Daredevil reboot: official discussion thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they did a proper Daredevil movie, it could blow Nolan's Batman movies out of the water.

This movie has a budget now? I don't believe a single word. Is there any prove to that? any facts? anything else than wishful fanboy dreaming?

Alexei, what is the budget for the reboots? Please, provide a source with your figure.

Alexei, what is the budget for the reboots? Please, provide a source with your figure.

:doh: Don't you know it comes from the Belyakov Report? That's an official annual document issued by Fox to all employees after their AGM.

Quiet, you bullies. We're just ignorant fanboys with our heads up Marvel Studio's ass. Our opinions are irrelevant. :csad:

If they did a proper Daredevil movie, it could blow Nolan's Batman movies out of the water.

I think that may be stretching it. Done right, it would be very similar in tone and quality to Nolan's Bat films.

I doubt it. I'm no irrational Nolan fanboy, but Daredevil lacks the iconicity and memorable rogues gallery that Batman has.

I hope it gets a reboot someday because I would like to see another daredevil movie out soon.

^you will in a few years. Just try to ignore all the crap being spewed here about it not getting made. I really hope FOX announces the release date for DD this year so the FOX haters can start vacating this thread.

My gut instinct tells me ghis won't get made, but who knows... I'd say it's more likley Fox would make it than Marvel, they have quite a busy slate.

My gut instinct tells me ghis won't get made, but who knows... I'd say it's more likley Fox would make it than Marvel, they have quite a busy slate.

Both studios have alot on the horizon.

A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD (FOX) FEBRUARY
PERCY JACKSON: SEA OF MONSTERS (FOX) MARCH
IRON MAN 3 (MARVEL STUDIOS) MAY
THE WOLVERINE (FOX) JULY
THOR II (MARVEL STUDIOS) NOVEMBER

CAPTAIN AMERICA 2 (MARVEL STUDIOS) APRIL
DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES (FOX) MAY
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (MARVEL STUDIOS) MAY
X-MEN FIRST CLASS SEQUEL (FOX) JULY
*ANT-MAN (MARVEL STUDIOS) NOVEMBER

AVENGERS 2 (MARVEL STUDIOS) MAY
DAREDEVIL (FOX) MAY/JUNE
FANTASTIC FOUR (FOX) JULY

Repeating your assumptions don't turn them into facts. Unless you ( or anybody else) can come up with believable sources that factually back your claims, I consider FF and DD to be in development hell and hope their rights return to MS soon.

Repeating your assumptions don't turn them into facts. Unless you ( or anybody else) can come up with believable sources that factually back your claims, I consider FF and DD to be in development hell and hope their rights return to MS soon.

Wishful fanboy dreaming.

FF and DD won't be given back to Marvel. Probably ever (unless 20th century fox goes out of business, which it won't anytime soon)

Who should be the villains in the next DD movie? I wouldn't mind seeing Kingpin again, but I don't think they should use Bullseye again, at least not right away. I wouldn't mind seeing someone else, like Typhoid Mary or Purple Man. A gang war between Kingpin and Owl could also be interesting.

kingpin and owl save bullseye for the sequel

The Owl should be the first villain, or maybe even just a team of famous mobsters. Then have it end with the Kingpin stepping up to take over their part as head of New York's crime underworld. I want them to do something with the Purple Man as well.

The Owl should be the first villain, or maybe even just a team of famous mobsters. Then have it end with the Kingpin stepping up to take over their part as head of New York's crime underworld. I want them to do something with the Purple Man as well.

I don't think Owl is interesting or unique enough to carry a movie on his own. I think Owl works best as a rival for Kingpin, a more violent crime boss who contrasts against Kingpin's calm and in control style. Owl is just not very interesting on his own, he is a crime boss like Kingpin, but Kingpin has a better name, a better look and better written stories. There is no point in having Owl if you are not using him for a gang war story. There is no point in having a less interesting crime boss before Kingpin.

I think he's chosen to ignore your request.

Hey Lexi, If they are being released in 2015 as you say they will they would HAVE to be in active production by 2014 and should have the director and lead cast by 2013, correct? So at what point would you consider these properties to be in development hell?

Last edited:
Hey Lexi, If they are being released in 2015 as you say they will they would HAVE to be in active production by 2014 and should have the director and lead cast by 2013, correct? So at what point would you consider these properties to be in development hell?

Well, by normal standards, a film with a release date should enter pre-pro no sooner than 18 months prior to said release date.

I predict DD will come out in late May/early June of 2015. That means pre-pro has to begin in early 2014. If DD has not entered pre-pro by September of 2014, then it is officially in development hell and FOX will have no line-up for the summer of 2015.

But that won't happen.

Also, we will be hearing release date/casting announcements in less than a year for both reboots.

Once again, nice prediction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"