Crazy Rich Asians - from the producer of The Hunger Games

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how well the trailer does

First look at Constance Wu in Crazy Rich Asians:

FNVHDEe3_o.jpg

a Trailer should be coming soon to , when is the Release date Again ?

August 17th is what it had on the previous page. I'm just now finding out about this film and am really excited for it.

First look at Constance Wu in Crazy Rich Asians:

FNVHDEe3_o.jpg

Oh my gosh she looks so beautiful. I just got back from Singapore actually and the fashions and clothes are incredible there. I’m glad there’s this huge opportunity to show them to audiences who may not have a chance to see it irl

Cannot. Wait.

It looks so good. So much better than even my high hopes.

And Henry is looking very handsome

[YT]WDhwEqxKCss[/YT]

It looks alright. Is the guy’s father not around?

The trailer didn't really blow me away but I'm here for Constance Wu and Michelle Yeoh :up:. The male lead's acting looks really bland. Abs look nice though :o.

The trailer looks so lavish, opulent and extravagant. I love it. Constance Wu is a star in the making.

Also, I had no idea that Leslie Chow was in this. Huh. Nao I'm even more excited. I hope this'll successfully spawn a trilogy. Can't frikkin wait for this.

Looks good. And good Lord. Constance Wu is beautiful.

It actually looks... entertaining. Wu and Golding look amazing, but no shout out to Michelle Yeoh? Yeoh is still quite stunning, even with the 'stern tiger lady' haircut.

Oh for sure, Michelle Yeoh is awesome and looks great.

Awkwafina's gonna to be a scene stealer.

"she thinks you're like some unrefined banana -- yellow on the outside but white on the inside."

Last edited:
It’s good to see Hollywood finally giving Asians a chance to make a mediocre romantic comedy just like white people.

Gotta start somewhere. You know the community has been hankering for it.

A few of the YT comments on the trailer are dubbing it "a Tyler Perry movie with an Asian cast".

*sigh*

Really? The comedy is better timed and I don't get a soap opera/Dynasty tackiness that permeates most Madea-free Perry films.

I avoided the book because it didn't look like my thing, but the trailer doesn't look half-bad.

A few of the YT comments on the trailer are dubbing it "a Tyler Perry movie with an Asian cast".

*sigh*

Really? The comedy is better timed and I don't get a soap opera/Dynasty tackiness that permeates most Madea-free Perry films.

It honestly gave me 50 Shades vibe. I haven’t read the book but nothing in the movie really stood out to me beyond it having a non-white cast. So I guess that’s progress.

Oh my gosh trailer was perfect.

It’s so good to see a joyful movie again. No one killing each other, talking in raspy tones etc. just fun and flair. I hope this brings rom coms back

Oh my gosh trailer was perfect.

It’s so good to see a joyful movie again. No one killing each other, talking in raspy tones etc. just fun and flair. I hope this brings rom coms back

Did rom coms ever go away?

Did rom coms ever go away?

It didn't go away but the genre stopped being a big moneymaker at the BO. It's commercial viability has dwindled since the early 2010s. Drew Barrymore was the last star who could have sold rom-coms to the masses.

The rom-com genre began plummeting from 2010 onward and nao you won't see romantic comedies getting made in the same frequency that it did even 10 years ago and the ones that do get made doesn't make a lot of money so the studios don't have any incentive to keep churning out similar films. Even the last decade was faaaaaar behind the 90s when likes of Julia Roberts, Meg Ryan ruled in their heyday. The genre was massive back then.

Yeah I think they reached critical mass around the Kate Hudson/Katherine heigl era. Too many that were too much the same and then unfortunately the idea got toxic and it pretty much killed it for ten years.

There’s some women empowerment comedies like girls trip or bridesmaids but not really rom coms like the classic era

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"