Comic Con Trailer Description

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be willing to bet those scenes were a mandate from the studio, aka Tom "I Eat Kittens With Mustard And They Are Crunchy And Delicious" Rothman.

You do have a point there. Anyway, getting back on topic, I'm still trying to find out the rock music from the footage. Could be from Groove Addicts or some other trailer music company.

Trailer was meh to me. Some of the acting was pretty poor, heard Hemsworth's accent coming through, Natalie Portman's character is REALLY giving off that cookie cutter damsel in distress love interest vibe, and some pretty cheesy dialogue. All the action looked pretty top notch though. But considering this is stuff that is not meant to be seen by the public I am gonna give them the benefit of the doubt and reserve judgment until the official trailer hits the internet.

Last edited:
heard Hemsworth's accent coming through
Yeah he's clearly not making any attempt to hide it, but consider that Anthony Hopkins and Loki aren't either. Clearly Asgard doesn't speak with an American accent, so you'll have to deal with them sounding British/Australian.

Well, some Asgardians might have American accents. Jaimie Alexander, Rene Russo, and Josh Dallas are all American, although none of them had many lines in the CCI footage. Not sure whether they'll try to fake British accents or use their native accents...

Just watched the trailer for the umpteenth time.

I've got a good feeling about the movie but I really hope to see Thor exhibiting his godly powers, e.g. calling down the thunder, the trademark whirling of Mjolnir by the strap at Mach 10 before throwing it as he so often does in the books.

Well, they squeezed a hammer throw in toward the end. I'm sure he'll do other godly stuff; they probably didn't have time to put those effects in for the sizzle reel.

Yeah, I caught the throw near the end and thought it a little tame by comic book standards. I guess I'm just anxious to see some ridiculous supernatural velocity behind it. That said, I really dug the leaping/screaming hammer strike during what must be his face-off with Loki.

And speaking of all things Thor-related, I just caught a commercial for a made for SyFy movie called "Frost Giant." No doubt it's just another goofy SyFy original but apparently the monster is based on the giants of Norse myth.

I don't have any problems with Hemsworth's accent coming through. It helps sell that he's from a different realm.

The mysterious and magical realm called "Australia." ;)

Yeah, I caught the throw near the end and thought it a little tame by comic book standards. I guess I'm just anxious to see some ridiculous supernatural velocity behind it. That said, I really dug the leaping/screaming hammer strike during what must be his face-off with Loki.

And speaking of all things Thor-related, I just caught a commercial for a made for SyFy movie called "Frost Giant." No doubt it's just another goofy SyFy original but apparently the monster is based on the giants of Norse myth.
Yeah, Sci Fi's done some Norse movies. The best one I saw was Dark Kingdom: The Dragon King, which is an adaptation of the Nibelung saga from Germanic mythology. It had Kristanna Loken in it. And there was another one called Thor: Hammer of the Gods that had the oldest kid from Home Improvement in it. :D

Last edited:

Damn Gonna Have to keep an eye out for that now too.
I finally got to see the SCI-Fi Thor:Hammer of the gods, and it WAS pretty bad. I don't have cable so I have to wait for friends to tape the stuff for me.

Last edited:
Just seen the Comic Con trailer.

It is okay, nothing spectacular to sell me the film.

Yeah he's clearly not making any attempt to hide it, but consider that Anthony Hopkins and Loki aren't either. Clearly Asgard doesn't speak with an American accent, so you'll have to deal with them sounding British/Australian.

As an English person, I can safely say he sounded more English than Australian, only when he said 'Earth' did I hear a bit of his accent coming through but even then it wasnt much, his english accent was actually pretty good.

I thought so too, but I'm usually a pretty terrible judge of accents. He sounds like he fits with Hopkins, at least, which is the most important thing to me.

As an English person, I can safely say he sounded more English than Australian, only when he said 'Earth' did I hear a bit of his accent coming through but even then it wasnt much, his english accent was actually pretty good.

You guys are the default vocal inflection whenever we need someone who is otherworldly or a villain. Everyone knows that. Though I always read Ultimate Thor as having a cliche flat American accent, even when he becomes the "real deal" in the later book.

I'm just glad Hemsworth's voice is so deep. It seems like they always cast really nasal, whiny-sounding voice actors for Thor in the various cartoons and games and such he's appeared in.

I'm just glad Hemsworth's voice is so deep. It seems like they always cast really nasal, whiny-sounding voice actors for Thor in the various cartoons and games and such he's appeared in.

john rhys-davies was a good thor

I caught that "Earth" thing too. I used to date an Australian girl so my ears pick that up.

I was wondering if it's possible his accent will be different while on Earth and without his powers. Maybe that would cause him to talk different?

Just found the trailer on the web! have to say it was cool!! Took some digging to find it but I did and it's not a boot leg. The Destroyer was awsome!!

i just hope its not as bad as worthington in clash of the titans, his accent was all over the place.

Checked out the ComiCon footage last night, wow was I impressed and the quality was pretty good. I was already looking forward to seeing this movie because lets face it, its a comic book movie i'm always going to be there! But now i'm officially excited, right now at this moment its my most anticipated movie of next year!!!

That was a BRITISH accent not an AUSSIE accent. I'm an aussie, and that is definitely a shakespearian style Aussie accent. I think he sounds like Sean Bean in LOTR as a comparison. I just hate it when people think they here some aussie accent when it's actually just a british dialect and they can't tell the difference between aussie and british.

On top of that, he has a more regal sound to his accent, which is a very UN Australian thing lol. There is no such thing as a regal australian accent. He sounds more Prince of Persia than he does Buckeroo Bonzai

Pretty great trailer,I hope it won't disappoint
anyway I'm new to these forums,hi everyone!

When they cut the 2 minute trailer they have to make the basic plot and Thor's motivations more obvious. The 5 minute trailer is visually exciting but the premise looks a mess as it is. Directors and writers should assume the audience is smart, marketers should assume the audience is stupid.

I can't wait to see the bigger more finished special effects in the trailer. Because that will peak the GA's interest. If it looks epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"