Dammit, Janet! The official Wasp thread

I've heard rumors that Anna Kendrick was a possible contender can anyone confirm this?
She is a contender for a role in Captain America.

There isn't any news about Ant-Man casting yet. If Edgar Wright is filming it next year then I doubt we will hear any casting news until 2013.

Agreed. Even if they never give him powers, it would be a nice nod.
Since its written into Ant Man, the actor could leave the character of Ant Man for Giant Man and then leave that identity for Yellow Jacket. So those two identities would be left wide open for possible spin offs. Bill Foster could become Giant Man (his own version not him in Pym's costume) and it could eventually lead to his nephew becoming Giant Man down the line what that actor leaves.
and Scott Lang could become the new Ant Man. Lang's story could even include his daughter (who becomes Stature) who could even be mentioned or shown in the Ant Man movie. His story could be a switch from Pym's Ant Man, from a damaged scientist to a more blue collar hero/father and family man. And perhaps down the line in Lang's Ant Man his daughter could even become Stature. And who knows, lead into the Young Avengers perhaps?
All I am saying is setting up these two early on not only adds friends and colleagues for Pym, and stories that happened before the movie started, but it also hints at the character's futures without hitting the audience over the head, and gives Marvel even more spin offs they can make money on.
All this could even start happening while Pym becomes an Avenger or as soon as he drops that identity. At the end of Ant Man 1, lets say, Pym changes to Giant Man and the next summer its revealed that Lang will become the new Ant Man in Ant Man 2.

I am thinking she wont be a mutant, since Fox (I think it is) owns the X-Men rights and Wolverine so they basically own the rights to the idea of Mutants on the big screen. Which unfortunately also means no Scarlet Witch or Quicksilver I think.

Sorry to go slightly OT but I think FOX sold the characters of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver to MARVEL STUDIOS.

searched all over and didnt see a single suggestion for Mandy. Whys that?

20060127Mandy.Moore.HQ.04.jpg

Sorry to go slightly OT but I think FOX sold the characters of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver to MARVEL STUDIOS.
That would be great, they make better Avengers than X-Men I think.
But what I meant was that since Fox has been making all those X-Men movies and Wolverine movies and using all those characters (Quicksilver in Wolverine) I think they own the rights to the concept of Mutants. So I don't think they can use the concept of Mutants in the Avengers. Which, if that is the case, they couldn't make Quicksilver or Scarlet Witch Mutants. I don't know though, I could be wrong about that.

Janet is also a typical Whedon-type of character, so I'm sure he'd want to use her in a future movie.

Maybe Sarah Michelle Gellar could be Janet/Wasp but Joss Whedon would probably go with Allison Hannigan.

That would be great, they make better Avengers than X-Men I think.
But what I meant was that since Fox has been making all those X-Men movies and Wolverine movies and using all those characters (Quicksilver in Wolverine) I think they own the rights to the concept of Mutants. So I don't think they can use the concept of Mutants in the Avengers. Which, if that is the case, they couldn't make Quicksilver or Scarlet Witch Mutants. I don't know though, I could be wrong about that.

I remember Feige saying somewhere that both Fox and marvel studios could use QS and SW. The characters are mutual, but if marvel uses them they definitely can't use the term mutant when stating their origins.

Maybe Sarah Michelle Gellar could be Janet/Wasp but Joss Whedon would probably go with Allison Hannigan.

Sarah Michelle Gellar as Wasp? No thanks.

I personally would rather see someone new as Wasp, not one of Whedon's already used actresses.

I remember Feige saying somewhere that both Fox and marvel studios could use QS and SW. The characters are mutual, but if marvel uses them they definitely can't use the term mutant when stating their origins.

I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem. Heroes managed to get through their whole series without ever using that term, but they were essentially mutants.

I'm really wanting Ultimate Wasp (Asian) but with her 616 personality.

I agree. I'll even take a bit of her A:EMH personality just to spice things up a bit. I don't think there are enough Asian actors/actresses in Hollywood productions. And none really so far in major superhero roles. Casting Janet Van Dyne with an Asian actress would make the Avengers multi-racial which would be nice.

Wasp really needs to be in the Ant-Man movie. I can see them as having great banter. Something like Tracy/Hepburn. I don't think we've really seen a great, fun, adventure couple since Raiders of the Lost Ark. And then they had to go an recast Indy's love interest in the next 2 films. They would and should rename it Ant-Man and Wasp.

I agree. I'll even take a bit of her A:EMH personality just to spice things up a bit. I don't think there are enough Asian actors/actresses in Hollywood productions. And none really so far in major superhero roles. Casting Janet Van Dyne with an Asian actress would make the Avengers multi-racial which would be nice.

Definitely this. Brenda Song is my choice for Janet Van Dyne.

Comics were pretty sexist in the 60s and Jan was basically a bimbo Paris Hilton type character back then

tumblr_m1gy26_F4jk1qdv42bo1_500.png

Thank god they changed her character for the better

lauren-cohen.jpg

It is my hope that Lauren Cohan gets the part of Janet/Wasp

Anyone have any ideas on what Wasp's costume should look like?

Yeah it should be that one, or at least have the biggest influence on what it should be.

Does anyone think we'll actually get Wasp in this film? I wouldn't put it past them to just have Janet sans powers for this Ant-Man film. Don't know if I'd be a fan of that, but that thought just entered my mind.

Yeah it should be that one, or at least have the biggest influence on what it should be.

Does anyone think we'll actually get Wasp in this film? I wouldn't put it past them to just have Janet sans powers for this Ant-Man film. Don't know if I'd be a fan of that, but that thought just entered my mind.

At this point, Janet Van Dyne hasn't even been announced yet. But I'm hoping after several rewrites, Kevin Feige has persuaded Wright to align his movie more with the MCU, and bring her into the picture.

I know she hasn't, I still would expect her to be in the movie, tied to the MCU or not though.

lauren-cohen.jpg

It is my hope that Lauren Cohan gets the part of Janet/Wasp

Cohan seems more like Wasp who led the Avengers than early Wasp. I'm sure she could play that, but I think naturally she seems more like leader Wasp. I don't think we'll ever get that version of Wasp though. I think Cohan might be better saved for a character who is more authoritative and commanding, and have an actress who does cute better for Jan.

Wait, so is this movie not taking place in the MCU?

Only according to a really old script by Edgar Wright, but that was before the MCU was even established as a joint universe. There could easily have been numerous rewrites since then. I don't want Wright to do his own thing.

I don't want Wright to do his own thing.
#:doh: God I hope not. There wouldn't be much sense in it. It will be difficult enough getting high numbers for this movie, seeming as the igronant will just see it as a movie about a man with ant powers :o. With Marvel this could be very sucsesful. You'd also get allot of outraged fans...I'm already raw with the prospect of having a Scott Lang based character rather than a Hank.

So now that Kendrick was not on the short list for the still all but confirmed Sharon Carter in CA2, that means she's free for Wasp hopefully. :awesome:

Its taking place in the MCU.

All Marvel Studios movies take place in the MCU.

I imagine it wouldn't be hard to add in a few things to tie Ant-Man more into the MCU if they wanted anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"