Crossbones

Discussion in 'Captain America: Civil War' started by Hunter Rider, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Surfer

Surfer Sentinel of the Spaceways

2. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

Time for Grillo to start getting on the juice.

3. Surfer

Personally I would like to see them combine some of the Masters of Evil characters with some of the Acts of Vengeance characters.

So essentially combine this: http://www.marvelarchive.com/images/cards/1_105-f.jpg

of course minus anyone that currently has rights with other studios.

with some of this: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120811130239/marveldatabase/images/4/49/Detail4.jpg

and add maybe a few other characters like Crossbones to round out the roster and I think the Avengers would be in trouble.

That would be the Masters of Evil I would like to see.

Surfer

4. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

That seems more like the Hood's gang to me.

5. BullMcGiveny

BullMcGiveny Probably Disagree

Chances are the movie Masters will be an assortment of whatever villains they can spare, much like the movie Howling Commandos had 2 out of 7 members who were actually Howling Commandos.

6. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

That's House of M --- an alternate universe. (Notice that Stark is allied with Roxxon in that cover.)

It doesn't count.

In 616, Crossbones has never been in the MoE. Lately, he's been recruited by the Thunderbolts, but the T-Bolts haven't been associated with the MoE for decades.

7. Surfer

Okay, thanks for letting me know, because while I love the characters and still try to follow their stories when I can, I really haven't collected comics for a while so my knowledge of characters or what is considered in continuity can sometimes be incorrect or outdated.

Surfer

8. Chewy

Chewy REDACTED

Thought: Maybe Crossbones is taking over Lukin's role in the story (pulling WS's strings)

I know we're all assuming that's Zemo's role in this, but who knows at this point

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  9. SuperSAINT

SuperSAINT Where's Chewy gone?

Shame Renner isn't onboard for Cap. Crossbones sounds like a decent match-up for Hawkeye.

10. Superhero 101

yeah maybe he can cameo in Thor 2

11. MarvelKnight

MarvelKnight Well-Known Member

I smell a hint of MoE lurching about...

12. MarvelKnight

MarvelKnight Well-Known Member

That could be. I hope not though.

13. metaphysician

metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

The odds of the Masters of Evil being the villains of Avengers 2 just skyrocketed. There is no way Crossbones is appearing without his master, whoever that is. . . and if either Red Skull or Zemo is appearing, its almost certainly to lead a team of supervillains out for revenge.

14. TikkiEXX

TikkiEXX Well-Known Member

wonder how theyll do the mask? think they might go with the army of 2/jack baur masks. those look pretty sweet. see a lot of different masks in the military nowadays shouldnt be too hard

15. marvel_freshman

marvel_freshman Well-Known Member

Okay, so the radio host guy Matthew Aaron apparently upset Marvel when he said that Frank Grillo will be in other Cap movies and The Avengers sequel. After tweeting the following, he said on his radio show sadly that he was sorry to Marvel and his ("hopefully still") friend Frank Grillo.

https://twitter.com/MattAaronShow

16. cherokeesam

Mebbe, but Crossbones doesn't strike me as a string-puller. He's muscle, plain and simple.

Yeah, Crossbones showing up for TA2 didn't make much sense. Even from the MoE angle....everybody seems to be envisioning the MoE the same way they're envisioning the Avengers, as just an "all-star" team that'll recruit anybody and everybody with super powers. Truth of the matter is that the MoE has been very selective over the decades, and its roster contains a whole ****load of minor/forgotten villains that even die-hard comic book geeks wouldn't recognize.

17. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

that's what i am thinking, as like thanos minions

Yeah. Idk though, I mean, maybe he still will appear? He didn't wxactly say he WONT appear in it. *shrugs*

18. cherokeesam

Maybe....depends on how many films they've got Grillo signed for. Marvel Studios has a tendency to give multi-film contracts to everyone except Iron Man villains (who have a tendency to get killed in their debut; sorry, Mandarin).

19. Slushy

Slushy Well-Known Member

Right!

It had a good cast. Jamie King, Iceman, Rigg and Gus from SAW II, Jessica from True Blood, and the ever graceful Rebecca De Mornay (all I could do was chant "You still got it!)

20. marvel_freshman

marvel_freshman Well-Known Member

I still kind of think he'll be in The Avengers. I think that's part of the reason Marvel were so upset with him. And that Matthew is pretty much trying to retract what he said to make Marvel happy. Of course, Marvel could just be upset about Grillo confirming he'll be in multiple movies.

21. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

That's what I was thinking

22. BullMcGiveny

BullMcGiveny Probably Disagree

Nah.

Crossbones as a big bad instead of an enforcer? Can't see it.

23. Rowsdower!

Rowsdower! Well-Known Member

Well, if the Red Skull truly isn't coming back then they might rework Crossbones as something of a fanatical successor. That, of course, would likely draw comparison's to Nolan's version of Bane taking over for Ra's (and it wouldn't help that the two characters look very similar). But that could be the direction they're headed.

Also, check out the trailer to Lay the Favorite. Grillo is in it briefly, and he's already looks JACKED.

24. metaphysician

metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

I think its much more likely that Crossbones will just switch masters, to whatever the Big Bad of Cap 2 turns out to be. Hopefully Zemo.

25. Fives

Fives Well-Known Member

I think Crossbones is a good personal villain for Cap so I wouldn't mind seeing him appear in at least another film. Hopefully they don't kill him off at the end of TWS so he can come back later causing trouble for Cap somehow.