The Dark Knight Creating TDK

I dunno, to be honest I would have to bury the accident in my head to enjoy it. I would get depressed knowing somebody died so we can see this ya know?

Don't think of it like that - it was his job and presumably he loved what he was doing. :yay:

Well I probably would forget about it for a while cause I kind of had that thought buried in my head for a while. I am more excited about some paintball equipment. =) I do however hope they do something like a nod to him or soemthing in the movie.

=(

They better dedicate the film to him or something. I'm surprised no body even knows about this outside a small group of hardcore fans.

People shouldn't die just for our entertainment. Theres no excuse for something like that.

Dark Knight' Death Was Not On Set
26 September 2007 (WENN)
A crew member working on the new Batman movie, The Dark Knight, died in a "tragic" accident and not during filming, studio bosses have confirmed. The unnamed special effects expert was following the Batmobile on a racetrack in Surrey, England when the car he was in crashed into a tree. It had been reported the victim was trying to figure out how to film a car chase scene for the movie on Tuesday . But a spokesman for Warner Bros. Pictures insists the accident did not take place on the film set and actors Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Heath Ledger were not involved. A statement reads, "There was a fatal accident at a special effects facility for The Dark Knight on the afternoon of 24th September. A technician on the film died when the truck he was in struck a tree following a test run. Warner Bros. Pictures and the entire cast and crew of The Dark Knight are deeply saddened by this tragedy and their hearts and prayers go out to the family and loved ones of the deceased." Crew Member Dies During 'Dark Knight' Production
25 September 2007 (StudioBriefing)
A special-effects technician working on the new Batman movie, The Dark Knight, in England was killed after the camera car he was riding in crashed into a tree as it was following the Batmobile on a racetrack in Chertsey. The name of the technician, who was riding as a passenger, was not immediately disclosed; the driver was uninjured. Initial reports said that none of the stars working on the film witnessed the crash.
Death on 'Dark Knight' Set
25 September 2007 (WENN)
A crew member on The Dark Knight movie has been killed in an onset accident. The special effects expert was following the Batmobile on a racetrack in Surrey, England when the car he was in crashed into a tree. It is believed the dead man was trying to figure out how to film a car chase scene. The unnamed victim, a married father of two, died at the scene of the crash. Police and the Health and Safety experts are investigating the incident. None of the film's cast including Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Heath Ledger saw the accident. The Dark Knight will be released next year.

That's so messed up. Basically the poor guy had no control because he was the passenger, the driver crashes the car, and walks away fine, and the FX guy is killed! :csad:

I'm sure Nolan and co will do something, whether it be seen by the public or not. Very sad indeed when that event occured. Very sad.

I'm sure Nolan and co will do something, whether it be seen by the public or not. Very sad indeed when that event occured. Very sad.

I think it should be seen by the public given that this man died helping to create what will be enjoyed by the public. In a way he died for the public.

I think it should be seen by the public given that this man died helping to create what will be enjoyed by the public. In a way he died for the public.

True, but I don't remember if they released the name. Sometimes families may not want it released. You never know. It could be something with a contract. But yea I agree hopefully at least something good happens for the family, and I'm sure he will be remembered. I'm sure they will do something.

I wonder if they will put a special note into the movie for him. Kind of doubtful if they haven't released the name?
I remember his name was released, but it wasn't picked up by the major news outlets since it was a few days afterwards.

Oh, I found it.

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00011505.html

A fatal car crash occurred during a dummy film run for "The Dark Knight" in England on Monday afternoon (September 25) and killed a special-effects technician working for the project, Reuters has reported.

The deceased crew member, later revealed to be Comway Wickliffe, 41, died after a camera truck he was riding crashed into a tree at a property near Chertsey, Surrey. It has been learned that the 4x4 vehicle at that time was following a stunt car believed to be the Batmobile on a racetrack.

They might dedicate the film to him - there's been precedence before. In The Kingdom, THREE crew members died during production, though only one died actually working on the movie.

That's so messed up. Basically the poor guy had no control because he was the passenger, the driver crashes the car, and walks away fine, and the FX guy is killed! :csad:
It happens in drunk-driving accidents all the time. At least when people are working on an action movie, they are aware that accidents can happen. I'm somewhat comforted that he died doing what he wanted to do.

I remember his name was released, but it wasn't picked up by the major news outlets since it was a few days afterwards.

Oh, I found it.

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00011505.html

They might dedicate the film to him - there's been precedence before. In The Kingdom, THREE crew members died during production, though only one died actually working on the movie.

Good find, thanks.

I hope we at least see a note in the credits, even if the whole film isn't dedicated.

Now I'm reading about the on-set death in The Kingdom, and now I'm all sad since the guy was only 26. :csad: It's always sadder when they're young...

Now I'm reading about the on-set death in The Kingdom, and now I'm all sad since the guy was only 26. :csad: It's always sadder when they're young...

Yah it is. Well I guess we should probably get back to the topic at hand =P

Does anyone know where they filmed for each of the 3 cities?

I assume it was indoor stuff in London, the streets in Chicago... where in Hong Kong?

Does anyone know where they filmed for each of the 3 cities?

I assume it was indoor stuff in London, the streets in Chicago... where in Hong Kong?
I remember lots of spy pics that seemed to show them in a crowded market in HK, as well as the skyscrapers. Batman (or at least Bruce in a cowl but sans cape) does show up on top of one of the buildings. I also remember reading about the power worries, since they asked for all the lights in HK businesses to be left on so they could get some good nighttime shots. And some people were up in arms about the costs of that electricity-wise. :oldrazz:

And they were supposed to dump Christian into the bay, but they nixed that. Nolan said that it wasn't because the bay was dirty, they just rewrote the script. "And as for the water, I have no problem dumping movie stars in it." :up:

I remember lots of spy pics that seemed to show them in a crowded market in HK, as well as the skyscrapers. Batman (or at least Bruce in a cowl but sans cape) does show up on top of one of the buildings. I also remember reading about the power worries, since they asked for all the lights in HK businesses to be left on so they could get some good nighttime shots. And some people were up in arms about the costs of that electricity-wise. :oldrazz:

And they were supposed to dump Christian into the bay, but they nixed that. Nolan said that it wasn't because the bay was dirty, they just rewrote the script. "And as for the water, I have no problem dumping movie stars in it." :up:

That's funny about the bay =)

the nightclub scene was apparently shot in Ministry of Sound nightclub in London.

and an article about the funeral of the man who died: Click

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"