Dammit, Janet! The official Wasp thread

I recently watched Cabin In The Woods and I think Amy Acker would be a good choice for Janet. She was in Angel as well. She's got the perfect mix of nerdy, funny and sexy like Janet.

I know. But making everyone and everything in the world connected cheapens the "universe" thing they're going for and makes it seem really small. There's no reason to tie together stuff that doesn't need to be tied.
Agree ti dissagree then. Thats fine. I think it would be a great idea. Would show connections to other characters and movies without really trying or pointing it out.

Nobody should play Janet. Unless she is just a scientist. I hated her in secret wars, hated her in A:EMH, hated her in every comic i have seen her in. Keep her out

Nobody should play Janet. Unless she is just a scientist. I hated her in secret wars, hated her in A:EMH, hated her in every comic i have seen her in. Keep her out

Or maybe you just don't watch the movie instead of having to satisfy you.

I think they need Janet. Not just because she is a crusial character from the comics, or one of the original Avengers. And not just because she is a big time Marvel female character, not just a side character but a main superhero character. And not just because she is a main character in Ant Man, but also because she is a character that is needed for the movie I think. If Hank is shown to be the character he is in the comics, she will be needed to help humanize him I think. If he is a solely science minded genious who becomes a super spy the audience might fight Hank hard to relate to and hard to like perhaps.

Janet is the normal Avenger/superhero and a POV character for the audience. She was the one who pointes out when other characters are acting like jerks and was the glue that held the Avengers together.

The whole unstable superhero group question that was brought up to Fury in the Avengers could be answered by a character like Wasp. She really pushed the team aspect.

Janet was also used as the audience voice to ask questions to scientific genuis like Pym or Stark when they are coming up with some plan of tech in a story as a way of explaining it to the audience.

In terms of her relationship with Hank Pym they are partners be it in a relationship or a superheroes. Ant-Man and Wasp are like Batman and Robin or Mr Fantastic and the Invisable Woman.

Janet is also a typical Whedon-type of character, so I'm sure he'd want to use her in a future movie.

Sorry, but you're going to have to come to grips with the idea that she will eventually be part of the team. She's essential to Avengers lore.

they dumbed her ALL the way down, and made her comic relief.
But this doesn't deter me from liking and wanting her character.

I wonder if they will go the Ultimate route, make her a mutant, and Pym's shrinking based off of the super soldier serum, or just say screw it and use Pym particles?

or....

the Tesseract has fragments saved by SHIELD and they tapped into the power of it in various ways, such as SHRINKING objects.

this is no reason to not have her in the film. :doh:

i dont like wonder woman, doesnt mean i dont want her in the justice league movie.

I wonder if they will go the Ultimate route, make her a mutant, and Pym's shrinking based off of the super soldier serum, or just say screw it and use Pym particles?

or....

the Tesseract has fragments saved by SHIELD and they tapped into the power of it in various ways, such as SHRINKING objects.
I don't think Marvel is going to touch the mutant stuff as it might give Fox a chance to sue them again.

I don't think Pym's particles should come from the super soldier serum or Tesseract. I think it would be better if its something he just discovers during his research like in the comics.

Wright has said nanotechnology is going to play a role in Ant-Man and its rumored Iron Man 3 with its Extremis military nanotechnology serum plotline might have some stuff than ties into Ant-Man.

Last edited:

or....

I am thinking she wont be a mutant, since Fox (I think it is) owns the X-Men rights and Wolverine so they basically own the rights to the idea of Mutants on the big screen. Which unfortunately also means no Scarlet Witch or Quicksilver I think.
I think they will go with the traditional rout but mix in Ultimate elements, like have Pym invent the Pym particles but maybe have them mutate her instead of mechanical wings or something. They are pretty good about using the classic comic stuff and mixing in Ultiamte elements to make it more accessible. So whatever they do I am sure it will be close enough to the comics.
I am thinking that Janet could be Pym's financial backer for his experiments (and I'd love Bill Foster and Scott Lang to be in the lab to working for Pym) and he is called into to be a spy for SHIELD and she comes with him and becomes his partner.
Or perhaps he is already a SHIELD scientist, needing no backer, and Janet is his lab assistant. Or, again, maybe she funds SHIELD research with her vast fortune.

According to Kevin Feige Marvel share the rights with Fox on Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.

We don't know the plot for Ant-Man but I think the 616 origin would works fine with Hank work for Janets father and then when he dies Janet taking over the company and teaming up with Hank to avenge his death. Janet can me an exec in her fathers company already before her fathers death.

According to Kevin Feige Marvel share the rights with Fox on Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.

We don't know the plot for Ant-Man but I think the 616 origin would works fine with Hank work for Janets father and then when he dies Janet taking over the company and teaming up with Hank to avenge his death. Janet can me an exec in her fathers company already before her fathers death.

Lauren Cohan could potentially work as Janet. She played a similar type of character (initially) on Chuck.

Lauren Cohan could potentially work as Janet. She played a similar type of character (initially) on Chuck.

I loved her in that role. And while I think she's absolutely gorgeous, a perfect age, a talented actress. Even when she was good, she wasn't bubbly and perky, which is important to Jan's character.

Not saying she couldn't be...the profession IS called acting after all.

Sure, just replace the other dimensional space monster with the terrorist science group AIM. Sure. (I still want Bill Foster and Scott Lang to be working in the lab too.)

I would like to see Bill Foster as well. It should be pretty easy with him being connected to Hank Pym and Tony Stark.

Last edited:
With Heimdall, Nick Fury, War Machine and possibly Falcon in Cap America 2 the black dude quoter must be maintained :funny:

Sorry, but you're going to have to come to grips with the idea that she will eventually be part of the team. She's essential to Avengers lore.

I know :/

this is no reason to not have her in the film. :doh:

i dont like wonder woman, doesnt mean i dont want her in the justice league movie.

I know, but that is how I am. I dislike her THAT strongly, that it actually justifies my desire to not see her appear. Remember, we are different people

I've heard rumors that Anna Kendrick was a possible contender can anyone confirm this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"