Days of Future Past How to re-introduce wolverine in a first class sequel.

The X-Men first meet Wolverine in X1...lets leave it at that. That means that Charles, Scott, Jean, Storm, Bobby, Rogue, etc. do not know who he is prior to X1. Therefore, it does not make sense to bring him into these prequels.

The only way Wolverine should come back for an ensemble movie would be X4 or alternate timeline scenario like Star Trek.

It's very easy to have Wolvrine fit in second class without breaking contunity with
X-Men/X2.Now If First Class underperforms they will just move forward with X4 and
scrap plans for a first Class trilogy.Also consider If Second class Is set In 1970's then
characters like Cyclops and Jean Grey have to wait for a 1980's set third class.So they
might try to work In a Wolverine appearance since second class would have to relay on characters used In First Class.So a Wolverine cameo/small part may be done to appease those who may be wanting other characters from earlier X films to show up.

If they cared about bringing in older members then they would have brought in more for this film since there are barely any familiar faces. Second Class will probably have a better pool then First Class in terms of familiar characters since it will take place later. Not to mention I'm sure plenty of characters from this film will have become more popular by the then. So if they didn't do it for this film I doubt they will do it for the next one.

Well, in the moment origins: Wolverine is not more part of the X Movie cronology, maybe they show the Weapon X team in the 80's, leading by Stryker with a pre-adamatium Wolverine.

Please! NO Wolverine in First Class trilogy!!

please, Fox!!!

I'm with the no Wolverine gang. Logan has had plenty of focus in the previous X-Trilogy and and has one solo film done and another on the way. I think its time for other characters to have the spotlight

After The Wolverine we should not see him again till X4.I am no advocate of putting him In First Class sequel I just pointed out he could show up and It could still with X-Men/X2
conitunity

They could show how and why william stryker hates mutants and show a pre-adamantium logan (hugh jackman) and of course we get the reinactment of wolverine escaping.

but again Hugh should be in the background as a cameo type role. with stryker and

this way, we can officially reject orgins

First Class and any subsequent sequels can't stand on their own feet so Wolverine has to come in and save the day? Are they now disregarding X1 and X2? Do they even care about the original trilogy?

Well, in the moment origins: Wolverine is not more part of the X Movie cronology, maybe they show the Weapon X team in the 80's, leading by Stryker with a pre-adamatium Wolverine.

I'm confused on this whole XMO not being part of the overall X-Men movie universe. I understand Donner said the Deadpool movie would ignore it, but I don't recall anyone saying XMO now is erased. Is such a thing even possible?

Of course it is. Emma Frost and Banshee are late teen/young adults and Xavier is walking in the mid-eighties in 'Wolverine', yet we know Emma's in her thirties, Banshee's a teen/young adult and Xavier [Blackout]is paralyzed[/Blackout] in 1962 in 'First Class'.

People can argue that those two characters aren't really Emma and Banshee in 'Wolverine', but they clearly are. Some can argue that in a future movie, [Blackout]Xavier regains the use of his legs, and is again paralyzed later on...[/Blackout] but that would severely cheapen the ending if 'First Class'.

The details that are blacked out are also the major contradictions in 'The Last Stand'. [Blackout]In 1962 ('First Class',) Xavier is paralyzed and has his falling out with Magneto. So, why then, in the eighties, would he be seen walking with his friend Erik to meet a young Jean? 'First Class' actually destroys the Dark Phoenix subplot of 'The Last Stand' - by watching the film, we're to assume that Magneto knows how powerful Jean is because he was Xavier's colleague when he met her. If Magneto never saw her true potential as a child, he'd have never have tried to manipulate her into a weapon. It's not just a small continuity error when it comes to the third movie.[/Blackout]

And I'm fine by this... I didn't like 'Wolverine' or 'The Last Stand.'

Of course it is. Emma Frost and Banshee are late teen/young adults and Xavier is walking in the mid-eighties in 'Wolverine', yet we know Emma's in her thirties, Banshee's a teen/young adult and Xavier [Blackout]is paralyzed[/Blackout] in 1962 in 'First Class'.

People can argue that those two characters aren't really Emma and Banshee in 'Wolverine', but they clearly are. Some can argue that in a future movie, [Blackout]Xavier regains the use of his legs, and is again paralyzed later on...[/Blackout] but that would severely cheapen the ending if 'First Class'.

The details that are blacked out are also the major contradictions in 'The Last Stand'. [Blackout]In 1962 ('First Class',) Xavier is paralyzed and has his falling out with Magneto. So, why then, in the eighties, would he be seen walking with his friend Erik to meet a young Jean? 'First Class' actually destroys the Dark Phoenix subplot of 'The Last Stand' - by watching the film, we're to assume that Magneto knows how powerful Jean is because he was Xavier's colleague when he met her. If Magneto never saw her true potential as a child, he'd have never have tried to manipulate her into a weapon. It's not just a small continuity error when it comes to the third movie.[/Blackout]

And I'm fine by this... I didn't like 'Wolverine' or 'The Last Stand.'

Has it been confirmed that [BLACKOUT]Xavier gets paralyzed in First Class? The Xavier and Magneto falling out may just be starting as a small rift in the movie, and may escalate to where it was in the original films in a sequel.[/BLACKOUT] Unless you have an interview with Singer, Vaughn or McAvoy, this is all just speculation right now.

I don't see how the Dark Phoenix subplot of 'The Last Stand' is destroyed. [BLACKOUT]He gets information of a class 5 or whatever mutant, which is very powerful. So he will want to use it for his own means. It works whether he knew in the past Jean or not.[/BLACKOUT]

I'm confused on this whole XMO not being part of the overall X-Men movie universe. I understand Donner said the Deadpool movie would ignore it, but I don't recall anyone saying XMO now is erased. Is such a thing even possible?

Singer did it with Superman III and IV. So, I wouldn't count anything out.

Last edited:
On Xavier James Mcavoy confirmed this contradtion In Interview.With Banshee I never
knew who besides Cyclops and Emma the captured mutants In Wolverine were suspose to be.

Bottom Line consider First Class prequel to X-Men and X2 only.While nicholas Hoult may have studied Kelsey Grammer's voice and mannerism to play beast can I also point out the transformed beast does not resemble the Last Stand beast while Jennifer lawrence as Mystique In blue form does resemble Rebecca Romijn's Mystique.

Last edited:

Neither have I. And just in case anyone jumps the gun, Singer/Vaughn said First Class takes some liberties with the previous films, not specifically X3 and Wolverine.

Do you really think they will Ignore Wolverine just for Deadpool?The Wolverine Is distanting Itself from X-Men Origins;Wolverine.

Once again what happens to Xavier and Magneto In First Class makes it hard to view
The Last Stand and Wolverine with other films now.Not to mention the first Class version
of Moira disregards the Last Stand version of Moira.

It's more likely they took a few libities with X-Men and X2 and totally disregarded
The Last Stand and Wolverine.

Fox and co would do well to ignore pretty much everything from Wolverine Origins. It's best not to let the stink of that movie infect any of the others. Same could be said for X3.

Just have First Class-X1-X2. That should be the movie continuity.

I guess since all of these movies have been following continuity as they go that you kind of just go with it. I just think it's so cool that we have 5 X-Men movies!
Thanks to everybody for explaining it to me!

Do you really think they will Ignore Wolverine just for Deadpool?The Wolverine Is distanting Itself from X-Men Origins;Wolverine.

Once again what happens to Xavier and Magneto In First Class makes it hard to view
The Last Stand and Wolverine with other films now.Not to mention the first Class version
of Moira disregards the Last Stand version of Moira.

It's more likely they took a few libities with X-Men and X2 and totally disregarded
The Last Stand and Wolverine.

even in the last stand, you can clearly see how magneto see xavier as a true friend and great man, that "sadly he had to die for greater good". They kept showing how strong their relationship were throughout x1~3, so i think making them best male wont affect our views to the original trilogy at all.

Please! NO Wolverine in First Class trilogy!!

please, Fox!!!

You just know somewhere right now Tom Rothman is laughing maniacally whilst dropping trou and hosing down a laptop opened right to this page(and specifically your post). Hehe mercy is for the weak, fanboys.

First post! Hurray.

Quite excited about this film. Love the cast. Fassbender is the best actor of the generation, IMO.

As to Wolverine cameo. I suspect Jackman is in this First movie. The rumour was that he visited the Jeckyl Island set where they filmed the X-Men vs. army/navy etc. scenes and as we know from the (best) scenes from Origins Wolverine has been involved in various wars, battles etc throughout 20th century history.

It would be easy to have him in a small scene on the island, without (hopefully) having it be shoehorned in, or being too big a wink to the nerds. I have some faith in Vaughn/Singer to make it work.

Please, no Wolverine....please?

I'm hoping that if First Class does well...it does so much better than the Wolverine's origin movie (which was a complete joke, imo)

its all a big confusing mess really. if only the x jet didn't change so much thru the films.

people in foreign countries and little kids who don't know the comics must be completely lost.

- if only the visual fx in xmen 1 were on level with its sequels.
- if only they had not did a name only "hank mckoy" cameo in x2
- if only moira mctaggert was not in Last Stand
- if orgins had actually been a good film (minus emma frost and barakpool) and blended well with the previous 3 films.

then there really would be no continuity errors. everything would work continuity wise.

but it will forever be debated.

also i did read somewhere that there will be a suprise in the film so - it could very well be that hugh jackman does a cameo in this.

People, we don't need to have Wolverine everywhere, please no Wolverine in "First Class", if there's a cameo scene just save it for the home release as an extra, I just can't process that cameo in this movie, it would just be unnecesary and sad.

its all a big confusing mess really. if only the x jet didn't change so much thru the films.

people in foreign countries and little kids who don't know the comics must be completely lost.

- if only the visual fx in xmen 1 were on level with its sequels.
- if only they had not did a name only "hank mckoy" cameo in x2
- if only moira mctaggert was not in Last Stand
- if orgins had actually been a good film (minus emma frost and barakpool) and blended well with the previous 3 films.

then there really would be no continuity errors. everything would work continuity wise.

but it will forever be debated.

also i did read somewhere that there will be a suprise in the film so - it could very well be that hugh jackman does a cameo in this.

I don't think casual fans follow continuity all that closely that it'll matter much to them. All they know is that they like the property and characters and hope to enjoy another adventure with them. That's it. Fanboys and die-hards are the continuity buffs.

I really suspect that if X-Fans will just take the advice to just treat this as it's own thing and forget what came before then you're apt to have a much better time with the movie. And isn't that what it's all about at the end of the day?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"