Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Coulson Lives! (the Clark Gregg aka Phil Coulson thread)

Captainrogers posted this over on the CATWS boards.

This, my friends, is how you explain Coulson. There is simply no better way, *period.* This is goddamn beautiful. Brought tears to my eyes. Hope to hell this turns out to be The Reason.

http://imgur.com/a/mK26d?gallery
Love this so frickin much.

Note to the Whedon clan... the bar for Coulson Resurrection Theories hath been raised. If they don't go in this direction, they better match the rational and emotional impact of this.

It might not be desirable, because it would establish a whole bunch of themes, that would contradict a good part of Coulson's current appeal: the unflappable everyman. If he's now an unaging minor superhuman from another era, that makes him something different. It might well be something *interesting*, but it'd be a major change. And I'd consider very, very carefully whether the change would be a good idea in the overall scheme of things.

Which doesn't change that, as a standalone concept, its an awesome idea.

True, it'd make him something more than an "everyman" that they've been touting as a series concept; but then, the general fanboy consensus has *always* been that Son of Coul is far more than an "everyman." (Besides, I suspect that at least one of the agents is a secret super. Skye, in particular.)

THAT's IT!!! a life size HOT toys was Killed!!! :D :D :D :doh:

the Hot Toys review of the Agents Coulson with Clark Gregg sitting aside!
[YT]0pIgEeBySyE#![/YT]

hehehe ya gotta see this

I'm actually curious about ado. Tho at the price of films these days I'm not sure I want to buy a ticket lol

Saturn Awards: ‘Avengers,’ ‘Breaking Bad’ lead sci-fi-fantasy-horror pack: Variety

“Marvel’s The Avengers” and “Breaking Bad” collected the most statuettes as the Academy Of Science Fiction, Horror & Fantasy Films handed out its Saturn Awards Wednesday night in Burbank.

“Avengers” took home honors for top science fiction film; Joss Whedon as director; Clark Gregg as supporting actor; and for special effects — that kudo going to the team of Janek Sirrs, Jeff White, Guy Williams and Dan Sudick.

Clark Gregg have the night’s most impassioned acceptance: “I’m such a sci-Fi geek,” he confessed, remembering that when he first played Agent Colson in “Iron Man” “I was as geeking out to meet Robert Downey Jr. as to talk to Tony Stark.”

480201_10151770957587664_1488296513_n.jpg

Congrats to Joss, Clark and the cast & crew of The Avengers. All of them deserve credit for creating a magnificent film.

Why aren't the geek Oscars televised? That's an awards show that I would actually watch.

I'm finding it cool that Phil Coulson's being placed in the Comics. He was in Indestructible Hulk #8 lol I hadn't known that and only picked up that comic because Walt Simonson drew it and THOR was in it.

I am down with three or four scenerios,
A that he was a LMD,
B that he was a super of some sort from the get go.
C that Shield revived him Bionic man style
D That he wasn't really dead and Fury just lies like a MFr

I still say he is Mar-vell. Jordanstine had a source for Avengers 1....he mentioned mar-vell, then said nevermind...Jordanstine asked him if Mar-vell is in avengers 1, and Jordanstine said nevermind, he literally brought up Mar-vell, and then said nevermind, his source DID have info....which means he very well could have been referencing that there was some relation to him, I think Coulson is an undercover Mar-vell, and fury knows this.

Still sticking by this theory....though I've seen it deep, deep in the internet....this is what I think, and when it turns out to be true within the next few years, I am going to rub it in all of your faces :p mwuahhaha

Last edited:
I don't believe it. I really don't think Clark is Mar-Vell, I'd believe the Super soldier rumor over that.

I've wanted Coulson to turn out to be Mar-Vell for ages, since pre-avengers.

I've wanted Coulson to turn out to be Mar-Vell for ages, since pre-avengers.

So did I, until the Super Soldier theory changed my religion on Coulson.

Still, if current rumors are accurate about John C. Reilly's version of Nova Prime in GOTG being some sort of alien liaison to SHIELD on Earth, you definitely can't rule out the possibility of the Kree having somebody in the agency as well (with or without Fury's awareness).

and if it's not? :D

Then I will...then you can do/say whatever your heart desires :woot:

hmmm

So did I, until the Super Soldier theory changed my religion on Coulson.

Still, if current rumors are accurate about John C. Reilly's version of Nova Prime in GOTG being some sort of alien liaison to SHIELD on Earth, you definitely can't rule out the possibility of the Kree having somebody in the agency as well (with or without Fury's awareness).

I still stand by it. The super soldier Serum still seems too...easy, if you will.

And think about it, Captain America is THE Super Soldier. I don't think Cap would have survived being stabbed by Loki.

Plus Whedon said that, regarding Coulson, it will be slowly revealed over the course of the show, and that they can't wait to pull back the sheets ((something like that) on that one...

being a super soldier seems to easy, and I feel that his reveal will be something quote unqoute "bigger", like he is an alien. We know the Kree are in the MCU now. Mar-Vell!

Although I was a champion of the Coulson as Mar-Vell theory, I don't think Marvel is going in that direction. For one thing, Mar-Vell is an important character, one whom I would assume Whedon & Co. would take great care in introducing. Unless this was planned from the beginning, which I doubt, I don't think that Whedon would have Phil turn out to be not only an alien, but one of the most important ones in the Marvel Universe.

Another problem with this idea is that the stated premise of the show is that it portrays ordinary humans dealing with extraordinary situations. Were Agent Coulson to be revealed as an alien, that would flip his status from non-superpowered "Everyman" to superhero instantly. Coulson would be on a par with the Avengers instead of being one of the average people supporting them from the sidelines. One would also have to wonder why he couldn't have better protected himself from Loki, as well as why he didn't use his powers earlier and is seemingly unaware of his alien heritage.

That could all be explained away somehow, I suppose, but I simply don't see it happening. Sadly. Because I love Mar-Vell and Phil and combining the two would have been fun.

I am down with three or four scenerios,
A that he was a LMD,
B that he was a super of some sort from the get go.
C that Shield revived him Bionic man style
D That he wasn't really dead and Fury just lies like a MFr

I promote another scenario .
Someone touched the cosmic cube while wishing he had not died.
Skull fell to another world of his fondest dream, why not this?

I promote another scenario .
Someone touched the cosmic cube while wishing he had not died.
Skull fell to another world of his fondest dream, why not this?

Also Coulson could be the Human Torch android, where did he go to.

So, Coulson is so badass, not even a god stabbing him with a magic spear is enough to kill him, cool

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"