Conan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratner is a yes man ofc he will get more people seem to forget xmen 3 made

Worldwide:$459,359,555

Javier Bardem! If there was ever a guy who looks like literary Conan it's him. Just bulk him up a lot.

Not Sam, way too light skinned. Conan's dark. Tahmoh Penikett is closer, but I still think of Javier when I read Conan.

ff00041b.jpg

DSC_7638-Close-up.jpg

Javier Bardem! If there was ever a guy who looks like literary Conan it's him. Just bulk him up a lot.

He looks nothing like the literary Conan, and he is way too old for the bulk of the stories.

If you say so, but till they officially pick someone in my head he'll continue to be Javier.

http://chud.com/articles/articles/19370/1/AN-EPIC-BATTLE-OF-DIRECTORS-SHAPES-UP-FOR-CONAN/Page1.html
AN EPIC BATTLE OF DIRECTORS SHAPES UP FOR CONAN

* By Devin Faraci
* Published Today

There are two major updates at the end of this article. This story seems to be developing as I'm writing it.

On Friday I brought you the news that the favored choice to take over for Brett Ratner on Conan was James McTeigue. Well, that's true... from a certain point of view.

As is often the case in Hollywood, these things are less simple than they seem on the surface. Sources tell me that while producers Nu-Image/Millenium favor McTeigue, forces at Lionsgate, the film's distributor-to-be, have some different ideas. According to these sources, Lionsgate is much more interested in two names in particular: Christophe Gans and Neil Marshall.

Gans, who directed Brotherhood of the Wolf, is a guy who seems either very slow or very picky about his projects. In the 21st century he's made Brotherhood and Silent Hill, and that's about it. While I adore Brotherhood of the Wolf, I don't have as much use for Silent Hill; I'd like to see what Gans could do with a barbarian tale.

Marshall on the other hand... yes, please. His last film, Doomsday, was a ****ing delight, and his latest movie, Centurion, is a period piece that looks good so far. Marshall seems like the guy who would give we, the geeks, the Conan we really, really want to see - bloody, over the top and a blast.

The fact that Lionsgate wants either of these guys tells me that the supposed August start date for Conan is quite theoretical, especially as Marshall will likely still be in post-production on Centurion for the next few months.

So who will it be: McTeigue, Gans or Marshall? Or none of the above? I feel like if Nu-Image/Millenium and Lionsgate don't figure this out, Conan could stay stranded in development bad place.

UPDATE: An interesting email from a knowledgeable source just came into my inbox, informing me that this is all wrong. More on all of this as it comes.

UPDATE #2: My original source had given me a number of directors the producers were looking at, but I focused on who I was assured were the top two choices. But now other sources are telling me a name I had heard, but had dismissed, is being aggressively pursued:

Marcus Nispel.

So what the bad place is going on here? This article is the result of three really trusted sources and one debunker in the know. Each of them are telling me different things. Who is right? At this point I feel like I'm edging on a story that's just a list of available directors (ugh, a List Story), but if my Nispel source is right, and if Nispel takes the deal, we should know as soon as this week.

I don't think I would like Gans or Nispel.

In a perfect world, I would want Zack Snyder. But out of the names listed above, I want McTiegue, or maybe Marshall.

honestly, if they want to film this by August, this feels rushed. It feels like X3. Look at Thor and Green Lantern and even Green Hornet; those directors at least have 6 months to a year in pre production.

A very interesting and inspired choice, I think. Just bulk him up ala Gerard Butler, throw in some blue contact lenses, and an even longer hair than he had in "No Country For Old Men" and presto. Bardem actually kinda' reminds me a little of John Buscema's rendering of Conan.

Also, James McTeigue seems a very decent choice for director. Better than Ratner.

Last edited:
Bardem is KHAN, not Conan. :D

Now THAT I can roll along with...

Conan needs someone who can play 20-45 yrs. old, who is big but not a roid ape, and who can read lines and not sound like some cocky a$$ wrestler.

Bardem is not Conan. If he was younger, yes. I'm sure he's in shape but not in Conan shape. But I like the fact that he has an accent and isn't American. That makes him more mystique I suppose.

BTW, Bardem as Khan? Yes!

What's Conan shape then? It's not what Arnold looked like in the movie. Conan's more lithe than that, he's described as being a panther. As for accent, who the bad place knows what the accents of fictional countries should sound like?

What's Conan shape then? It's not what Arnold looked like in the movie. Conan's more lithe than that, he's described as being a panther

.....and hairy chested.

Also, if they're to focus on Conan as King of Aquilonia, I don't see why it can't be an older actor in his mid-thirties or early forties.

Just not some shaved Steroid goon, but thats not saying I don't want a Kevin Sorbo Hercules type either.

I always pictured Conan closer to late-90's era Peter Steele (frontman for the band Type O Negative).

so anyone agrees that this movie feels like its being rushed out?

This feels like a Fox movie. Funny enough, Fox is rushing out Predators; the script is not done and there isn't a real director yet (Robert R is just producing)

I always pictured Conan closer to late-90's era Peter Steele (frontman for the band Type O Negative).

Haha, I think he's a little too evil looking for Conan but if Steele can act, I bet he'd make a kickass villain in this movie.

Not saying Peter Steele himself (he's a musician, and self admittedly cannot act), but someone that looks very much like him 10 years ago.

I've got a feeling that this movie is going to be in Development bad place forever.

I'm still hoping for McTeigue to pull through. But Neil Marshall would be acceptable.

I've got a feeling that this movie is going to be in Development bad place forever.

I have a feeling, as I've stated previously, that if Clash of The Titans does enough dough at the b.o, this project will get to move alot faster, maybe even sooner.

This Franchise has been in development bad place. But hey, at least we dodged the Rat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"