• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Daredevil reboot: official discussion thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matthew Vaughn came onto first Class In may 2010 and In four months later the film
was In production.2015 Is not crazy to Imagne for Daredevil and FF.

I would have thought Fox would need to get on DD very soon. Next year it will be 10 years since the first one was released so won't the rights expire very soon?

I know they made that crappy Elektra movie but if I remember right that came out not too long after. 2004 or 2005

i would have thought fox would need to get on dd very soon. Next year it will be 10 years since the first one was released so won't the rights expire very soon?

I know they made that crappy elektra movie but if i remember right that came out not too long after. 2004 or 2005

The Owl should be the first villain, or maybe even just a team of famous mobsters. Then have it end with the Kingpin stepping up to take over their part as head of New York's crime underworld. I want them to do something with the Purple Man as well.

I'm writing a script for a Daredevil film. It features several characters that fans would love but they don't feel forced. I have a killer ending as well which would look visually amazing.

My characters are:

DD/Matt
Foggy Nelson
Karen Page

The Owl
Kingpin
Gladiator

oh and it involves a version of MGH.

Ok wow such a long time. Well for me the rights returning to Marvel are not necessarily a good thing. Fox seems to be interested in making a movie soon where as it might not be on Marvels priority list right now.

Well I always thought Hartnett would be good so :up:

It's not like Joss Hartnett has alot of projects lining up so he could be up for it. Btw, after Pearl Harbor I thought he was going to be the next big thing in Hollywood, but his career has been mostly misses with a few hits since, and I can't even remember what other hits he had besides Black Hawk Down.

Harnett would be ok in the role. Probably not the best choice though. That being said..... That's a huge grain of salt of news. He's just agreeing with her

I find it sad that so many Marvel characters have been screwed and need to be re-booted; Punisher, F4, Ghost Rider and Daredevil. Especially seeing that the DD costume and the GR looks in their respective movies were spot on.

In order to differentiate these from the re-boot costumes, the studios will be forced to change the looks so ppl won't get confused...and that could mean we'll end up getting some stylish crap like the ASM costume had to to differentiate it from the Raimi series costume.... :down:

i think they can do DD costume much better

ben looked so restricted in that leather outfit

i think they can do DD costume much better

ben looked so restricted in that leather outfit

According to Mark Steven Johnson, the director of DD, he said Fox originally wanted something that is a further departure from the comics but he made the leather outfit as a compromise. I do think they can do much better than that, though.

well those harnett rumors lasted long haha

@DAVID_A_SLADE
Yep, nope, Josh Hartnet is not being discussed or anyone else for DD that was just some wishful thinking, we are not at casting stage.

@DAVID_A_SLADE
I had the pleasure of working with Josh on 30 Days, an excellent and under rated actor and a wonderful human being.

@DAVID_A_SLADE More DD debunking I am firmly against shooting in stereo so its unlikely to happen that way, & Fox is rightly against 2D to 3D conversions.

Yeah..... See this is why twitter really isn't the best place for movie news. It's fun to watch though

I hope Daredevil comes home to Marvel. IMO DD would be great in the MCU as a TV show. HBO?

I hope Daredevil comes home to Marvel. IMO DD would be great in the MCU as a TV show. HBO?
i dont marvel can take FF but DD doesn't fit with their universe

DD is a street hero very crime drama like

i dont marvel can take FF but DD doesn't fit with their universe

DD is a street hero very crime drama like

I undrerstand what you're saying. I think DD does need to be darker for it to work. But it would be a great way for the MCU to expand, both into TV and into darker stories. It would also be great to bring in the punisher IMO. also characters like kingpin would add a lot to the MCU. There's the hydra connection with kingpin in the comics. did they ever explain in the comics how the kingpin is so strong? that might be a cool connection if the kingpin got his hand on a variation of the super soldier serum or something like that.

I think Ben Foster would be an amazing Matt Murdock / Daredevil. He's worked with David Slade before (30 Days of Night), and he's such a great actor. Just check out The Messenger, 3:10 to Yuma, Hostage, or just about anything else he's done.
MV5BMTk4OTY1MTQxMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzQ5MjU0Nw@@._V1._SX640_SY597_.jpg

Mark Duplass (Safety Not Guaranteed, The League, The Puffy Chair) would be the perfect Foggy Nelson. He's a good actor and would provide good comedic foil for Foster while still bringing dramatic chops.
93427513-fca7-47dd-b06b-e2fecf0a3e23.jpg

Vincent D'Onofrio (Men In Black, Full Metal Jacket, Law And Order: CI) is perfect. He's a big, intimidating presence, and one hell of an actor.
vincent-donofrio.jpg

Bullseye - Walton Goggins (Justified, The Shield) is one of the most underrated actors around, and would be terrifying as Bullseye.
Walton-Goggins_fix_jpg_595x325_crop_upscale_q85.jpg

Elektra - Olivia Wilde (Cowboys And Aliens, In Time, House). Beautiful, classy, exotic, sexy, and she can play tough.
olivia_wilde_fox_all-star_party_1.jpg

Karen Page - Kristen Bell (Veronica Mars) is very talented, but really hasn't had a movie role that really let her shine. As Karen, she'd get to go from meek secretary to romantic lead to drugged out desperation. I think she can handle it.
Kristen+Bell+Hot+Pics.jpg

Ben Urich - Richard Jenkins. (Burn After Reading, The Visitor, Step Brothers). The end.
richard-jenkins-step-brothers-los-angeles-premiere-arrivals-0NAghY.jpg

Last edited:
I think Hartnet would be a great cast. Very charming guy. It would also sell with the female demographic.

I think Hartnet would be a great cast. Very charming guy. It would also sell with the female demographic.

id agree with you if he were a current male hearthrob... which he's no longer relevant sadly. 10 years ago however... yeah, he'd bring in a female crowd.

id agree with you if he were a current male hearthrob... which he's no longer relevant sadly. 10 years ago however... yeah, he'd bring in a female crowd.

You don't think women still remember him? It's not like he was a former heart throb in the vain of Scott Baio who's spotlight died decades ago. The dude is only 33 years old. Plenty of life left in him to get the women swooning again. I'm sure all of his online fan clubs agree.

You don't think women still remember him? It's not like he was a former heart throb in the vain of Scott Baio who's spotlight died decades ago. The dude is only 33 years old. Plenty of life left in him to get the women swooning again. I'm sure all of his online fan clubs agree.

well, to be honest, like scott Baio, I feel his heart throb ability is kind stuck to a "generational" thing... yeah, people still like him, but he goes years without anyone seeing hide nor hair of him. He's not exactly a "popular" heart throb anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"