Days of Future Past How to re-introduce wolverine in a first class sequel.

bhayes

Civilian
Reaction score
This article here mentions that wolverine could pop up later in a sequel.

I personally think that it should be a cameo type role.

what they could do is this. they could re-introduce william stryker and jason stryker. it should show that the stryker family is dysfunctional until stryker realizes that his son is a mutant. he panics and hears about xaviers school. then he learns that his son cannot be cureed.

And we get a retelling of how jason kills his mother with his mind powers and this drives stryker crazy. and he learns to hate mutants. He starts to experiment on his son.

this is when he finds a pre-claws logan. (no bone claws). and we get a different orgin for logan this time. he should not be the james howlett anymore. just a ageless mutant with no past.

and we get to see a accurate retelling of the weapon x project that matches the x1 and x2 footage.

They could show how and why william stryker hates mutants and show a pre-adamantium logan (hugh jackman) and of course we get the reinactment of wolverine escaping.

but again Hugh should be in the background as a cameo type role. with stryker and

this way, we can officially reject orgins

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly i think we have seen enough of Stryker.

We have seen him in 2 films already , i don't see a reason to bring him into the FC trilogy .

Wolverine doesn't appear till almost 40 years after First Class in terms of movie timeline, so i don't see him popping up in the FC movies.

I want 2 proper films with wolverine after the one that takes place in japan, one based on The Origin and other stories if necessary, and another based on Weapon X

It sounds to me like they'd reintroduce him as in Giant-Sized #1 from Bryan Singer's quote, which would probably mean they'd disregard current continuity/storylines as he pretty much blatantly stated they would. This may mean they'd also reintroduce Scott, Jean and perhaps Nightcrawler and Colossus.

OH GOD PLEASE NO

I wanna be FREE from Wolverine. Stick to his lame spin-offs that I can simply not watch.

Wolverine does not belong in the First Class series, not even in a cameo - PLEASE keep him the hell away from these films!

X2 hinted at Xavier and Magneto having past knowledge of wolverine.Very easy to fit him
Into a early 70's set second class and keep contunity with X-Men and X2.However I don't see Wolverine In this trilogy being more than expanded cameo.After The WOlverine
It will be X4 that uses wolverine In major role.

Yeah save Wolverine for X4( I hope Singer directs it

I would like some sort of easter egg or even a minor cameo.

If First Class succeeds immensely we won't be seeing Wolverine.

It it underperforms Wolverine will be shoehorned in.

Keep Wolverine separate from the X-Films for now. He has his own franchise now. We should get at least more then one film that's not focused on him.

I really hope First Class will be a success. That means we won't see Wolverine in another X-Men movie for at least a couple years.

I've got a great idea for integrating Wolverine into the First Class round of films.

How about...ya' don't.

Please no wolverine he used to be one of my favs but he's so overexposed I wouldn't care if I didn't see him in a movie for the next ten years how bout we I don't know put cyclops in a first class movie guy gets no respect.

Last edited:
No Wolverine! The next time I see a Wolverine and the X-Men it should be in a reboot or if they decide to make some "Star Trekish" time thing and make FC its own thing.

Im all for Wolverine showing up and being a 100% angry crazy mofo but since these films loosely fit with continuity in X1 and 2 we wont be seeing him for awhile. It would be really cool to have him not be the main focus in an X fLick.

Stryker should never show up again. Lets move to better and new characters.

Stryker was pretty interesting in X2, but in Wolverine, he got annoying and one-dimensional..

Wolverine could show up in 'First Class'. I mean, he has fought in every freakin' American war. For all we know, Stryker could be in this one, too. I don't know. I doubt they are, but if Vaughn and Singer figured out a way to do it, I'm sure they could pull it off. You never know!

I'd be fine with an after credits appearance by Wolverine, but I don't want to see him in the actual films. Save him for X4...if it gets made.

Well, Hugh Jackman, unlike Wolverine, isn't ageless. And if they're going to do sequels to 'First Class', they're not going to be doing an 'X4' anytime soon. And why couldn't he be in the film? I don't particularly want to see him, but he could easily be in one of scenes featuring military. If it does happen, I hope it's almost easily missed. :o

Question : How to re-introduce Wolverine in the First Class sequel?

Answer : You Don't.

Wolverine should stay out of any of the First Class films.

He was introduced to the X-Men in the first X-Men film. Keep it that way.

Of course Wolverine COULD be in the First Class series, as his solo movie shows he was around before this movie takes place.
The question is SHOULD he be in it, and the answer to that is NO.

I agree with those above who mentioned he will be shoved into a sequel if this one does not do well enough, because Fox will assume the reason was no Wolverine.
Let's hope that does not happen.

People need to remember that Wolvernine and most of the Last Stand are being Ignored
by Bryan Singer and Matthew Vaughn.So Ignore everything Wolverine showed about wars and how he got his admanturm.With Stryker Ignore Wolverine and only remember
X2.Having said that Wolverine will not be a major player In First Trilogy.We know there Is talk of the trilogy being In 1970's for part 2 and 1980's conclusion.Very easy to bring him pre admanturm pre amnesa In a 1970's set part 2.X2 certainly hinted at Xavier and Magneto knowing more about Wolverine than he was told.Also remember If first Class Is a sucesss and The Wolverine doesn't come out till 2013(which Is Likely If Fox doesn't soon sign a director) Hugh jackman Is unlikely to want to follow The Wolverine Immedetly with another X film with him In prominent role.Witht he exception of a expanded cameo In Second Class after The WOlverine It will be X4 when Wolverine again ahs major role.While we don't know yet what Is planned for X4 let's say both Wolverine as major charater and somekind of varation of Days of future past storyline are likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"