Community - Part 4

If they do bring him (Harmon) back, they should start the next season where the gang, minus Pierce is at a function, and they talk about how long its been since they caught up.Then the very end scene will be Jeff going up to make a speech and you see a portrait of pierce on a table next to Jeff , thats when the audience realises that they are at Pierce's memorial service.

I think that would be really nice actually.

Dan Harmon was asked back to Community

I don't want to get carried away before it's official but...

Cheerleaders_freakout.gif

tumblr_inline_mjwwfbvmQU1qz4rgp.gif

I'm definitely glad Harmon's back. But I will say, my two biggest disappointments with Community started under him: Making Britta an idiot and Pierce the cliche crazy old man villain.

Obviously they can't do anything about Pierce, but I really hope they can try to make Britta a bit less annoying.

Honestly I prefer Britta the idiot, she was always too self serious while the rest of the gang was having fun and it made her a wet blanket.

Never really viewed Britta as an idiot, just saw her as a poser.

I'd like to see Harmon come back just so it improves relations between him and NBC so he can develop more shows for them.

Didnt he get a new series picked up at another network already?

I'm definitely glad Harmon's back. But I will say, my two biggest disappointments with Community started under him: Making Britta an idiot and Pierce the cliche crazy old man villain.

Obviously they can't do anything about Pierce, but I really hope they can try to make Britta a bit less annoying.

Honestly, I hated how Harmon pretty much flanderized everyone by season 3. And as much as people like to paint Chevy as a completely irredeemable dick, he was absolutely right about how increasingly racist Pierce had become.

Even if Harmon comes back, this show will never be as good as it was in the first two seasons.

Harmon being back is a huge plus for season five. It's pretty funny that this news came out today because I actually just saw Harmon in a episode of arrested development this afternoon.

Making Britta the punching bag is one of the better things the show has done, I think. I love the fact that instead of making the character a more traditional love interest, which would have been the easy and cliched thing to do, they turned her into an uncomfortable goof. They relied far more on the comedic facets of her rather than the sexual elements that were more upfront early in the series.

I also think that making Pierce the 'villain' in season 2 was actually a great move. It allowed for some of the best episodes (DnD, hospital mockumentary). And I think Gillian Jacobs said it best when she said something like in season 1 the study group was able to channel all their negativity at Chang who was the obvious villain to the group, but in season 2 they didn't have that anymore and internalized their negativity to Pierce. Making Britta more of the butt of jokes definitely made her a more lovable character to me.

I think fans are in for a rude awakening with Harmon's return. This show's decline began under Harmon's regime when he Flanderized it. His return will not go as well as folks expect.

I think the most important thing to consider here is that after season 5, we only need one more season and a movie to be complete.

I think fans are in for a rude awakening with Harmon's return. This show's decline began under Harmon's regime when he Flanderized it. His return will not go as well as folks expect.

His Flanderization was still pretty funny. I'll take that gladly over what we got last season. :o

I loved season 1 - 3. I hated season 4. I don't think I'm in for a rude awakening at all. Or at least if Harmon returns and doesn't get the show back on track, I won't retroactively think they shouldn't have brought him back.

Harmon's coming back? Well then. I guess I'll start watching again.

Dan Harmon & Chris McKenna Eye Return To ‘Community’ For Final Installment
As we reported at the time of NBC’s 11th hour renewal of Community, there had been interest in bringing series creator Dan Harmon for what I hear is expected to be the final 13-episode season of the cult comedy. (It is not on NBC’s fall schedule). I have learned that both Harmon and key former Community writer-producer Chris McKenna have been approached about rejoining the show for its final chapter. Harmon is currently unattached while McKenna is under an overall deal at NBC sibling Universal TV. McKenna, who served as co-executive producer on the Sony TV-produced Community for its first three seasons, left last May to move to Uni TV. Creator/executive producer Dan Harmon was replaced as showrunner by David Guarascio and Moses Port a couple of weeks later. I hear Guarascio and Port had a one-year deal and were approached about coming back but opted to move on.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/dan...ye-return-to-community-for-final-installment/

Yet, Season 3 was still funnier than any other sitcom on television. I will take the step down over the drop off a cliff we just came through.

I'm probably one of the few who didn't really care when he left anyway.

Season 3 was definitely a step down from 1 and 2, but still a lot better than season 4. Streets ahead, you could say.

Well well well. I think it's great that the actors campaigned for his return, everything wasn't fine and dandy when he was showrunner but at least the show can return to being an entertaining show, lively, anything but not the hollow season 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"