The Odyssey - 'Hunger Games' Team Taking on Homer's Epic

As long as it's 300/RocknRolla/Gamer/Olympus Has Fallen Butler, who likes to play it as if he's the manliest human being on the planet, then I think he'd do just fine.

you just know it's going to be one of the following:

Jai courtney
taylor kitsch ("there's still time to make him happen!" - hollywood)
chris hemsworth (or liam if they're on a budget)
armie hammer
gerard butler
charlie hunnam

No, please no!

You just know it's going to be one of the following:

Jai Courtney
Taylor Kitsch ("There's still time to make him happen!" - Hollywood)
Chris Hemsworth (or Liam if they're on a budget)
Armie Hammer
Gerard Butler
Charlie Hunnam

Sam Worthington- Hey I'm Australian cast me!

So Liam is only used as Plan B if they don't have the $$$ for Chris? haha

Gerard Butler at 45 years is the only age appropriate casting out of these. And I think personally he could be very good in this role. He can surely played a great ancient hero as he did in 300. And he could pass off as the father of a 20 year old. He's also still in incredible shape.

The others would be all too young.

Yeah, but I could see them "adjusting" things to get a younger actor in the lead. As for Butler, he was great in 300, but I honestly don't think I've liked him in anything since. Maybe Law Abiding Citizen, even though the end made me wish I hadn't bothered watching the movie at all.

Yep. And if he turns it down, fear not... There's another Hemsworth brother out there too! He was on SNL.

And if that doesn't work, well, there's always that guy from the Point Break remake.

Okay, here's a casting discussion that might be a little more fun for you guys: who plays the following roles?

Circe
Calypso
Penelope

It's in his contract. It's called the "Theta" protocol.

:cwink:

PA- Chris is busy with Thor 3 to film a snickers commercial. Initiate Theta protocol

Another age appropriate casting I could think of for Odysseus is Max Martini (45 years old). He was recently in Pacific Rim, Captain Philips etc and is still looking for his first major role.

CBnEv9YW4AAm1i-.jpg:large

The three major roles are of course Odysseus, Penelope and Telemachus.

Even Penelope should be a older (though still hot) woman. I would think of someone like Monica Bellucci if they can get her.

And Telemachus should be a young actor in early 20's who looks his age. I recently saw the sci-fi film called "Ex Machina" and liked the lead's performance - Domhnall Gleeson (though he looks much younger than his 32 years of age). Another option could also be Jack O'Connell was in 300: Rise Of An Empire and Unbroken.

This could be the Vin Diesel's consolation for never getting his Hannibal Barca movie made.

Yes please.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/hugh-jackman-odyssey-talks-1201574710/

Hugh Jackman is in negotiations to star in Lionsgate’s movie version of Homer’s “The Odyssey.”

The studio announced in April that it had set “The Odyssey” with “Hunger Games” director Francis Lawrence and producer Nina Jacobson attached. CEO Jon Feltheimer disclosed in May that the deal with Lawrence was for more than one movie.

Lawrence took over directing duties on the final three “Hunger Games” movies (including the upcoming “Mockingjay — Part 2”) after Gary Ross exited following the first film. Jacobson has also produced all four films through her Color Force producing banner.

Peter Craig, who co-wrote the two “Mockingjay” films, is penning the script for “The Odyssey.”

“The Odyssey” is believed to have been composed by Homer in the 8th century B.C. It centers on Odysseus and his journey home after the fall of Troy while his wife Penelope fights off suitors.

Lionsgate has not set a release date for “The Odyssey.”

Jackman will be seen next as Blackbeard in Warner Bros.’ “Pan.” He is represented by WME, Lou Coulson Associates and Sloane, Offer, Weber and Dern.

Wonder if he's gunna call this Cyclops a d**k and steal his woman

Well, if this happens, I guess I can probably rule out ever seeing Jackman play Roland Deschain. :( Oh, well. He'll be good in this too, if the movie is good.

Well, if this happens, I guess I can probably rule out ever seeing Jackman play Roland Deschain. :( Oh, well. He'll be good in this too, if the movie is good.

While I love the idea of Jackman as Roland I have zero faith in what Sony and Rothman are going to do to The Dark Tower, so I'd be happy if he just avoided that mess.

I feel vindicated.

This is what I posted sometime back.

Ulysses would ideally be in his late 40's or early 50's.

So thankfully they are going with an age appropriate casting as Jackman is 46. Can't argue with this choice as Jackman is a big name and will help draw funding, is still in fantastic shape to pull of a valorous Greek hero (though still mature) and will have no problem playing the father of a 20 year old. He already played 29 year old Amanda Seyfried's father in Les Mis.

Penelope should be a similar age. I already mentioned Bellucci and she is staring in the latest Bond so she might be interested in doing Hollywood tentpoles. Or if they want to go super hi-brow they could go for Kristen Scott Thomas.

For Telemachus it should be a young actor in early 20's.

Wonder if he's gunna call this Cyclops a d**k and steal his woman

He'll go berserker rage on the cgi sirens.

If he grows a beard I can see a shot of him screaming on boat to go home

Would be cool if there were a horror element to this movie.
The Cyclops, Hades, Scylla and Charybdis should be truly terrifying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"