MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ The rumor is Black Bolt in Inhumans. I don't think he fits well in either of those two movies nor is there any reason to think it would be one of those two movies.

X-Men won't revert since Fox is actually doing a good job with the franchise. Fox is having their last chance with the FF and if they somehow aren't able to score a hit, they should just sell the rights back and call it a day.

Sony on the other hand, should sell back Spider-Man. They had their shot. They've ruined the popular perception of the character. They should throw in the towel and admit that they screwed up.

Not too long ago, it was easy to say the same about X-Men after they had two undoubted clunkers in a row. Then First Class came and saved things (followed by Wolverine, which was weaker but still decent and Days of Future Past, which is widely loved). All it takes is one or two movies for Spider-Man to be in the same path. I guess the debate is whether the first Amazing Spider-Man is at least a decent movie (73% RT Score, higher than The Wolverine). If it is, then we're talking two clunkers with an OK movie in the middle. I think they are entitled to at least one more chance there before it gets put in the category of Fantastic Four, which has had no successful movie ever.

ETA: Ooh, that's creepy. Posted in two threads at the exact same time :D

maybe inhumans was for 2016 before they got excited about guardians of the galaxy and that pushed everything else back (most phase one films got delayed from the initial announcement based on a similar hiccup). so inhumans could be 2017 or later depending on if they've given precedence to captain marvel or black panther. i do remember vin diesel talking about brands colliding which doesn't fit with any of that though.

i think any runaways film would be done by disney animation like big hero 6; at least if one were to be done within the next 2 decades.

What's the chronological order of the Phase Two films?

^ The rumor is Black Bolt in Inhumans. I don't think he fits well in either of those two movies nor is there any reason to think it would be one of those two movies.

Not too long ago, it was easy to say the same about X-Men after they had two undoubted clunkers in a row. Then First Class came and saved things (followed by Wolverine, which was weaker but still decent and Days of Future Past, which is widely loved). All it takes is one or two movies for Spider-Man to be in the same path. I guess the debate is whether the first Amazing Spider-Man is at least a decent movie (73% RT Score, higher than The Wolverine). If it is, then we're talking two clunkers with an OK movie in the middle. I think they are entitled to at least one more chance there before it gets put in the category of Fantastic Four, which has had no successful movie ever.

ETA: Ooh, that's creepy. Posted in two threads at the exact same time :D
The thing is Spidey is just one character. It's much harder to keep interest over a long time when you're releasing a film every 3 years. While with an X-Men you have about 50 characters to choose from for your main team. You can go back in time and at any time completely change your lineup. TASM was fine to me and set the stage for something better but just one film later and the whole issue of rights are back in focus. With something like X-Men they'll have many chances to come back by doing something completely different which is harder with Spidey.

That's what I figured. Just wanted to make sure. Thank you, good sir.

The thing is Spidey is just one character. It's much harder to keep interest over a long time when you're releasing a film every 3 years. While with an X-Men you have about 50 characters to choose from for your main team. You can go back in time and at any time completely change your lineup. TASM was fine to me and set the stage for something better but just one film later and the whole issue of rights are back in focus. With something like X-Men they'll have many chances to come back by doing something completely different which is harder with Spidey.

Well, to be fair, they are trying something completely different because the goal is Sinister Six next. They're also still apparently considering a Venom movie and maybe a Black Cat movie. Now I'm not at all convinced that all these ideas will pan out, but they are trying to freshen things up a bit at least.

Well, to be fair, they are trying something completely different because the goal is Sinister Six next. They're also still apparently considering a Venom movie and maybe a Black Cat movie. Now I'm not at all convinced that all these ideas will pan out, but they are trying to freshen things up a bit at least.
I thought most of these plans were cancelled :huh:

Yes, good points but they kind of highlight the issue. Even Sony recognise the need to freshen things up rather than diving straight into TASM3 or trying a 2nd reboot in a short space of time, but are limited to just one character's allies and rogue's gallery to use. When Fox came to the same conclusion they basically replaced nearly the whole team and went back in time. And Spider-man is one of the most compelling characters. Any of the solo X-Men including Wolverine would have an even harder time of coming back after a 5th film within a series recently rebooted was met with a bad reception.

In regards to Black Panther, I don't see Reginald Hudlin involved in the movie in any way at all because I don't see him conforming to what Feige wants from the movie.

I believe that Marvel will want someone the same age as Charlie Cox (32) or the three guys named Chris (31-35) to play Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Jessica Jones, Luke especially.

I need your help: somewhere in my Twitter feed today an article popped up about Guy Ritchie meeting with Marvel Studios. I now have time to read it, but the tweet is either deleted or I can't find it. I tried to google it but couldn't find the article. Anyone of you got the link?

Yeah, I changed it. Not exactly sure why it is banned.

But that was the only thing that came up on the "Guy Ritchie Marvel" google search.

Who wants to see these two together in a movie?

mocking_bird_and_hawkeye_by_ralphuniverse-d84czny.jpg

I thought most of these plans were cancelled :huh:

Not officially. Sinister Six was pushed back in date (and no date announced for the rest), but there's no indication they've been canceled and I've seen stories of studio plans even after TASM2 debuted.

i think tomorrow's presser is going to reveal spiderman back with marvel...

i think tomorrow's presser is going to reveal spiderman back with marvel...

The fact that there was a rumor of Sony allowing Marvel to use Spider-Man a couple of weeks before the announcement of Civil War story line in Cap 3 would not be too surprising.

Hoping/guessing it's DS announcing MCU phase 3 movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"