Contest Of Marvels Discussion Thread

A lot of Disney's California Adventure is taken from the Florida theme park. Tower of Terror is about a couple years old in Cali. I'm dying to get back to Florida to go to Disneyworld. I loved Epcot the one time I went, and really want to revisit sometime within the next 5 years.

Anyway, the great thing about 3 year olds is that they have very little say in whether they want to go on the ride or not..lol. But, damn, they hate those 3-D movies. (Although, she did like the Muppet one.)

LOL, I was gone for the weekend and now I'm lost. Are we voting for the last match now?

FINALS

DEBATING

Once the voting has ended on Saturday, the match for the FINAL two contestants will be posted. As long as there are no ties. Debating will last until Wednesday morning.
Saturday morning - Wednesday morning

VOTING
Voting will commence at that time on Wednesday morning. I will extend voting until Saturday night to leave enough time for whoever wants to vote to vote.
Wednesday morning - Saturday night

Well, I'll come right out and say it; my marriage is on th' rocks and I sincerely doubt I'm gonna be in much of a mood fer this fer another year, so count me out of part 2. Been a blast.

Man, sad to hear that on both accounts. Thanks for being a great asset this season and I hope your marraige takes a turn for the better man.

jeez man, that sucks. That was sudden, has it been going on for awhile or is this something recent? I am sure all of us married folks have had our share of fall outs (brief as they may be). I know I have had my share. Good luck, and I hope everything works out for you...

Hey, Wolverine, I know how you're feeling. It really bites, and things that once held your interest are going to be pushed aside for the time being. (It will come back, though.) I'm almost 2 years out of my marriage, and I still am jaded about relationships. I wish you the best ... and, just remember that while it can get pretty crappy, it does come around eventually where you realize how much more happy you are later.

There's no malice involved here, it's just a simple case of **** happens.

Phaedrus45 said:
Vacation was great. We did the 19 hour drive, straight through to Disneyland from WA State....and, then I crashed big time at the hotel after dinner. We got up, spent the first day in Disneyland. (It's still the better of the two parks, in my opinion.) Wendy, even being three, got to go on all the rides (except two). Second day, we had to change our plans. We woke up, planning on getting to California Adventure by the time it opened at 10:00 am...but, at 9:30 am, Wendy woke up and puked all over her bed. Then, at 9:45, she puked all over another bed. After she seemed to feel a bit better later in the day, we drove to Hollywood, and went to Golden Apple comic store. (Traffic sucks big time in LA...the drive there and back took forever.)

Third day, California Adventure. Loved the new ride, Tower Of Terror. (Wendy didn't. She clutched onto me like crazy.) Fourth day was Universal Studios, which I probably ended up liking more than Disney for the first time. (I noticed the workers were much more pleasant and nice at Universal. For the first time, Disney workers pretty much scowled the entire time, plus heard quite a few biatching about their hours.) The kids really like Universal, too. They had some real neat play areas. (One was a dry area with all these small nerf-type balls that you could shoot at other people out of mini canons and such. The other was a wet area with lots of water drenching available.)

Last day, we just visited Disney to do our shopping; then, we headed back home with another 19 hour drive.

A blast...it was just great to spend some quality time with my kids.

Awesome man :up: The Tower of Terror was my favorite ride at California Adventure. I think I went on it like 4 times lol. The white water ride, and the California Screamin' rollercoaster were awesome as well :D

As for Disneyland, the Star Wars ride was cool...it's getting a little outdated though. The alice in wonderland ride was funny because it felt like an acid trip (lol, never done acid, but i'd imagine it'd be something like that :p) Pirates of the Carribean and the Haunted Mansion were great. The Indiana Jones ride was awesome, but I didn't get to go on Space Mountain because it was under repair for the 50th anniversary when I went (last year)

Universal Studios is great simply based on all the marvel stuff everywhere! I was in my own personal heaven. All the comic book stores! All the other marvel related stores! Damn it was hot. I think I liked Universal more because the riders were more for grown-ups. The Jurassic park ride was awesome, and the Mummy ride was cool as well, but too short. Then of course there is the studio tour which was interesting, and the Water World show was really fun.

WOLVERINE25TH said:
Well, I'll come right out and say it; my marriage is on th' rocks and I sincerely doubt I'm gonna be in much of a mood fer this fer another year, so count me out of part 2. Been a blast.

That's crappy man. I'm not married or anything, but all I can say is don't give up :up:

Yeah sucks to hear Wolvster. Good luck with it and all.

I was excited with Universal for the Marvel stuff, too. I loved getting a picture of my 3 year old girl with Wolverine and Storm. Can't wait to see that one. BTW, Pirates Of The Carribean was closed until 2006, which sucks. It's my favorite ride, and it was also closed last time I was there.

Alright Ladies and Gentlemen, with our champion crowned, I officially call the First season of the Contest of Marvels to a close. It was a long LONG hard fought battle. We've seen our share of upset and close matches, and we all had a lot of fun along the way. I would like to thank Phaed, Powder, and W for all your help. Until Season 2 gets underway, or at least a planning thread is made, feel free to continue our conversations and just shooting the breeze here on this thread, but after the initial congradulations are made in the Thread 1 thred, let it, and the other weekly threads, die away so that they do not clog the boards up.

Also, to everyone. Please mention anything that you think will help in making season 2 better than this season. Think of what characters you think are too uber and should be taken out of the tournament. Think of characters that you feel are too week and should be taken out. Think of characters that you feel should be included who haven't been,.... etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"