Days of Future Past Cool as Ice: The Shawn Ashmore/Iceman Thread

I've been watching the opening battle over and over again and I just love how Iceman kinda got his own entrance!

I've been watching the opening battle over and over again and I just love how Iceman kinda got his own entrance!

I know! The way he just hops on to his ice slide like he's been doing it since he was born. And Shawn looks so hot with facial hair. :hubba

I know! The way he just hops on to his ice slide like he's been doing it since he was born. And Shawn looks so hot with facial hair. :hubba

I like the slow-mo effect when Bobby and Kitty catch a glimpse of each other. Intense! :bow:

It was like everybody are preparing to fight with the Sentinels and then BOOM, Iceman who is being portrayed by a returning cast member is suddenly in the crowd too! Then the first power display that he did is the ice slide, then after a few seconds, the ice form! I just felt like when it comes to the mutants in the future, the mutants that we already saw before were given more importance.

Rogue could have taken Bishop's place like in the beginning and it would be her and Shadowcat running away from the Sentinels. Then when Bobby comes out of the portal, he would look at them both.

Rogue could have taken Bishop's place like in the beginning and it would be her and Shadowcat running away from the Sentinels. Then when Bobby comes out of the portal, he would look at them both.

I actually kinda like this idea. But i guess they had to include Bishop somewhere in the story to refer back to tje comics..

OMG imagining this just gave me the chills.

crying-1.gif

I took my husband, who is a casual viewer as best, to see DOFP. He liked Iceman (referred to as "that kid" because he can't remember names) and mentioned that it's good to see him still in the films and that his acting felt very natural. I'm pleased to see that Iceman, with his limited screen time, made an impression on a largely indifferent audience member.

Ive always known Iceman had the potential to be a fan favourite, but for some reason the creative team doesnt make him shine the way he could to make a big impact in the general audience

I took my husband, who is a casual viewer as best, to see DOFP. He liked Iceman (referred to as "that kid" because he can't remember names) and mentioned that it's good to see him still in the films and that his acting felt very natural. I'm pleased to see that Iceman, with his limited screen time, made an impression on a largely indifferent audience member.

Shawn Ashmore is a good actor! Remember he won a Mtv movie award for his performance in X2. During my last viewing for dofp, I heard a couple of reactions.:yay:

I actually kinda like this idea. But i guess they had to include Bishop somewhere in the story to refer back to tje comics..

Bishop could still be part ofthe film even if Rogue gets his time traveler role. He could be running along with them and guard them from the Sentinels. With that, no need to squeeze in a rescue mission.

OMG imagining this just gave me the chills.

crying-1.gif

Me too!
Also, the part where Iceman freezes the temple doors at the end reminded me so much of X1, when Magneto says sarcastically that he thought the X-Men lived at a school. I mean, ice makes it easier to break stuff. It woudln't have delayed them. Quite the contrary. I'm sure Iceman woudl know that, right?

^ lol, you're right. His action scenes were great nonetheless. Can't wait to see what he does in the X-Mansion scenes.

^ lol, you're right. His action scenes were great nonetheless. Can't wait to see what he does in the X-Mansion scenes.

In terms of powers apparently not a lot, [BLACKOUT]he builds an ice wall so rogue and magneto can escape and the sentinels blast through and kill him, before iceman dies just replace the background in the temple to a tunnel [/BLACKOUT]

And that seems about it

Last edited:
^ how romantic
beatheart.gif

I've also read that there were a lot of special effects in that sequence and with Iceman, Magneto, Sentinels and the X-Jet combined, it must be worth a watch.

If there was any power I wanted it would be to manipulate Ice.
I love Iceman lol.
It says in my name hahaha

IGN caught up with X-MEN actors Shawn Ashmore (Iceman) and Kevin Bacon (Sebastian Shaw) at the New York Comic Con and asked them if they see themselves reprising their mutant roles beyond DAYS OF FUTURE PAST and FIRST CLASS.

“Well for me, I love playing the character,” said Ashmore. “I’d love to think the door’s kicked wide open. Honestly I do think the door is open. Making the choice to go into the last moments of the film, to go back and see Cyclops, Jean and the school back the way we saw it in the [original] trilogy obviously leaves it open. I think there’s such a great history from the source material, there’s so many stories left to be told. The movie did well and the audience is there, so we’ll have to see. I would love to play the character again, but we’ll see.”

http://x-menfilms.com/shawn-ashmore-the-door-is-wide-open-for-future-timeline-xmen-films/

Iceman was another great hero in the movie. Recently watch DOFP again and he definitely got a bigger part than the majority for the future characters. With the Rogue Cut, he will even have maybe almost 7/8 more minutes of screentime. I'm glad he will have nore lines and more action. More future scenes, the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"