Civil War Crossbones

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought it wouldn't hurt to have some individual character threads as production is quite a way off and it will open things up for more specific discussion. :)

I think Crossbones would be ideal paired with Red Skull in Cap 2, his gun for hire status being the exact opposite of the honorable solider Cap is.

Would you like to see him? how would you use him? what about costume adaption?

BIO

Sure, just not as Red Skull's protege. Just the big bad's bodyguard/enforcer.

I'd like to see Holt McCallany play him.

lights-out-45.jpg

I'd love to see Crossbones paired up with Skully, and Johan definitely needs to rejoin Cap in the modern age, as he did in the comics; but from a cinematic standpoint, it might be too re-hashy to bring the Skull back immediately. What I'd prefer to see is another Cap iconic villain like Zemo or Madam Hydra, have them create a new Hydra in the 21st century dedicated to the old "ideals" of the WWII outfit, and have them somehow summon Skully back from the cosmic void at the end of Cap 2. *Then* see Skull and Crossbones take center stage in Cap 3.

Here's an idea Scott Adkins as Crossbones and Jean Claude Van-Damme has Baron Zemo... DON'T JUMP DOWN MY THROAT!!! But. I really Think JCVD could be a really cool villain and just seeing him in a villainous role in Expendables 2 and seeing that he still has the athletic ability it will be real cool if he played Zemo.. Beside Zemo is wearing a Mask all the time so its not like you will have to see his face

Hmmm...

Scott Adkins is great in physical roles, and he'd be fine as Crossbones. Zemo is most menacing when he has a great performance, and you can put any stuntman in his fight scenes... imho.

You can use a bad ass swordsman under Zemo's mask.

Crossbones would be cool to see in Cap 2. He's a great Captain America villain too.
1764433-10.jpg

You could even have Crossbones, and Sin, the Red Skull's daughter
2271849-crossbones.jpg

1576971-11_capacbones001_cov.jpg

624790-1.jpg

496620-crossbones_cap_jeff_johnson01.jpg

Great images Fives. :up: I think the idea of exploring the mercenary vs the honorable soldier is interesting, especially if they tie it into a big and shady PMC.

Great images Fives. :up: I think the idea of exploring the mercenary vs the honorable soldier is interesting, especially if they tie it into a big and shady PMC.
Thanks. I agree, it could be very interesting exploring the mercenary vs honorable solider idea. Plus Crossbones killed Cap in the comics, so he would be a great villain to see Cap face in a movie.

175482-130330-crossbones.jpg

1718426-crossbones_by_declan_shalvey.jpg

2354180-crossbones_amazing_spider_man_ends_of_the_earth_1.jpg

247672-151649-steve-epting.jpg

I think he could definitely be used. Plus I like the idea of using a villain with no chance of being ultimately redeemed (like Winter Soldier, Doc Ock, Magneto).
Crossbones is a pure menace and likes killing people. Having someone like him as a complete juxtaposition to Cap could certainly make things interesting.

I would LOVE to see Crossbones in Cap 2. I need to get with the times though, since I wasn't even familiar with the Punisher looking version of Crossbones with the machine guns and such. I only know the older look.

I LOVE me some Crossbones. I think that he should probably be saved for Cap 3. Cap 2 could get too crowded if you cram too many characters into it. Plus he works much better as the muscle to the Skull, and it doesn't look like he's in the next one (or is he?). Plus by the time the 3rd one comes out, enough time will have passed so that the Bane comparisons won't be as bad.

I LOVE me some Crossbones. I think that he should probably be saved for Cap 3. Cap 2 could get too crowded if you cram too many characters into it. Plus he works much better as the muscle to the Skull, and it doesn't look like he's in the next one (or is he?). Plus by the time the 3rd one comes out, enough time will have passed so that the Bane comparisons won't be as bad.

Good points, well made.

Having him in the 3rd movie would be good.

Red Skull, Crossbones, and Taskmaster for Cap 3.

I've found Crossbones to be a bit generic.

He works okay in the context of the storylines he's featured in, but he's always something of a plot device. Feels a bit "Bane/Talia" to me.

I would much rather see screentime given to a returning Red Skull and other classic villains.

Especially now that Bane has debuted on film, I think he'd come across a little less impressively.

Seems a bit of a Punisher gone mad sort of character, after Cap TFA tone this seems a bit heavy.

Sure, just not as Red Skull's protege. Just the big bad's bodyguard/enforcer.

I'd like to see Holt McCallany play him.

lights-out-45.jpg

Good suggestion, but I think Holt was BORN to play Frank Castle. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that it will happen.

So do you guys think that the Rumors of Josh Holloway Kevin Durand Nikolaj Coster Waldau might be auditioning for Cross Bones? I think Holloway would be nice. I want Nikolaj as Balder for Thor though.

I never heard of crossbones and he sounds badass! but if he was in Winter Solider i feel like he'd steal buckys thunder isnt this movie supposed be about the Winter Solider?

I never heard of crossbones and he sounds badass! but if he was in Winter Solider i feel like he'd steal buckys thunder isnt this movie supposed be about the Winter Solider?
Depends on who they also get for the other villain and how they plan to use both of them. Heck, Crossbones may not even be in the movie so we sort of have to await some further casting news.

Out of the actors in the rumor I think Durand is the best suited.

I've found Crossbones to be a bit generic.

He works okay in the context of the storylines he's featured in, but he's always something of a plot device. Feels a bit "Bane/Talia" to me.

I would much rather see screentime given to a returning Red Skull and other classic villains.

Especially now that Bane has debuted on film, I think he'd come across a little less impressively.

Crossbones is kinda like Harley Quinn, he is interesting because he plays off another villain well, rather then just being compelling on his own. Crossbones works because he is Red Skull's number 1 psychopathic supporter, without Red Skull he is less interesting, Crossbones insane version of hero worship is what informs the character. I think the problem is it would be hard to recreate the relationship they have in the comics, Crossbones seemed to worship the Red Skull is "the baddest bad guy around" and movie Red Skull just is not as fearsome as comic book Red Skull, so its harder to see why Crossbones would see Red Skull as an idol.

Crossbones is kinda like Harley Quinn, he is interesting because he plays off another villain well, rather then just being compelling on his own. Crossbones works because he is Red Skull's number 1 psychopathic supporter, without Red Skull he is less interesting, Crossbones insane version of hero worship is what informs the character. I think the problem is it would be hard to recreate the relationship they have in the comics, Crossbones seemed to worship the Red Skull is "the baddest bad guy around" and movie Red Skull just is not as fearsome as comic book Red Skull, so its harder to see why Crossbones would see Red Skull as an idol.

There's also the fact that their names fit together perfectly as well --- Red SKULL and CROSSBONES. Despite what some folks have said in this thread, you really can't have Crossbones without Skully --- it's Abbott without Costello.

As for the casting rumors about Coster-Waldau and Holloway --- pretty safe bet that Coster-Waldau is vying for someone like Zemo. A lot of people immediately seized on the Crossbones bandwagon when Holloway's name was mentioned; but to me, he makes a LOT more sense as John Walker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"