Community - Part 4

Community and Parks And Rec seem like pretty cheap shows. They are mostly studio based and none of the cast are probably high earners.

It might depend on who they replace Chevy with.

I don't see why they need to replace Chevy. Pierce graduated and isn't coming back to Greendale.

Honestly, no Pierce will probably just mean more Chang. I would really like an episode with them auditioning new people to round out the study group, preferably like Garrett and Magnitude. Although, Leonard would be a good Pierce replacement.

I guess that Adam West thing was just a rumor then? too bad.

I'm conflicted about about season five. I'm happy It got renewed, but season four was just not the same level of quality as the others.If Harmon came back however, that would be awesome.

Surprised that the show is getting renewed, but despite the the problems with Season 4 and the very weak finale I'm glad it's coming back. It'll give them another chance to improve the series and end it on a higher note if S5 is to be its last. Because the season finale was pretty bad.

The fact that the show only got picked up for 13 episodes leads me to believe that this will be the final season.

That's what everyone said last year.

Community and Parks & Rec are the safety net shows for NBC. Neither gets good ratings but they have a loyal fanbase in the demographic that appeals to advertisers. Community will remain on the air as long as NBC is struggling to survive.

Totally realized Britta showing off her boobs in Choke earlier today.

This season gets a passable grade from me...some bad episodes, some better ones. People have been a little too hard on it. It was good all things considered. You could feel the whole sans Harmon/Chase thing the whole time through which didn't do it any favors. As much as I want this show continue...it is hard for me to be super excited for another season unless Dan Harmon comes back. I was actually dreaming of an Arrested Development scenario where Netflix picked it up for another season and brought Harmon back on board.

Dang. I read Choke, went to see it in theaters, and have watched it again since. I knew about Britta, but not Coulson.

I knew Coulson was in it but not that he directed it. Cool

What the heck it got renewed?!

Really did not expect that, and I was all the happy for it after season 4. I just didn't care for it anymore. It just didn't surprise and charm me anymore. The only thing that could get me excited for season 5 is if Dan Harmon came back. That would be amazing and we got some kind of meta commentary that last year did not feel right and something was off.

This is my favorite show, and I kind of wished Sony did just cancel it after season 3, only for Netflix to pick it up like Arrested Development and bring everyone back years down the track.

That said, season 4 was hardly horrible, and there was some good episodes (Jim Rashs' one definitely) I thought it was just going to be a fizzle out end to the show.

Curious to see what happens I suppose. It's the best show ever (if done right).

I'm all for renewal if it means syndication.

I have yet to watch the Season 4 finale.

That right there tells you how 'excited' I am of Community being renewed. Don't get it twisted, I LOVE the show but S4 was somewhat of a letdown.

S4 definitely wasn't up to par. But there were some okay ones in there. I actually really enjoyed the finale as an episode (I always loved the whole dark timeline thing), but it didn't suit as an ending to the series as a whole. So I wouldn't mind if they can wrap it up a little better.

And to be honest, some of the major issues I had with the show started while Harmon was still there. Pierce transforming into the annoying evil old guy thing was one. I enjoyed it much more when he was just the crazy, slightly racist goofball old guy, instead of turning into the crazy old guy that wanted to ruin everyone's time. And making Brita an idiot. Those were always my biggest complaints.

But I won't lie, the 4th season just didn't have the flare it had under Harmon, so I do hope he comes back.

Dan Harmon was asked back to Community

I don't want to get carried away before it's official but...

Cheerleaders_freakout.gif

http://www.hollywookiee.com/2013/05/26/dan-harmon-asked-to-return-to-community/

Not sure why Dan would want to come back.

He should return and the first episode is about how last season was all a joke that abed had while playing with The Study Group action figures he custom made.

If they do bring him (Harmon) back, they should start the next season where the gang, minus Pierce is at a function, and they talk about how long its been since they caught up.Then the very end scene will be Jeff going up to make a speech and you see a portrait of pierce on a table next to Jeff , thats when the audience realises that they are at Pierce's memorial service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"