Comic Con Trailer Description

Discussion in 'Thor' started by protocida, Jul 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roach I am the night

I agree with this. Superman should inspire us to greatness. The movie should be the ultimate showing of heroism. The flying scenes should blow away anything we have ever seen.

2. Vartha Mod of Thunder

I'm not saying make Supes "grim". It was just the stories that bored me.
    The recent one that started in the Free Comic book day looked promising. I just can't afford more books with Thor having multiple appearances and books.

Also, years ago even as a kid the color pallet DC used was just to Bland to me as a kid. That always stuck with me for some reason. Seemed like DC's color pallet changed around the time the New Teen Titans was being done by Perez.

3. roach I am the night

the best Superman stories I have read were the whole death and return epic...and the one where he goes up against a Authority-like team of super humans and proves why he is the best

4. Vartha Mod of Thunder

hahaha now THIS is fun Supes. I hadn't even seen this Herc preview. hahah Ironic Corpy lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Compi716 The SHH! Jew

^Hahahahaha, that's brilliant!

6. Surfer Sentinel of the Spaceways

He will be raised by beings called RED NECKS. That is hilarious.

Surfer

7. truth Registered

So when does the trailer get officially released so it can be openly discussed?

8. Surfer Sentinel of the Spaceways

Hey does anyone else notice that in the 1st scene they use the word Galactus and in the explosion of the black hole it appears to be a screaming image of what looks somewhat like Marvel Comics Galactus. Was this comic from a Marvel DC cross over, or is it just something the artist kind of hid in the artwork for fans to get a kick out of it.

Surfer

The Thor trailer has already hit the web, despite it not being officially released. You are able to discuss the Thor trailer on the forum freely, but you are not able to request links or for people to send you the trailer itself, as that would surely get you banned.

Surfer

#958 Surfer, Aug 5, 2010
    Last edited by moderator Morg: Aug 5, 2010
  9. Vartha Mod of Thunder

Well the reason the pages are from Marvel's Hercules: Twilight of a God. It's a story of Herc that's set in the Future that Bob Layton started YEARS ago. Basically Galactus exploded creating out universe (in those top panels is past events) well in the main story the Big G is becoming a Black hole.

10. Vartha Mod of Thunder

Actually the soonest we'll see the Footage from both Thor and Cap that was at SDCC is when IM2 comes out in stores. We've heard the footage will be an easter egg on the Special blu-ray but no word if it'll be on the special DVD.
    You can TALK about the content of the footage you CAN'T post links to it or pics of it. Also the AUDIO is fine to post for some reason.

11. RockSP MYTH SMITH ˆž∞!!!

That page is from a Marvel comic. No actual DC characters are in it. It was supposed to be funny.

12. Surfer Sentinel of the Spaceways

Hercules huh! I thought it looked like a rendition of Superman, but I can see where Marvel is obviously poking fun at Superman by having the baby collide with the space craft. Now that is pretty funny stuff.

Surfer

13. Squidboy Registered

I just saw the trailer and thought it was pretty amazing. Obviously it was just a five minute representation of the movie and it's supposed to draw the viewers in with shiny toys and big explosions, but if Branagh put half as much attention to detail to the film as he did to the costumes or the rendition of Asgard, then we should be in for one hell of a movie. Plus Agent Caulson in the movie is the best possible way to bridge this character to the rest of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and the reference to Stark at the end had me laughing.

14. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Ha, yeah, I don't know why people are so upset about Coulson/SHIELD being in it. I rather like Coulson. I kind of want him to be introduced in the comics now. :)

15. Squidboy Registered

Give it time, and I'm sure he'll get the star treatment. And I think having SHIELD here makes the most sense, considering their involvement in Iron Man, and the fact that they're trying to rally up the troops to link all these movies together. I'll put my foot down about it if Coulson's grandpa shows up in Captain America, but he's acting as a good ambassador for the Avengers characters.

16. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

I like that they created a new character for the movies rather than importing an established one from the comics. Coulson is free to represent the SHIELD of the movies without any comparisons to how he "should" be because of his comic appearances, unlike the Contessa or Dum-Dum or Clay Quartermain. If they ever make a SHIELD movie, I'd hope they bring those characters in, but for the other heroes' movies, a fresh character who'll be known specifically for this works better. :up:

17. misjuevos WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

i just like how coulson evolved in just iron man 1. when you first meet him you think he is just some dorky guy trying to setup a meeting with stark. then you see him use some cool gadget and turn from the dorky guy to the guy in charge and unafraid, a real agent of shield. that was just in iron man 1, cant wait to see how he develops in the thor and avengers.

18. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Heh, I never really saw him as anything other than just some dude. At first he seemed to be some kind of pencil-pusher, but then you realize he's with SHIELD and you're like, "Oh, so he's a SHIELD pencil-pusher," and then he whips out a gun and tries to protect Pepper and you're like, "Oh, so he's an actual SHIELD agent," but he still remains pretty normal. I like that they're not going overboard with the tech and stuff.

SHIELD is still, for all intents and purposes, just another alphabet intelligence agency that happens to be concerned with superheroes in the movies. That's a nice, grounded approach that works well for the film universe they've established so far. Hopefully, we might start seeing them adapt sci fi tech and other stuff as they go along--sort of like Stargate SG-1, which started off with the teams using normal weapons and slowly built their arsenal over the seasons until, by the end, they had Earth-built starships that could stand toe-to-toe with alien ships.

19. scifiwolf Registered

If Coulson continues to grow in popularity among fans, do you all think he will be adapted into the comics?

20. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Possibly. He appeared in an online comic Marvel put out, but that was set in the movie universe. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Coulson make the jump over to the main comics, though. I like him. It was the taser comment in IM 2 that won me over. :D

21. RockSP MYTH SMITH ˆž∞!!!

Part of Sam Jackson's deal was a franchiise of his own, so I assume that means SHIELD. Nick Fury by himself wouldn't be too interesting.

22. KangConquers Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Feige seemed to state that was a big sign on thing for everyone involved...that there'd be solo films.

23. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

They should get Matt Damon to put on like 30 lbs. and cast him as Dum-Dum. :D

24. roach I am the night

I thought they already cast Dum Dum

25. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.