CW to reboot Dynasty

It's not.

But good lord, the girl fights can be entertaining.

I freaking love the over the top drama and diva fights. I miss that level of diva, you don’t see it enough these days.

Gosh Alexis has been well cast

I am loving this series.

Cristal is getting a bit bland but Fallon is iconic. One of the best characters on tv currently

It seems really odd for Fallon to be fighting Alexis. That doesn't seem quite appropriate for mother and daughter.

It would seem more fitting for Fallon and Cristal to fight, or Cristal and Alexis, or Alexis and anyone else.

On another note, here are some old 80s Martini commercials of Nicollette Sheridan I found. I always enjoyed these back then and thought she was really cute, but didn't know it was her at the time. They were before she was famous.

[YT]_nCMv48KeGU[/YT]

[YT]Zo1X6CiWKyE[/YT]

Nicollette looked more like Amanda Carrington (Catherine Oxenberg) back in the 80s. She could've easily played her in the original Dynasty, or replaced her when she left and was recast with an inferior version.

Last edited:
I don’t agree, they’re both alpha women and they’re also daughter and mother. Daughters and mothers have the most devastating battles trust me.

Plus, Alexis did abandon her

'Dynasty' Season 2 Synopsis Released

Off the first season’s shocking finale and fatal fire, the resilient Carringtons will rise from the ashes to redefine themselves after a major personal loss, as well as the sale of their family’s company. Determined to prove herself the savior of their empire, the cunning and charismatic Fallon (Elizabeth Gillies) will attempt to rebrand her family’s dynasty, but a twenty-five year old in charge of liquid billions just might turn out to be a disastrous combination. Almost as disastrous as Fallon’s romances... She finds herself falling in love with a man whose family is wealthier and crazier than her own and of whom Blake (Grant Show) does not approve. Nor does Alexis (Nicollette Sheridan), who will find new ways to meddle in her daughter’s life as only a mother can. Meanwhile, the rivalry between the Colbys and Carringtons heats up, and the families embark on Atlanta’s most outrageous pissing contest, causing new Colbys to come out of the woodwork, namely Blake’s stepsister, the iconic Dominique Deveraux, and the arrival of Anders’ (Alan Dale) daughter threatens to shake things up when she unpacks her trunk-load of secrets about the Carrington family. Despite all of these rocky relationships, and even more surprise guests slated to rear their heads in Season Two, the Carringtons will once again prove that blood is thicker than oil, and that there’s nothing like the diamond-encrusted ties that bind. From CBS Television Studios in association with Fake Empire, with executive producers Josh Schwartz (“Gossip Girl”), Stephanie Savage (“Gossip Girl”), Sallie Patrick (“Revenge”), Esther and Richard Shapiro (the creators of the original “Dynasty”) and Brad Silberling (“Jane The Virgin”).

Is Dominique Dereteaux going to be black again or are they planning a race swap this time like they've changed everything else?

And is Anders's daughter going to be called Kirby?

They're bringing these characters out in a different order to the original. Kirby got involved with Adam Carrington, who isn't here yet.

The actress who plays Cristal Carrington has been fired. No word if they will recast or not.

Wow, I wonder what happened.

Well they can recast. Just pull the plot from the end of the original series where Crystal had some brain tumour or something and had to go away for a while. When she comes back she can be a new person.

I wonder what caused her to get fired? Maybe she was a safety hazard and pulled too many unsafe stunts, one of which hit Damon Wayans on the back of the head. :o

fccaf8691aed0f1a035a2adeefdafb0f.jpg

Dynasty season 2: Release date, cast, spoilers and everything you need to know

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/f...-season-2-release-date-cast-trailer-spoilers/

Yaaaas I’m dying for more especially now that Rupaul is finished

Cristal is being recast.

ana-brenda-2.jpg

Dynasty is doing a Cristal swap. CW president Mark Pedowitz announced Monday at the Television Critics Assoc. summer press tour that Nathalie Kelley will not be returning as Cristal in Season 2, as the character will succumb to the injuries she sustained in the Season 1 finale. However, in a twist, Ana-Brenda Contreras (pictured, right) is joining the cast as… “the real Cristal.”

Pedowitz said the decision to recast the pivotal character was creatively driven, adding that it was made midway through the first season. “It’s a wild soap,” Pedowitz said of the twist. “These are things you do on a soap.” (In the Season 1 finale, Cristal was shot in the belly and trapped in a raging inferno.)

The departure of Cristal No. 1 was spoiled by now-former cast member Kelley, who told E! News in June that “I won’t be returning for Season 2.” Count Pedowitz among those caught off-guard by the interview. “I was a little surprised Nathalie spoke of the spoiler,” he shared.
https://tvline.com/2018/08/06/nathalie-kelley-leaving-dynasty-season-2-cristal-recast/

Pretty typical. So the Cristal from earlier was an imposter.

Watch they get Vivica Fox to play Dominique. Or if the Colby’s are black now, she could be Sable.

This series lacks the OG’s series class.

Wat? So she died but came back as a different actress? I’m a bit confused.

I don’t mean any ill will to the actress but I think she maybe didn’t get the memo that this role requires an over the top performance. She probably played it a bit too soft

Dynasty is doing a Cristal swap. CW president Mark Pedowitz announced Monday at the Television Critics Assoc. summer press tour that Nathalie Kelley will not be returning as Cristal in Season 2, as the character will succumb to the injuries she sustained in the Season 1 finale. However, in a twist, Ana-Brenda Contreras is joining the cast as… “the real Cristal.”

Who wants to bet “the real Cristal” will turn out to be just an impostor and Nathalie Kelley's character will come back alive in Season 3?

Well, first Cristal had to get her ID from somewhere. Granted, she will likely return, but real Cristal is likely real Cristal.

What do they mean by the real Cristal? So Blake Carrington met someone else who was never actually Cristal all this time? Or she was replaced at some point by an imposter and he was too busy that he never noticed?

In the original Dynasty, Krystle was replaced by an imposter for a period of time, but still played by Linda Evans. The real Krystle was held captive while the imposter poisoned Blake with medicine that gave him a weak heart. But eventually the real Krystle escaped and there was a cat fight between the real and fake one.

The Cristal Blake married was using a false identity. Remember, she fled central america. It makes sense that the ID she stole may have been from someone who was still alive.

The Cristal Blake married was using a false identity. Remember, she fled central america. It makes sense that the ID she stole may have been from someone who was still alive.

I see. So if the real Cristal comes back, then that doesn't automatically mean that Blake is going to be attracted to her and that she will become his wife. They might not even get on. She might have a completely different personality.

And it would seem a bit weird to just replace one person as your wife you thought was Cristal with another person who is actually the real Cristal whom you never knew all this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"