Conan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of that list...Mcteigue for sure.

I'd prefer Neil Marshall or Robert Rodriguez(using real locations, and sets. None of the CGI stuff like Sin City and Spy Kids). I honestly don't think a stylized director, someone like McTeigue, should be attached to direct a film about a character as violent and raw as Conan. The last thing i need is slo-mo fight scenes. It needs to be brutal and intense, and most importantly, REAL.

Neil Marshall or James McTeigue would be great, the Strauses don't have a hope in hell.

I'd prefer Neil Marshall or Robert Rodriguez(using real locations, and sets. None of the CGI stuff like Sin City and Spy Kids). I honestly don't think a stylized director, someone like McTeigue, should be attached to direct a film about a character as violent and raw as Conan. The last thing i need is slo-mo fight scenes. It needs to be brutal and intense, and most importantly, REAL.

But it will be hard to create Conans World without using Heavy CGI Landscapes.
The Earth was very different in the Age of Conan with Dark unreal Forests,Swamps and Mountains with lot´s of Monsters and Creatures in it.

The Earth was very different in the Age of Conan with Dark unreal Forests,Swamps and Mountains with lot´s of Monsters and Creatures in it.
unless they use this old trick called "props" and or "model making"
they seemed to work fine before...

How about Paul Telfer for Conan?

paul_telfer1.jpg

paul_telfer5.jpg

Not really. They can build sets, film in dense forest locations. They don't have to make it all CGI. That would suck. It's possible to make a Conan film, using real locations. It makes it that more real. I dont want to really see a "300"-esque Conan film.

and besides, creating Conan's world in CGI doesn't justify stylized action crap loaded with slow motion.

Not really. They can build sets, film in dense forest locations. They don't have to make it all CGI. That would suck. It's possible to make a Conan film, using real locations. It makes it that more real. I dont want to really see a "300"-esque Conan film.

and besides, creating Conan's world in CGI doesn't justify stylized action crap loaded with slow motion.

It's got a $100 million budget, I'm sure it'll be location shots.

It's got a $100 million budget, I'm sure it'll be location shots.

Location Shots could be more expansive then CGI Landscapes.

The best way to do it is like Jackson did it with the LOTR Movies,a combination of Location shots,Modelling and CGI.
But i doubt a 100 Million Budget is enough for this.

I'm waiting for this Abortion to fold. I don't want to see Ratners bland lame-@$$ take, I want someone who can do this right, Conan is one of my top 5 favorite Characters.

LATINO REVIEW should stick to writing reviews, and steer away from writing them and then reading them.

No ****. Can't they just post it like they used to instead of video blogging a script review?

Finally Ratner is out, now maybe they can get a real director, I still like Ridley Scott....

http://chud.com/articles/articles/19363/1/EXCLUSIVE-HAS-CONAN-FOUND-HIS-NEW-DIRECTOR/Page1.html

EXCLUSIVE: HAS CONAN FOUND HIS NEW DIRECTOR?

By Devin Faraci

Yesterday we learned that Brett Ratner looked to be out of the director's chair on the new Conan movie, which possibly shoots this summer. The producers have been wasting no time in trying to get a new helmer for the franchise reboot, which after months of development still needs some script work and a leading actor. And according to my very trustworthy, very much correct in the past source, they've found their director:

James McTeigue.

The director of the first good Alan Moore adaptation (V For Vendetta) and the upcoming Ninja Assassin, McTeigue was long the Wachowski's first AD. There's no question that McTeigue has the action chops needed to bring the Hyborian barbarian's adventures to brutal, bloody life.

But will he have the money needed to do it right? My source fears that the loss of Ratner means a loss of budget. Ninja Assassin seems to be budgeted at around 50 million, and V For Vendetta was 54 million. Both look terrific - McTeigue is getting every penny on screen - but Conan will be much costlier, effects-wise. Will the current rumored 120 million dollar budget be slashed with this new director?

It's important to note that McTeigue hasn't signed any papers yet, so this deal is still in the making, but it looks like he's the guy Nu-Image/Millenium wants for the job.

And remember, the Wachowskis were once set to direct a Conan movie. They and McTeigue retain a tight relationship; might this Conan have their fingerprints all over it as much as McTeigues? That, to me, sounds like it could be a damn good thing.

i hope this is true because that means it has a possibility to be rated r since his 2 films v and ninja assassin are rated R

I hope it's true. McTeigue will eclipse the Wachowski's one day, I can feel it.

IMO finding the right Conan will be more difficult than finding the right director for the project.

I just want the tone to be close to Frazetta, or at least the Dark Horse series.

I love McTeigue as director, since I'm a V for Vendetta fan, and I'm eager to see what he can bring to Conan. I'm even cool with 300 style stylization.

IMO finding the right Conan will be more difficult than finding the right director for the project.

Hopefully, he looks more like he's described in the books and less like Arnold.

Hopefully, he looks more like he's described in the books and less like Arnold.
Yeah, also finding a Conan that looks like Buscema's or Frazetta's Conan and can act won't be that easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"