MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to comment on this one thing, this isn't what TDK is about, at all. The very fact that at the end of the film he quits being Batman is pretty much the opposite of 'Learning that Batman is who he is and there is no escape from it' He quits because the organized crime was stopped and his girlfriend died and he was all sad about that.

I was hoping with the approaching BvS and that fact that it has been 6 years since TDK came out, that all the 15-year-old emo *****es that loved that movie would've grown up and realized its nothing special at all and spits in the face of a lot of history and tone of the characters (Two-Face anyone?). Nolan didn't like Batman or comic books, he wanted to tell his pretentious little story and that was it. Heath was great as the Joker, but even that was blown out of proportion.

I guess we all have to suffer the Nolanite syndrome for a few more years at least. Maybe one day people will understand that 'super-serious' and 'grimdark' don't necessarily equate to 'good' and 'intellectual'. Its ok to laugh and be taken seriously at the same time.

:doh:

No one is saying that a movie needs to be only grimdark and super-serious, and that you can’t have one without the other. The issue is balance, if you have too much humour, audiences tend not to take the serious parts so seriously, likewise, if one you have too much serious stuff then it’s a dull experience.

Fantastic job with the straw man argument. You cluster people into categories such as Nolanites and “15-year old emo *****es” pretty clearly. Also, pretentious story? In what way? Just because it doesn’t translate the comic books ad verbatim? So you call people names for liking a movie you don’t seem to hold in as high regards as them, but it’s okay for you whine when you don’t get what you want? It’s alright to dislike or find a movie average, but let’s not resort to straw men or insults.

I guess we all have to suffer the Nolanite syndrome for a few more years at least. Maybe one day people will understand that 'super-serious' and 'grimdark' don't necessarily equate to 'good' and 'intellectual'. Its ok to laugh and be taken seriously at the same time.

This

I heard that Loki and Heimdall will be in Age of Ultron, anyone knows if thats true?

It came from the mouth of Heimdall himself, so I'm guessing it's true.

Interesting....AoU better be 3 hours long :o

^
Probably related to the dream/vision sequence that Thor experiences under the spell of Wanda

I don't know if there's enough of a story for him, but we could've potentially had a Thanos movie inserted in somewhere, either before or between Infinity War 1.

It could've told things from his perspective and focused on his backstory. As I said though, I don't know if there's enough there to sustain a whole movie.

But the way I see most of Phase 3 is similar to the last 6 or so episodes of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine where it had this huge, overarching plot about the Dominion War but each episode told a different aspect of it. Some focused more on the Cardassians and Gul Dukat, while others were on the Bajorans or Starfleet. Each built up to the final episode, and it was very well plotted and thought out so that everything counted.

Maybe Phase 3 will be like that, with Inhumans and Capt Marvel just focusing on a different aspect of the war, so that it doesn't feel like Marvel are completely starting from scratch with these characters. That way audiences will already feel quite invested in them even before they've watched the movie.

It's either a hallucination caused by Ultron or Scarlet Witch, or perhaps just a cameo to set up for Thor: Ragnarok.

I wonder how long will be taken up just by SW-induced visions for different team members.

I remember a rumor saying that by the end of AoU, Asgard would be at odds with Earth. Heimdall and Loki being in this movie seem to add weight to that rumor. I think that Thor goes home to Asgard at the end of AoU, and that will be why Earth won't play a huge part in Ragnarok. The humans will be busy with civil war and other troubles, while the Asgardians have their hands full with matters like Surtur and Ragnarok. But by Infinity War, Thor returns and unites his Asgardian forces wth Earth to fight against Thanos. At least, that's how I hope it happens.

I'm thinking maybe SW doesn't give Thor a hallucination or nightmare, but rather gives him clarity. A vision of the truth, showing him that who he believes is Odin is not, and showing him why he needs to return to Asgard and finally deal with his family issues once and for all. Plus if they make Loki usurping Odin part of the Ragnarok prophecy for the MCU, it would be all the reason Thor would need to bail earth by the end of the film to head back home for T:R

Lol Thor will be racing off at the end of every Avengers film to deal with Loki in Asgard.

What Disney should do is sink as much money as they can and retain the rights to all there other characters. They need to bring X-Men, Spiderman and any other characters back in to the fold. If they do this it will open them up to so many more possibilities. However that isn't the case at the moment.

That would be great, BUT... on the other side, as we have it now, we got more movies.
Okay - looking at the Amazing Spiderman movies in my opinion also some bad ones - but i like the last two x-men movies for example!

So, would Marvel produce more movies, if they would have all the rights?
Probably not more then they do now...
Therefore, i think, it is great like it is - at least for the next 5-6 years!

But maybe the movies - i am looking again at Amazing Spiderman - would be better!
What could be done if someone "good" would work out the Spiderman franchise. Could be amazing (not like the Amazing Spiderman we see now)

What could be done if someone "good" would work out the Spiderman franchise. Could be amazing (not like the Amazing Spiderman we see now)

Joss Whedon's Amazing Spider-Man. Gents, begin your drooling. His take on Doc Ock would top Raimi's any day of the week, not to mention Venom or GG.

That would be great, BUT... on the other side, as we have it now, we got more movies.
Okay - looking at the Amazing Spiderman movies in my opinion also some bad ones - but i like the last two x-men movies for example!

So, would Marvel produce more movies, if they would have all the rights?
Probably not more then they do now...
Therefore, i think, it is great like it is - at least for the next 5-6 years!

I'm perfectly fine with X-Men staying separate. They've always felt separate anyway and the universe is far too dense. While I go back and forth on Spidey, the Fantastic Four should come back immediately. But I digress as there is another thread for that Gordian Knot.

No more Batman/Nolan talk in here. End that discusssion NOW!

there is so much marvel studios could do with those properties if they had them all. fantastic four may effect brand wide events more but they could still have avengers verses x-men eventually, could still have spider-man wanting to join the FF and his relationship with the team. these things can't happen as things are. a young spidey looking up to fully fledged avengers works and he'd be contemporary to young mutants and the human torch. it's really a next generation thing in the beginning. a next generation most of the public are scared of but for johnny.

NO!! CW is bad enough, I never want to see the Avenger vs. X-Men garbage in the movies, EVER!! Plus the X-Men have always kind of existed in their own little world and their inclusion in the greater MU tends to open up a problematic can of worms (as the current comics are showing).

NO!! CW is bad enough, I never want to see the Avenger vs. X-Men garbage in the movies, EVER!! Plus the X-Men have always kind of existed in their own little world and their inclusion in the greater MU tends to open up a problematic can of worms (as the current comics are showing).

This.

And speaking of the X-Men, I have no clue how Marvel will manage to integrate them in the MCU whenever the rights revert, at least not without doing a major retcon or letting their universe age via real time. Spidey and the FF I can see brought in at any time, but the X-Men will arguably open up a bigger can of worms than even in the comics.

I think they'd have to start from scratch with X-Men if they wanted them in the MCU due to the time travel. But that would be good in many ways as X-Men back in 2000 although a great effort under the circumstances was a severely restricted film (no studio confidence and little backing, late budget cuts and working around a post B&R backlash) and those foundations restricted the future of the X-universe. You know if X-Men were an untouched property being released for the 1st time in 2015 it would be a lot more ambitious with either Fox or Marvel in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"