect Thor to leave a better lasting impression (!!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"