Crazy Marvel Movies you want to see?

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by Artistsean, Feb 9, 2013.

1. DrCosmic

DrCosmic Professor of Power

I'd like to see some genre mixing:
    Sueprhero Horror/Survival film
    Superhero Faux Documentary
    Superhero Western
    and yes...
    Superhero RomCom

2. Fives

Fives Well-Known Member

I use to think Guardians of the Galaxy would have been a crazy Marvel movie that I thought could be a pretty cool idea for a movie. I guess it wasn't so crazy afterall lol.

3. Doc Ock

Doc Ock The Spider-Totem Awakens

She-Hulk! :D

I don't know if it could work but I would like to see it attempted!

4. kedrell

kedrell Fork&SpoonOperator

^I'm 90%+ sure that in the fullness of time it will be. She-Hulk AND Ms. Marvel(or is it Captain Marvel now?) and even Black Widow will likely get their own movies before Wonder Woman does.

5. Doc Ock

Doc Ock The Spider-Totem Awakens

Ain't that sad? Or unfortunate...

6. kedrell

kedrell Fork&SpoonOperator

I suppose it is for WW/DC fans. Not that I know anything about that since I've always been a Marvel guy.

7. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

I think I'd lose my faith in humanity if a Super Hero Rom Com came out.

8. ShredderX

ShredderX Well-Known Member

Well, since he is part of the Marvel U, and a mutant, I would like to see a direct to dvd animated Godzilla vs. Fin Fang Foom/Godzilla vs. Sentinels, done in the same vein as Hulk vs.Thor/Wolverine double feature.

9. Victarion

Victarion Iron Captain

An Iron-Man trilogy that more or less has polished up versions of Favreau's two films plus a third one featuring the Mandarin and Fin-Fang-Foom. The first film would be more or less the same. Iron-Man 2 would have Tony dealing with his father's unsavory past in the form of Whiplash, who was directly affected by Howard Stark's doings. Iron-Man 3 would bring Tony's scientific prowess against the sorcery and science of the Mandarin and Fin-Fang-Foom.

No Avengers plugs; an entirely self-contained trilogy. I'd like Ghost in there somewhere, too.

10. Spidey-Quad

Spidey-Quad Well-Known Member

I've always liked Marvel Westerns. I think a movie based I on the whole group could work.

another cool concept would be in "All Female Superhero Group" like the one in an early Avengers issue. I Can't recall the name they went by.I think it was "The Liberators" because of women's liberation movement of the 70s

Here's something I found on Wikipedia about them, apparently there were two separate groups over the years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Liberators

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  11. Lazarus87

Lazarus87 Member

They already have one, 'My super ex-girlfriend' starring Uma Thurman

12. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

I mean in Marvel films.

13. xeno000

xeno000 IRON MAN WAS RIGHT!

So would I. Keep that chick flick BS away from my superhero films! :argh:

14. Guerrilla

Guerrilla Well-Known Member

How about an Iron Fist & Power Man Bromance?

15. blalex620

blalex620 Comics, Books, Games

Leave out the bromance and that would be a great film

16. SlamAdams

SlamAdams Well-Known Member

If the Shaun of the Dead can a be "a romantic comedy.........with zombies" than I don't think it would be that hard pull off a Marvel. Hell, the Iron Man movies already fit the bill really.

17. metaphysician

metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

What exactly would Heroes for Hire be *without* bromance? Might as well leave Luke and Danny out of the movie, as well.

:oldrazz:

18. xeno000

xeno000 IRON MAN WAS RIGHT!

Bromances or even brom-coms are fine. Even romances between characters (of whatever genders) are perfectly acceptable. What I would not like to see is an entire Marvel film devoted to the romantic antics of some supercouple and their wacky, super-powered sidekicks. Superfriends With Benefits would be my idea of water-boarding in film form. (Hawkingbird and I are female, BTW. :word:)

The way the Iron Man franchise handles his relationship with Pepper falls more into the "screwball (action) comedy with dramatic overtones" category. The Pepperony relationship wasn't the sole focus of the films, though it was an integral part. They even had their screwball moment in The Avengers, along with the drama of Tony's near-death experience and last minute call to Pepper. That's how romance should be handled, as an important part of the heroes' lives but not the only thing the movies are about.

19. SlamAdams

If its funny and romantic, its a romantic comedy, screwball or otherwise

20. blalex620

If anyone mistook IM for a romantic comedy they have no right watching superhero films anymore IMHO

21. M-2

M-2 Ultimate BAMF

We already had a superhero rom com... My SuperEx Girlfriend, I think it was.

22. blalex620

Right. That was a rom com with superhero aspects Marvel films are not that not in the slightest

23. SlamAdams

Im not mistaking Iron Man for a romantic comedy, cause it is one. It just also happens to a superhero action movie. I mean much of the Iron Man series is about a smart-ass *****ebag who spurns every love interest he ever had except for the attractive best friend right under his nose that he never saw as a romantic interest until it was possibly to late. Take out the action, sub in Mat McConaughey, and create a ****** poster where MM is leaning, and you got yourself a sure-fire date movie that every boyfriend in America is going to hate seeing.

You're definition of "rom com" is very narrow. It seems you are only thinking of bad Matthew McConaughey style rom coms, which are rom coms but terribly generic in the same way most genres are over-populated with generic versions. More so than any other genre though, the actual genre name has become derisive, to the point when a rom com is actually good, it is rarely called one.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  24. Guerrilla

Guerrilla Well-Known Member

I agree & HA! Superfriends with Benefits. Nice.:word:

25. DrCosmic

DrCosmic Professor of Power

I guess it's just me then... I'd kill for a superhero version of "This Means War" via Hawkeye, Mockingbird and Ronin, or a superhero version of "Killers" with the Captains Marvel... or even a "The Bounty Hunter" storyline with Luke Cage and Jessica Jones.

And I dare anyone to make a good She-Hulk movie *without* it being a romantic comedy, ha!

That's a really good point. While I would qualify Iron Man as a Romantic Comedy, since it's action and dramatic elements outweigh the comic and romantic elements, people tend to discount any movie with action as not a Rom Com... even if it's a comedy about romance. People also seem to forget that every Rom Com has a setting/background that's not about comedy. Superhero stuff is just another law firm/school/website/vacation/whatever.

And My Super Ex didn't seem to understand why people like superheroes or Rom Coms... ugh.

Edit: Speaking of She-Hulk, I'd love to see a courtroom drama with She-Hulk on one side and Matt Murdock on the other, I'm sure it's happened a few times in comics.