Daredevil reboot: official discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who should be the villains in the next DD movie? I think it be redundant to do Bullseye, Elektra and Kingpin again, they should only have one of those villains in the next movie and have some new villains instead of just recycling the same villains from the previous movie.

Maybe Gladiator working for the Kingpin.

I'd rather they do a tv show. Imagine a crime/court drama with a superhero in it. Make it gritty. Have the Kingpin in it but never show him. Make it mythical that there is a guy running all of NY's crime. Make a two hour pilot and base it on Frank Miller's The Man without Fear.

I think that is a great idea. We need more shows like that.

I think that is a great idea. We need more shows like that.

Start it off with the accident...his father's death,Stick finding him, and training him...meeting a young Elektra....leaving the ninja clan and going to law school...meeting Foggy....becoming lawyers.....watching criminal after criminal go scott free....deciding the system needs help....creating the Daredevil persona...Ben Urich....
.....this would be a show of epic proportions....a law procedural, with a superhero and super villians and ninjas

Id be cool with a tv show but it would have to be on a cable channel willing to dish out the bucks.

which probably wouldnt happen if DD gets picked back up by DIsney

Out of all the Marvel heroes, DareDevil would be most suited for a TV Show, it would be awesome, like Marvel's much better version of Smallville. Plus think if they can make Superman, someone who's not even human, relatable and run 10 seasons, then heck yeah Daredevil, especially a young DareDevil can definately work.

I mean people want to watch shows like Heroes, and Misfits, and Daredevil isn't that much of a stretch to these two.

dextere.jpg

Like your style - anyone who can recall any of my posts from the old thread nows how much I think MCH would be perfect as Matt Murdock.

:up:

Honestly if Marvel gets back DD's rights I don't think we'll see a film about him or Ghost Rider in a while.

A proper Daredevil movie could put the Nolan Batman movies to shame.

You know, it's funny, when Daredevil was released everyone said that a Batman movie should be like that.

I think of a show like Chicago Code when I think of Daredevil

I thought Gladiator was just a psychotic, how would someone who is too crazy to tell the difference between right and wrong be an effective merc?

He's worked with/been manipulated by other villains in the past. And if there were sequels we could see a reformed Melvin.

YES...Please re-boot!!

Should be "darker" and more mature. Set in 1980's crime ridden Hell's Kitchen NYC.

What is the status of Daredevil right now?

If its still under Fox, does that not mean the whole five year rule is basically kapoot and Fox basically gets to keep the rights and never do anything with them forever?

I would assume that Daredevil will be back in Marvel's hands by this year or the next. Fox hasn't said a word about DD in years.

Honestly, I salivate over the idea of Marvel getting the rights back since it opens up a lot of possibilities. If not a new movie maybe like a new animation or seeing Daredevil show up in cartoons again like Ultimate Spider-man or Avengers.

Like your style - anyone who can recall any of my posts from the old thread nows how much I think MCH would be perfect as Matt Murdock.

:up:
He would be great, but I don't think MCH would take it in fear of being typecast.

who would make a good younger (20s eearly 30s) Matt Murdock?

I like MCH (above) or Garrett Hedlund personally. Hedlund has already showed in Tron and Troy that he can do the physical aspects and fighting.

garrett-hedlund-12-12-10-kc.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks that the Ben Affleck movie actually wasn't a bad adaptation of the comics?

I love Daredevil. Pretty awesome character and major possibilities.

I think that he has amazing stories to tell especially the more recent Bendis run.

So much so that i think he would be better exploited as a television show. Sort of a crime series but with a twist. Keeping the same story arcs as the comics but tweaking them.

Plus it would be amazing if they could include Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow for a story arc. Other than that it wouldn't need any other ties to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

If they wanted films they could maybe have a film to kick off the series and then maybe one or two that fit into the tv show but are great standalone flicks.

There is so much potential in the character.

I think the same could be said for the Punisher (tv show wise) but that's another story.

Am I the only one who thinks that the Ben Affleck movie actually wasn't a bad adaptation of the comics?
To paraphrase Phineas, yes. Yes you are.

Look I know the first movie and the director's cut has its fans but it failed to get a franchise off the ground. The movie hit a double. Elektra struck out and now the potential franchise is dead.

Johnson just wasn't the right director to adapt the material. He's not a guy that's going to win the battles with the producers. He's not a Christopher Nolan that can make it really serious and dramatic and make action scenes that really pop and film such great wide canvases. When the movie was being produced they talked about shooting the movie like this gritty urban superhero drama. Like a superhero version of Se7en. None of that was in the movie and then they put in campy **** like that playground scene.

Michael Clarke Duncan is a good actor but he just . . . looked silly as the Kingpin. He's a big burly dude but he wasn't believable as this cunning criminal mastermind. He looked like a big burly dude trying to play that role.

And that ****ing love scene made me want to puke it was so disgusting.

No your not. It was solid in some ways, bad in others. Overall not a terrible adaption though, esp. the directors cut.

I would love to see a great one eventually though.

It's a C-Grade movie. But I don't think it misrepresents the comics whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"