Contest Of Marvels Discussion Thread

Heh I said I was never gettin' hitched...funny how things like that never go as planned.

I said I wasn't getting married until I was 27. I told my then girlfriend that as well, and meant it whole heartedly. That night I was engaged, planning to be married in a year. Funny how things can change so quickly.

Me and my wife had some rough times occasionally at first. Being young and all, we had different plans in life. But we pulled through. We have an 8 year old girl and a 2 year old boy.

Things change when you have kids. You start to think more about them than you do yourself. I am doing a lot for them so that they will have a better childhood, and better chances and more options when they grow up. A lot more so than I did growing up.

Last edited:
so let me get this straight.......i'm the minority around here...because i'm NOT married?! lol :p

Sparta* said:
so let me get this straight.......i'm the minority around here...because i'm NOT married?! lol :p

I've been separated for almost 2 years now, still going through the whole divorce thing if it makes you feel better.

BTW, it looks like I won't be around to post the next round...so, Powder's our man. Location and set-up will be in his hands for the next two rounds. If by some miracle High Evolutionary does make it through, I won't be able to get a debate up for him...so, I ask for everyone to take that a little in consideration. I'm going to try to find a computer so I can get in a vote, too. (If HE does get that miracle, I'd hate to lose by 1 vote, and I didn't have a chance to vote for my own guy. That would seriously suck.) More than likely, though, before I leave at 9:00 pm tommorow, I will have an indication if HE is going to make it through.

Well, this' depressin'; decided to take another crack at th' submission circuit, but no publisher is takin' writers UNLESS they have an art crew attached. Lovely. Only artist I know I don't even care fer his style, but hey, if Ramos can get work maybe I'll get lucky.

*Sigh* I just wanna tell my stories to more than a handful of people, izzat so wrong?

Hey Sparta we need to get the Thanos/HE Matchup posted right away so I can post the final 4. Can you post it right after the Howard Duck/Suirrel Girl matchup?

Why don't you people tell me these things?! lol :p

I had no idea I was supposed to post the High Evolutionary vs Thanos match-up

Are there any new debates to post with the match-up?? :confused:

lol I think it was mentioned in Thread 1.

But anyways, if you could get that up as soon as you close your current match that will be great. As for debate Phaedrus has already left toDisney World, but he did say he was just going with his first debate in thread one anyways. As for Blaze, I guess it will be up to him to decide what he wants to do.

Okay, it will be posted later on in the day :up:

If I don't get a debate from Blaze, I am just going to add a link to the thread.

Thanks Sparta! I appreciate it...

I was thinking, if I have a chance, I will make a special Final 4 Header.

I don't leave until late tonight...but, yeah, just copy and paste my original argument, including that link. Powder, you can pm JH to find out what kind of schedule you want for the final four. As we are having less days, I don't know if you and JH want to tweek it a bit to compensate.

Again, thanks Powder and Sparta for helping out while I'm away. It's so appreciated.

It's the least I could do to help Phaed :up:

No Problem Phaedrus and Thank you Sparta for posting the match...:):up:

Yeah I will have to create a schedule with JH to decide the next couple of weeks.

Here is the schedule for the last two weeks.

It varies but it's as close as possible to the current schedule.

FINAL 4

Debating
Matches will be posted sometime Sunday night after Sparta has close the matchup between Thanos and HE. The debating will last until Thursday morning.
Sunday Night -Thursday morning

Voting
Voting will begin on Thursday morning and will last until Saturday Morning.
Thursday morning - Saturday morning

FINALS

DEBATING
Once the voting has ended on Saturday, the match for the FINAL two contestants will be posted. As long as there are no ties. Debating will last until Wednesday morning.
Saturday morning - Wednesday morning

VOTING
Voting will commence at that time on Wednesday morning. I will extend voting until Saturday night to leave enough time for whoever wants to vote to vote.
Wednesday morning - Saturday night

If anyone has questions please let me know....

Sorry Phaed, looks like Thanos is the undisputed champion.

It's a shame here's wasn't many votes.

Well the matches are up. You'll notice a difference, and if you don't........piss on you....:mad::p

So debating will last until Thursday Morning.

Nice banner POWdER. Have you thought up a location yet by any chance?

SEMIFINAL LOCATION

This Week's location will be held on Planet Hulk. This unknown planet is very much like Rome in it's culture, with the person in charge known only as the Emperor. This planet has managed to acquire pieces and parts of advanced technology over many years. There are three types of species native to the planet: The Imperials (leaders), the Natives(slaves), and the Shadow People(Warriors). This planet is also located near a cosmic portal, so all types of aliens and technology come to be on the planet.

These two matches will be similiar to the old gladiator battles and will take place in the stadium arena.

Thanks Harl. I see you already have your debate up. I will probably put up mine later tonight or tomorrow.

Yeah, I'm going into an exam week, since I decided to get some stuff ready to be posted.

Good luck, I just realized a lot of my friends are going into exams...I might going back to that very soon...:(...I have been thinking going back to University for awhile and getting by business degree in accounting....I already have a lot of work experience and pretty well know how to do a lot already, so I am counting on getting some work experience credits, than I will hopefully be taking 3-5 night time courses to finish it off....so we'll see.

Thanks. Senior year and all that jazz. Gonna have to barrow straight onto college or I'll probably never be able to motivate myself to go to school ever again.

Good luck with you have planned. Having experience always helps.

Yeah I went to business school and have taken a lot of bookeeping, accounting, and administration courses but I want to move on in life. I currently get paid a handsome salary, have a lot freedom, and good security and benefits, but I am just........not happy is the best way to describe it....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"