Civil War Crossbones

Yeah NCW seems much more suited to Zemo. (he'd probably be perfect.)

Remember the casting report said they were up for two different roles, so I think Durand is the only one up for Crossbones of the actors mentioned. The other two are probably up for Zemo.

CBM is now reporting that Frank Grillo *is* casting for Crossbones, and has all but got the part nailed down. After tweeting earlier today about a successful casting call at Marvel Studios in Cali, Grillo added: "WOW. Badass fans that Marvel has. Fierce muthas. #bones"

....Interesting hashtag, of course.
To add fuel to the fire, CBM reports that a radio talk show host had announced that casting call even BEFORE Grillo's tweets, and promises to dish more later this week.

Durand seems more like Crossbones to me, but Grillo is also a solid choice (and perhaps not as obvious of one, which might be their intention). Surprised at this... I always thought an appearance by Mr. Bones was a long shot, but I guess not. Does this mean Diamondback is likely to show up too?

This will work. The flick is shaping up.

From SHH's front page.

Frank Grillo, who appeared earlier this year in The Grey, is rumored to be up for a part in Marvel Studio's Captain America: The Winter Soldier and reports suggest that the role is likely that of Brock Rumlow, better known as Crossbones.

Grillo himself tweeted earlier today about a visit to Los Angeles and a meeting with Marvel along with the hashtag "#captainamerica". The tweets have since been deleted, but the official Twitter feed of The Matthew Aaron Show has repeatedly made the claim that Grillo was auditioning to play Crossbones and, what's more, that he's allegedly very close to getting the part.

First introduced in the comics in the late 1980's, Crossbones is better known today for his major role in Ed Brubaker's modern arc on "Captain America." A highly trained mercenary working for the Red Skull, Crossbones played a major role in the assassination of Steve Rogers following Marvel's "Civil War."

Although Crossbones' potential appearance in the 2014 sequel is far from confirmed, Brubaker's "Captain America" comics, as evidenced by the Winter Soldier title, are certain to serve as a major inspiration for the Stephen McFeely screenplay.

Set to be directed by Anthony and Joe Russo, Captain America: The Winter Soldier will star Chris Evans and Anthony Mackie and is planned to hit theaters on April 4, 2014

I wonder if this means we'll see the Red Skull (the original, or a new one). After all, it doesn't really make sense to have Crossbones if the Skull isn't somehow involved.

I wonder if this means we'll see the Red Skull (the original, or a new one). After all, it doesn't really make sense to have Crossbones if the Skull isn't somehow involved.

maybe Crossbones is just a side character just used for action scenes. But if that were the case They might Cast a nobody. I'm not sure how REd Skull will fit in. Unless he gets shot early in the story like he did in the Winter Soldier comic

Well, the Skull was the one who gave him the name Crossbones, because he intended for him to be his sidekick or whatever. I guess they could introduce Crossbones without the Skull being involved, but that would be sort of strange if Cap keeps running into villains with names that reference bones.

Well, the Skull was the one who gave him the name Crossbones, because he intended for him to be his sidekick or whatever. I guess they could introduce Crossbones without the Skull being involved, but that would be sort of strange if Cap keeps running into villains with names that reference bones.

Maybe they'll have him the leader of a military group that idolizes red skull

Remember the casting report said they were up for two different roles, so I think Durand is the only one up for Crossbones of the actors mentioned. The other two are probably up for Zemo.

I'm with ya.

but you sure it was two different roles?

The report said that Costner Waldo was up for a European role, and Holloway was up for an American role. I suppose it's possible Holloway was casting for Crossbones, and the deal fell through and it looks like they're zooming in on Grillo instead; but allow me to reiterate (once again) my belief that Holloway is casting for John Walker.

How would John Walker fit into the plot, though? It would be weird to do both Winter Soldier *and* a failed SSS candidate in the same story.

How would John Walker fit into the plot, though? It would be weird to do both Winter Soldier *and* a failed SSS candidate in the same story.

Walker wasn't part of the SSS, and didn't receive the Serum.....:huh:
He got his power from the Power Broker.

i would be fine if it were crossbones and zemo...bad place, I hope it's zemo

i would be fine if it were crossbones and zemo...bad place, I hope it's zemo

Pretty sure it's Crossbones (Grillo), Zemo (Coster-Waldau), *and* US Agent (Holloway).

U.S. Agent, huh? That would be interesting. He's just like Cap... only batsh** crazy!

Walker wasn't part of the SSS, and didn't receive the Serum.....:huh:
He got his power from the Power Broker.

In the comics. We aren't talking about the comics, we are talking about the movies. Where, given what has already been shown? Walker would almost certainly be an attempt to recreate the SSS by *someone*.

In the comics. We aren't talking about the comics, we are talking about the movies. Where, given what has already been shown? Walker would almost certainly be an attempt to recreate the SSS by *someone*.

Why does everything have to be "an attempt to recreate the SSS?" That gets old real quick.....Red Skull, Bucky, Hulk, Abomination....I seriously doubt they'd try to pile US Agent onto that list, too.

It's high time that people in the MCU start getting their superpowers from new sources, and quit trying to duplicate already existing powersets. If US Agent appears, he'll get his powers the old-fashioned way --- genetic experimentation, mutation, bionics, or whatever. Maybe he turns out to be a shill for HYDRA.

Frank Grillo has landed the role of the villainous Crossbones in Marvel and Disney's "Captain America: The Winter Soldier."

A key villain in Captain America's rogues gallery, character debuted in 1989 as Brock Rumlow, a leader of the Savage Crims gang in New York's lower East Side before joining a school for criminals and later becoming a henchman of the Red Skull under the code name Crossbones.

Grillo tweeted last week that he had tested for a role in the "Captain America" sequel, and hinted of the character with the hashtag "bones." Thesp most recently appeared in "End of Watch," "The Grey" and "Warrior," and will next have supporting roles in "Gangster Squad" and "Zero Dark Thirty."

Chris Evans returns as the star-spangled hero in "Captain America: Winter Soldier," along with Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes (who becomes assassin the Winter Soldier), Samuel L. Jackson, Cobie Smulders and Scarlett Johansson. Anthony Mackie will play Cap ally The Falcon.

Anthony Russo and Joe Russo are helming the actioner from a script by Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely. Pic is dated for an April 4, 2014 release.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118061391

I'm loving where this is going with the addition of Crossbone in "Winter Solider" it's pretty clear that Zemo is going to probably be the one who pulling the strings of HYDRA and Winter Solider with Crossbone doing all the dirty work.

Cool, I hope he's really intense like Robert Caryle in Trainspotting not just a grunt who chuckles to himself and grunts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"