Daredevil reboot: official discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A proper Daredevil film could be so damn good. With David Fincher behind it... man, just think.

If they adapted Bendis' run, with elements of Miller and Smith's runs, you'd have one of the most solid trilogies the genre would ever see

Guys I could see playing DD/Matt Murdock persona:

Bradley Cooper
Matthew Fox
James Marsden
Mark Wahlberg
Matt Damon
Josh Duhamel
Andy whitfield (if his health gets better)

Possible Directors:

The Wachowski Brothers
Mike Newell
Joe Carnahan
Duncan Jones
Robert Schwentke

Andrew Garfield met Michael C. Hall last night at a post-Oscars party.

p002.jpg

Michael C. Hall is so perfect for the role. I know there was some uproar a while back when Jason Statham said he wants to play DD, but I think he'd make a fantastic Bullseye

Am I the only one who thinks that the Ben Affleck movie actually wasn't a bad adaptation of the comics?
Not at all. It's a great adaptation in fact that does a good job of sticking to the comics, as good as Iron Man IMO. It is a little B-movieish though, and Ben really isn't that good of an actor...but it's definitely a good representation of the comics.

Not at all. It's a great adaptation in fact that does a good job of sticking to the comics, as good as Iron Man IMO. It is a little B-movieish though, and Ben really isn't that good of an actor...but it's definitely a good representation of the comics.
I did quite like it up to a point. It only fell apart for me towards the end when they just rushed through everything. The worst I could say about it is that it felt like an incomplete film, which as it turned out it was.

Non news but still
Hitman Director Xavier Gens Shares His Vision For A Daredevil Reboot

MM:..Are there any movies in this genre you'd like to tackle within the Marvel Universe?

XG: I really love the Marvel universe, one of my favorite is Daredevil. I really love also the Punisher and I don't understand why they made so many bad movies on that character.

MM: Funny thing about Daredevil is the theatrical version which wasn't taken so well…and then the Directors cut which gained quite a bit of praise from the fans. Personally I thought MSJ did a good job with what he had…I personally just didn't think Affleck was a good fit for the role. If given the chance what direction would you like to take Daredevil? Should this franchise be R rated like the directors cut???

XG: If I have to made a Daredevil movie, I will take a completely different direction. My vision of the character is much more a drama. There will be a 1st part in the child hood of matt Murdock and the universe of Hell kitchen. Something in the univers of the first Rocky Balboa. Is the story of a poor family of hell kitchen, the father is a loser who made some boxing match, the mother is sick and she died. The father have to make the education of is son alone. He became a outlaw, he made fight to win money and one day he is killed by the mobs. Alone Matt murdock go to an orphanage and is there were he got is accident. And there is a long reducation because he became blind and he have to learn a new sens. With a very realistic point of view. And he became better and better and he made lawyer study.

And if he were to get the chance to direct this reboot, who does he think would do a good job in the title role?

XG: For Daredevil I think Sam Worthington could be very great and intense for this character. For the vilain it's depênd of the story.
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=31321

Not digging his thoughts too much. The story ones arent terrible.But Worthington is a big :down

I'm not sure the director of Hitman should be talking about how bad other movies are.

Really not feeling his choice of Worthington...But I'm glad atleast someone would like to see DD back on the big screen. I've seen Hitman and didn't like it very much but Gens does sound like a big fan of ol' hornhead. Here's hoping by next year Marvel will have the rights back.

You know, recently I thought about what Marvel could do differently when they get the rights back and I came to the conclusion: Not much! the costume was spot on, all the key characters were there: Kingpin, Elektra, Bullseye... and the plot itself is basically a best of of Frank Millers run.

Well, you could always include Stick or Black Widow (as she was a major part in the DD comics for a few periods, especially in the 70ies) and you may concentrate on San Francisico instead of Hells Kitchen. There is also the option to include Karen Page as love interest instead of Elektra.

But the Fox movie itself was a really faithful adaption.

Sadly it wasn't a good movie.

Really not feeling his choice of Worthington...But I'm glad atleast someone would like to see DD back on the big screen. I've seen Hitman and didn't like it very much but Gens does sound like a big fan of ol' hornhead. Here's hoping by next year Marvel will have the rights back.
It's probably not completely fair to blame the director for Hitman. Yes, it sucked, but the script was absolute horsesh**. Tom Hanks used to say "you can make a horrible movie out of a great script, but you can't make a good movie out of a horrible script." I think the best case scenario for DareDevil would be to get Frank Miller to write and "direct", then get someone like Xavier Gens to help him point the camera.

How has the punisher rights reverted back to marvel but DD hasn't yet?

Lionsgate owned Punisher not Fox so thats one thing
The other is that Lionsgate after 2 failed attempts probably see Punisher as a dead franchise and MArvel made them an offer and Lionsgate sold the right back. I think, I'm not sure.

One thing I hated about Lionsgates handling of the Punisher films is that they either gave the franchise to a novice director like Jonathan Hensleigh or a **** director like Lexi Alexander (seriously, her film prior to PWZ was Green Street and that was a steaming pile of **** - just what qualified her to direct the Punisher - the fact that she was a stuntwoman???!!!).

You get what you pay for, I guess - cant polish a turd and all that.........

Not liking his idea...spends too much time on the pre-DareDevil life. I'd rather make the first half hour building up to him becoming Daredevil and then flash forward a few years where he is already established for the rest of the film.

Not liking his idea...spends too much time on the pre-DareDevil life. I'd rather make the first half hour building up to him becoming Daredevil and then flash forward a few years where he is already established for the rest of the film.

It's probably not completely fair to blame the director for Hitman. Yes, it sucked, but the script was absolute horsesh**. Tom Hanks used to say "you can make a horrible movie out of a great script, but you can't make a good movie out of a horrible script." I think the best case scenario for DareDevil would be to get Frank Miller to write and "direct", then get someone like Xavier Gens to help him point the camera.
..Where in my post was I blaming Gens for Hitman? All I said was I didn't like it.

I saw this article today and I was reading along, thinking, "Okay, this guy's idea seems like a bit of a retread, but it's not so bad... seems to want to get the audience invested more in the character... yeah, this could be okay."

Then I saw his suggestion of Sam Worthington, and automatically thought, "F**k you. Next."

I haven't seen "Twilight:Eclipse", but "30 Days of Night" was pretty solid.

We'll see...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back