• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Comics Could Ultimate MJ be Ultimate Spider Woman?

D-day

Civilian
Reaction score
Ok, heres a thought. A lot of people are expecting the upcoming Ultimate clone saga's debut of Spider Woman to be a femae clone of Peter. The cover of #99 shows her but with a blacked out face. This has me wondering if MJ will somehow gain spider powers. Think about it. The whole reason Peter dumped her was because that she didnt have the powers to protect herself from his enemies and this would be one hell of a story twist and a way of getting them back together agian.

Oh, and could someone tell me if the rumours about Uncle Bens return from the dead are true?

:unishr:

D-day said:
Ok, heres a thought. A lot of people are expecting the upcoming Ultimate clone saga's debut of Spider Woman to be a femae clone of Peter. The cover of #99 shows her but with a blacked out face. This has me wondering if MJ will somehow gain spider powers. Think about it. The whole reason Peter dumped her was because that she didnt have the powers to protect herself from his enemies and this would be one hell of a story twist and a way of getting them back together agian.

Oh, and could someone tell me if the rumours about Uncle Bens return from the dead are true?

That wouldn't be a bad idea. The thing I like about the Ultimate line is there is more freedom in the writing. Technically Uncle Ben is back.

HE IS?!?!? I dont get FNSM. I cant believe what they have done to 616 Spider-man over the last few years. It's why I only get Ultimate Spider-man. I was worried that they would spoil it by making him turn up in the Ultimate universe.

D-day said:
HE IS?!?!? I dont get FNSM. I cant believe what they have done to 616 Spider-man over the last few years. It's why I only get Ultimate Spider-man. I was worried that they would spoil it by making him turn up in the Ultimate universe.

If you really want the scoop on it I suggest reading the title. It has an Ultimate kind of feel in it. It's not as complicated as Amazing. If you like Uncle Ben it's kinda hard to pass it up. Also it's kinda complicated the way he's "back" and I don't know if it's going to be permenant.

No, I meant that the whole "I could have prevented my uncles death" thing, has been a major part of Peters life since day one. If they bring Uncle Ben back now then it'll be like "Oh hey, you know how your parents were spies? well suprise! So am I" or something equally lame. Uncle Ban should stay dead and I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking it. Peter needs the guilt to keep him going. :(

D-day said:
No, I meant that the whole "I could have prevented my uncles death" thing, has been a major part of Peters life since day one. If they bring Uncle Ben back now then it'll be like "Oh hey, you know how your parents were spies? well suprise! So am I" or something equally lame. Uncle Ban should stay dead and I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking it. Peter needs the guilt to keep him going. :(

Yes he does. It's almost like he forgot that guilt. i read Amazing 532 and the one person who would have told him to unmask or not would've been Uncle Ben's guidance. That's usually something that kept him going.

Uncle ben's back from a reality shifting hobgoblin. it won't last, he'll sacrifice himself or get hit by a retcon bomb (explained in the new ish apparently). noody panic. Queseda isnt that mad... yet. MJ as spider-woman? the thing about the ultimate universe is that there's too little fresh ideas. this may sound original but lets face it, it stems from MJ being 616 spidey's wife. in a real world a spider-woman would be no relation, like the current 616 spider-woman. oh well, its an alright twist, i guess.

MyPokerShirt said:
Uncle ben's back from a reality shifting hobgoblin. it won't last, he'll sacrifice himself or get hit by a retcon bomb (explained in the new ish apparently). noody panic. Queseda isnt that mad... yet. MJ as spider-woman? the thing about the ultimate universe is that there's too little fresh ideas. this may sound original but lets face it, it stems from MJ being 616 spidey's wife. in a real world a spider-woman would be no relation, like the current 616 spider-woman. oh well, its an alright twist, i guess.

It's so sad that us readers have to settle on alright ideas. So sad. We should be getting good stories.

The Ultimate universe is supposed to be different right? well I'm one of these guys who thinks "If your gonna make it different then make it REALLY different" I like that they changed the Green Goblin and the Hobgoblin and all the other changes that they have made and I'd love to see MJ as a superheroine. Heck it'd be fun to see what would happen if Peter ended up marrying Felicia instead. A lot of guys buying the book go mad if things are changed too much but I think that they are forgetting what the Ultimate line set out to do. It's good that we are getting wildly different versions of 616 story lines (such as the up coming Clone saga) but how about some major ORIGINAL stories that we havent seen done before in the 616 univerese?.

D-day said:
The Ultimate universe is supposed to be different right? well I'm one of these guys who thinks "If your gonna make it different then make it REALLY different" I like that they changed the Green Goblin and the Hobgoblin and all the other changes that they have made and I'd love to see MJ as a superheroine. Heck it'd be fun to see what would happen if Peter ended up marrying Felicia instead. A lot of guys buying the book go mad if things are changed too much but I think that they are forgetting what the Ultimate line set out to do. It's good that we are getting wildly different versions of 616 story lines (such as the up coming Clone saga) but how about some major ORIGINAL stories that we havent seen done before in the 616 univerese?.

My biggest problem is the villans in the Ultimate line are sometimes underdone. Although I do like Ultimate Kingpin alot.

Spiderluke said:
My biggest problem is the villans in the Ultimate line are sometimes underdone. Although I do like Ultimate Kingpin alot.

A prime example of this would be Ultimate Deadpool and Ultimate Omega Red. They sucked on so many levels, it was just terrible. :(

Spiderluke said:
That wouldn't be a bad idea. The thing I like about the Ultimate line is there is more freedom in the writing. Technically Uncle Ben is back.

Yeah, but what does that have to do with Ultimate Spider-Man? :confused:

it doesnt take a genius to figure it out. lol. sorry, i know thats dickish. he was answering a question and commenting on something else. u should read the thread properly before critisizing next time

D-day said:

Pretty much sums up my opinion on Ultimate comics here. I hated Ultimate Gwen's death, but a bunch of people argue "she died in the original comics, so she has to die in Ultimate". No she doesn't! USM is a retelling, so how about not kill her off and try to do something different with her. I like the Kitty thing because it is different.

I think it would be awesome if MJ gained spider-powers in order to be with Peter. It would be something fresh, and seems like the emotionally charged, not thought all the way through decision someone her age would make.

D-day said:
A prime example of this would be Ultimate Deadpool and Ultimate Omega Red. They sucked on so many levels, it was just terrible. :(

Ultimate Deadpool was crap, I HATED how he looks without the mask, just a skull floting in a jar. And his personality was gone. Omega Red however, I don't think we've seen enough of him for me to make a full judgement. I'd like to see him show up in Ultimate X-Men and tangle with Wolvie a bit.

hulkamania85 said:
Pretty much sums up my opinion on Ultimate comics here. I hated Ultimate Gwen's death, but a bunch of people argue "she died in the original comics, so she has to die in Ultimate". No she doesn't! USM is a retelling, so how about not kill her off and try to do something different with her. I like the Kitty thing because it is different.

I think it would be awesome if MJ gained spider-powers in order to be with Peter. It would be something fresh, and seems like the emotionally charged, not thought all the way through decision someone her age would make.

AT LAST!! somebody else gets what the Ultimate line is all about. I love the Kitty relationship and I would have loved MJ dying and Gwen living even more!! :) :up:

I would like for MJ to get spider powers after getting a hicky from Peter.:p

I think that Bendis is getting the old foes out of the way so he can make some new ones.

Also this was only Deadpool's first apearance. He's been beaten humitated and given a techno lobatamy by kitty. He'll be much better when he shows up next.

D-day said:
AT LAST!! somebody else gets what the Ultimate line is all about. I love the Kitty relationship and I would have loved MJ dying and Gwen living even more!! :) :up:

It would've been a good spin. That's something that's bugging me about the Ultimate line. It mirrors the 616 lines too much in someplaces and not enough in others.

if mary jane got powers and became spider-woman, it'd have to be temporary.

i'm all for giving creators the benefit of the doubt until i read the entire storyline (take note, spider-whiners), but i think this would be a case of jumping the shark.

Hmmm, can comics really have 'Jump the Shark' moments?

Anyways, yeah, I don't see MJ becoming Spider-Woman that would be so lame you'd expect to see it in the 616 universe now! Ha. No matter who ends up becoming Spider-Woman in the Ult. Universe I get the feeling she won't be around long.

i think a reimagined line like ultimate can jump the shark, but the original 616 will never (its been thrown at that too) and of course comics can. quality goes down hill, so do readers, it gets cancelled. there has to be some point where it tips, and so yeah they can jump the shark.

Well, in comics you can always retcon the 'jump the shark' anyways. TV's really couldn't do that. 'cough' The X-Files 'cough'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"