• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Comics Could Ultimate MJ be Ultimate Spider Woman?

by the way, can anyone post a link to the blacked out spider-woman picture? i still haven't seen it.

i think a blood transfusion to MJ would make her spider-woman. hmm, that could work in 616. itd open up the whole marriage so it wouldnt be "holding pete back". apparently...

I remember reading an interview with BMB a little while ago, where he said that in #100 they would be revieling something that happened all the way back in #1 but nobody picked up on. Maybe the spider bit MJ too because it did land on her chest. (but that sounds lame even to me!) Just makes you wonder what he was hinting at?!?

:unishr:

D-day said:
I remember reading an interview with BMB a little while ago, where he said that in #100 they would be revieling something that happened all the way back in #1 but nobody picked up on. Maybe the spider bit MJ too because it did land on her chest. (but that sounds lame even to me!) Just makes you wonder what he was hinting at?!?

hmm...that is a very interesting theory. but a little weird considering for 100 issues, she's been...plain jane.

photojones2 said:
if mary jane got powers and became spider-woman, it'd have to be temporary.

i'm all for giving creators the benefit of the doubt until i read the entire storyline (take note, spider-whiners), but i think this would be a case of jumping the shark.

So if it deviates from 616 it's jumping the shark? I think jumping the shark would be following 616 verbatim, so that reading USM isn't necessary.

hulkamania85 said:
So if it deviates from 616 it's jumping the shark? I think jumping the shark would be following 616 verbatim, so that reading USM isn't necessary.

not because it deviates from 616. the ultimate line's purspose is deviation. i just think it's a sign of running out of ideas, maybe? like i said, though, i'll wait until i read it to form a solid opinion.

photojones2 said:
hmm...that is a very interesting theory. but a little weird considering for 100 issues, she's been...plain jane.

I know, thats why I admitted that it sounded lame. It's just the only thing in #1 that I can think that we could have all overlooked.

Thats it! I'm digging out #1 and reading it again! :D

OK I got it! In #1 Norman Osbourne says that the OZ in Peters blood is killing him and that he doesnt have long left to live. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

D-day said:
OK I got it! In #1 Norman Osbourne says that the OZ in Peters blood is killing him and that he doesnt have long left to live. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

maybe peter clones himself?

now i'm really reaching.

looking at this pic:

marvel-in-august-20060516010121472.jpg

whoever it is... they have brown hair.

So i'm gonna say

- KITTY
- PETER'S CLONE, or...

- GELDOFF!

D-day said:

no, i havnt read this book ina while but i know that got resolved. they tested his blood again and instead he was stronger (hence becoming spider-man). if the changed spider(irradiated?? does it still count as an irradiated spider in the ultimate universe??) landed on someone else then thats probs it. orrrrr itsa complete retcon and it happened off-panel. seeing as its bendis i bet u wont see it coming:)

well the spider got squished by Kong after biting Peter, so that's out of the picture. I think the powers will come from Peter's blood samples that Mr Shaw stole from the hospital. but seriously, a lot of people already picked up on that thought so I don't see it as anything mind-blowing that Bendis hinted at. Gotta go dig up #1 again

i'm Spider-Man said:
looking at this pic:

marvel-in-august-20060516010121472.jpg

whoever it is... they have brown hair.

So i'm gonna say

- KITTY
- PETER'S CLONE, or...

- GELDOFF!

might be a dye job. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts