Crossbones

Discussion in 'Captain America: Civil War' started by Hunter Rider, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Superhero 101

Yeah Durand has proven himself as a pretty decent actor. I wouldn't mind if he was Crossbones.

2. Roose Bolton

Roose Bolton Son of Katas

Yeah NCW seems much more suited to Zemo. (he'd probably be perfect.)

3. JB-the-Hunter

JB-the-Hunter Booty hunter

Remember the casting report said they were up for two different roles, so I think Durand is the only one up for Crossbones of the actors mentioned. The other two are probably up for Zemo.

4. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

CBM is now reporting that Frank Grillo *is* casting for Crossbones, and has all but got the part nailed down. After tweeting earlier today about a successful casting call at Marvel Studios in Cali, Grillo added: "WOW. Badass fans that Marvel has. Fierce muthas. #bones"

....Interesting hashtag, of course.
    To add fuel to the fire, CBM reports that a radio talk show host had announced that casting call even BEFORE Grillo's tweets, and promises to dish more later this week.

5. Rowsdower!

Rowsdower! Well-Known Member

Durand seems more like Crossbones to me, but Grillo is also a solid choice (and perhaps not as obvious of one, which might be their intention). Surprised at this... I always thought an appearance by Mr. Bones was a long shot, but I guess not. Does this mean Diamondback is likely to show up too?

6. terry78

terry78 I'm gonna need more rope

This will work. The flick is shaping up.

7. Figs

Figs Well-Known Member

From SHH's front page.

8. Rowsdower!

I wonder if this means we'll see the Red Skull (the original, or a new one). After all, it doesn't really make sense to have Crossbones if the Skull isn't somehow involved.

9. Tvar10

Tvar10 Who the hell is Bucky?

maybe Crossbones is just a side character just used for action scenes. But if that were the case They might Cast a nobody. I'm not sure how REd Skull will fit in. Unless he gets shot early in the story like he did in the Winter Soldier comic

10. Rowsdower!

Well, the Skull was the one who gave him the name Crossbones, because he intended for him to be his sidekick or whatever. I guess they could introduce Crossbones without the Skull being involved, but that would be sort of strange if Cap keeps running into villains with names that reference bones.

11. Tvar10

Tvar10 Who the hell is Bucky?

Maybe they'll have him the leader of a military group that idolizes red skull

12. metaphysician

metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Likely one of the Hydra remnants, or more likely, a second or third hand derivative thereof.

13. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

I'm with ya.

but you sure it was two different roles?

14. cherokeesam

The report said that Costner Waldo was up for a European role, and Holloway was up for an American role. I suppose it's possible Holloway was casting for Crossbones, and the deal fell through and it looks like they're zooming in on Grillo instead; but allow me to reiterate (once again) my belief that Holloway is casting for John Walker.

15. metaphysician

How would John Walker fit into the plot, though? It would be weird to do both Winter Soldier *and* a failed SSS candidate in the same story.

16. cherokeesam

Walker wasn't part of the SSS, and didn't receive the Serum.....:huh:
    He got his power from the Power Broker.

17. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

i would be fine if it were crossbones and zemo...hell, I hope it's zemo

18. cherokeesam

Pretty sure it's Crossbones (Grillo), Zemo (Coster-Waldau), *and* US Agent (Holloway).

19. Rowsdower!

U.S. Agent, huh? That would be interesting. He's just like Cap... only batsh** crazy!

20. metaphysician

In the comics. We aren't talking about the comics, we are talking about the movies. Where, given what has already been shown? Walker would almost certainly be an attempt to recreate the SSS by *someone*.

21. cherokeesam

Why does everything have to be "an attempt to recreate the SSS?" That gets old real quick.....Red Skull, Bucky, Hulk, Abomination....I seriously doubt they'd try to pile US Agent onto that list, too.

It's high time that people in the MCU start getting their superpowers from new sources, and quit trying to duplicate already existing powersets. If US Agent appears, he'll get his powers the old-fashioned way --- genetic experimentation, mutation, bionics, or whatever. Maybe he turns out to be a shill for HYDRA.

22. Specter313

Specter313 Ghost of all things X

Frank Grillo has landed the role of the villainous Crossbones in Marvel and Disney's "Captain America: The Winter Soldier."

A key villain in Captain America's rogues gallery, character debuted in 1989 as Brock Rumlow, a leader of the Savage Crims gang in New York's lower East Side before joining a school for criminals and later becoming a henchman of the Red Skull under the code name Crossbones.

Grillo tweeted last week that he had tested for a role in the "Captain America" sequel, and hinted of the character with the hashtag "bones." Thesp most recently appeared in "End of Watch," "The Grey" and "Warrior," and will next have supporting roles in "Gangster Squad" and "Zero Dark Thirty."

Chris Evans returns as the star-spangled hero in "Captain America: Winter Soldier," along with Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes (who becomes assassin the Winter Soldier), Samuel L. Jackson, Cobie Smulders and Scarlett Johansson. Anthony Mackie will play Cap ally The Falcon.

Anthony Russo and Joe Russo are helming the actioner from a script by Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely. Pic is dated for an April 4, 2014 release.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118061391

23. terry78

terry78 I'm gonna need more rope

Good show.

24. The Caped Knight

The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

I'm loving where this is going with the addition of Crossbone in "Winter Solider" it's pretty clear that Zemo is going to probably be the one who pulling the strings of HYDRA and Winter Solider with Crossbone doing all the dirty work.

25. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Cool, I hope he's really intense like Robert Caryle in Trainspotting not just a grunt who chuckles to himself and grunts.