The Dark Knight Comprehensive IMAX prologue descriptions

Jeez I kinda thought it was because you I got you into the campaign but yeah what ever! lol Love you babe.

Jeez I kinda thought it was because you I got youinto the campaign but yeah what ever! lol Love you babe.

that's most of it until i saw him in the new bat-suit. you should get one of those :O)

True story, I've spent a few sleepless nights seeing some of the viral stuff come to an end. All worth it, of course. :yay:

i must admit, i spent my first 6-hour day the day of the step right up campaign. who needs to study for finals when the joker is playing a new game?

i must admit, i spent my first 6-hour day the day of the step right up campaign. who needs to study for finals when the joker is playing a new game?

My thoughts exactly. I ended up almost turning a paper in late because of Rory and her silly letters :wow:.

The pumpkin was pretty cool tho...

i'm pretty sure my finals suffered this semester :( and it sucks because we haven't really gotten anything worth the effort

i'm pretty sure my finals suffered this semester :( and it sucks because we haven't really gotten anything worth the effort

Yeah, I kinda wish we'd all been really blown away just once by the "rewards" of a viral campaign. I think we've all been pretty wowed by the campaigns themselves; but the rewards lack a big enough payoff. I understand they don't wanna reveal too much (think about it, they've already revealed tons!), but I can't imagine those who scrambled around town looking for letters and cakes didn't feel a touch disappointed by the reward of "a prologue for a select few of you!" and a teaser poster.

can anyone draw a story board? it might be interesting if any one who have seen the IMAX prologue can draw a story board and post it here!
I'm not a bad artist but I'm not a professional concept/comic artist. Meaning, I'm good but I'm definitely NOT fast. My stuff only turns out good because I keep chipping away at it.

It might take a few weeks. And by that time plenty of you will have seen it and manipped a good portion of the scenes anyway...:oldrazz:

Note: someone PMed me a question about the Joker's characterization and I added my response to the second post of this thread.

well on the scale of one to awesome I'm pretty sure I'll rate it 'the ****' :D

Note: someone PMed me a question about the Joker's characterization and I added my response to the second post of this thread.
I've just read it, and i can't wait to see it. I do think the prologue could be misleading as to how The Joker acts throughout the film though, because of the way he's playing his "goons" off of eachother... he's very probably downplaying his own characteristics so that he blends in with them. Once none of them are left, you say that the transformation of his mannerisms and physical movements immediatly say "THAT'S THE JOKER" and having rid himself of the other goons... i would expect those few seconds show more of a realistic portrayal as to how Joker moves and acts throughout the movie, than before, as he's then free to be himself again.

Do we have any confirmation, one way or the other, as to whether the prologue will be part of the movie itself or if it's merely a stand alone.

Thank you gents,

DTM

Its the first 6-8 or however long it is, minutes of the film.

Do we have any confirmation, one way or the other, as to whether the prologue will be part of the movie itself or if it's merely a stand alone.

Thank you gents,

DTM

Good question. I was kind of wondering the same. I would quess that it would, but I don't have a confirmation of that.

[edit] Yurka ftw.

Nolan said it was. It was one of the headlines on the hype! front page a while ago.

Is the 6 min prologue better than the entire IAL film?

I don't wanna watch the IAL film only to come out disappointed because it couldn't match the prologue.

You MUST Watch The Dark Knight's IMAX Short Film on I Am Legend

December 12, 2007
by Alex Billington

I have never in my life felt this excited after watching just a trailer. I'm a fanboy and I get excited for a lot of things, but the IMAX 7-minute short preview that Christopher Nolan made and is playing in front of I Am Legend is incredible. Dare I say it may even better than I Am Legend on a whole, or at least is worth sneaking into I Am Legend multiple times just to watch it over and over. And in other news, I Am Legend has been approved to play at midnight on Thursday night, so check your local theater listings, as that when you'll want to catch both the Dark Knight short on IMAX and I Am Legend. Though the short film is playing in front of ALL IMAX showings, not just the midnight.

I know we've been covering The Dark Knight excessively recently and I know you've all probably read the description of the short film anyway, but I couldn't live without writing about my own excitement. If you're unaware of what's going on, here's the breakdown.

Director Christopher Nolan has put together a 6-to-7 minute short film shot entirely on IMAX cameras that is playing exclusively in front of I Am Legend on IMAX screens. The short is a prologue to The Dark Knight and shows the Joker (played by Heath Ledger) robbing one of Gotham City's banks. The one-and-only William Fichtner has a great cameo in this short, too. It also features a few clips from the movie in trailer format, including of Detective Gordon breaking their Batman signal light with an axe and Batman riding his new BatPod through the city.

I literally had shivers down my spine the entire time. First things first, the visual quality was phenomenal. I'll admit, I hate watching 35mm movies converted to IMAX, as they just don't look as good on the giant screen, in fact they usually look like ****. The Dark Knight is the first movie in Hollywood history to use actual IMAX cameras to film. The difference is that IMAX film is 60mm versus 35mm in size and the cameras are much bigger and much heavier. Knowing how much I hate watching anything on IMAX, this is the first time in my life I was ever blown away by the visual and aural quality of the footage. It looked beautiful. "Good" doesn't cut it, this looked stunning. I have never said that before about anything in IMAX, not even Beowulf, but this time I am. Now I really can't wait to see the rest of the scenes that were shot on IMAX.

As for the rest of it, when I say I got shivers, it's true. Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard's awesome Batman theme was playing and this sweeping camera shot of Batman standing on the edge of a building came up and I almost screamed out loud with excitement. This is going to be THE movie of 2008, hands down. Not only is the footage going to look absolutely gorgeous, thanks to Nolan shooting on IMAX cameras, but the movie itself and Heath Ledger as Joker is all going to be amazing.

That said, everyone MUST go watch this short film in front of I Am Legend! You CANNOT see this online, you CANNOT see this in regular theaters, you MUST watch it in IMAX. I don't care if you have to drive 2 hours or more to find the nearest IMAX screen - do it! You will not regret it one bit. What you'll see may just change your life forever, like it nearly did for me. The Dark Knight is going to be the movie to see in 2008 and I cannot wait.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2007/12...-dark-knights-imax-short-film-on-i-am-legend/

You MUST Watch The Dark Knight's IMAX Short Film on I Am Legend

December 12, 2007
by Alex Billington

I have never in my life felt this excited after watching just a trailer. I'm a fanboy and I get excited for a lot of things, but the IMAX 7-minute short preview that Christopher Nolan made and is playing in front of I Am Legend is incredible. Dare I say it may even better than I Am Legend on a whole, or at least is worth sneaking into I Am Legend multiple times just to watch it over and over. And in other news, I Am Legend has been approved to play at midnight on Thursday night, so check your local theater listings, as that when you'll want to catch both the Dark Knight short on IMAX and I Am Legend. Though the short film is playing in front of ALL IMAX showings, not just the midnight.

I know we've been covering The Dark Knight excessively recently and I know you've all probably read the description of the short film anyway, but I couldn't live without writing about my own excitement. If you're unaware of what's going on, here's the breakdown.

Director Christopher Nolan has put together a 6-to-7 minute short film shot entirely on IMAX cameras that is playing exclusively in front of I Am Legend on IMAX screens. The short is a prologue to The Dark Knight and shows the Joker (played by Heath Ledger) robbing one of Gotham City's banks. The one-and-only William Fichtner has a great cameo in this short, too. It also features a few clips from the movie in trailer format, including of Detective Gordon breaking their Batman signal light with an axe and Batman riding his new BatPod through the city.

I literally had shivers down my spine the entire time. First things first, the visual quality was phenomenal. I'll admit, I hate watching 35mm movies converted to IMAX, as they just don't look as good on the giant screen, in fact they usually look like ****. The Dark Knight is the first movie in Hollywood history to use actual IMAX cameras to film. The difference is that IMAX film is 60mm versus 35mm in size and the cameras are much bigger and much heavier. Knowing how much I hate watching anything on IMAX, this is the first time in my life I was ever blown away by the visual and aural quality of the footage. It looked beautiful. "Good" doesn't cut it, this looked stunning. I have never said that before about anything in IMAX, not even Beowulf, but this time I am. Now I really can't wait to see the rest of the scenes that were shot on IMAX.

As for the rest of it, when I say I got shivers, it's true. Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard's awesome Batman theme was playing and this sweeping camera shot of Batman standing on the edge of a building came up and I almost screamed out loud with excitement. This is going to be THE movie of 2008, hands down. Not only is the footage going to look absolutely gorgeous, thanks to Nolan shooting on IMAX cameras, but the movie itself and Heath Ledger as Joker is all going to be amazing.

That said, everyone MUST go watch this short film in front of I Am Legend! You CANNOT see this online, you CANNOT see this in regular theaters, you MUST watch it in IMAX. I don't care if you have to drive 2 hours or more to find the nearest IMAX screen - do it! You will not regret it one bit. What you'll see may just change your life forever, like it nearly did for me. The Dark Knight is going to be the movie to see in 2008 and I cannot wait.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2007/12...-dark-knights-imax-short-film-on-i-am-legend/

holy mother ****ing **** of julius caeser....can't wait now

He's listening in on something via his radio device in the cowl. Don't worry, it's not a salute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"