Daredevil reboot: official discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess that means they'll probably try to cram a Fantastic Four reboot along with this one? Ah well. I'll still give this film a chance most likely.

Micheal C. Hall for Matt Murdock! :F

really want this to be marvel's batman but not with slade a competent director but he is a safe choice

idk, fox seems to redeeming itself lately, at least in terms of genre films. plus, i like david slade. from what i've seen of it, eclipse was the best twilight film out of the three (which i'll admit isn't saying much) but Hard Candy was great and i enjoyed 30 days of night up until the obiligatory fight scene at the end, which is a mistake all directors can fall victim to when it comes to films like that. I'm just saying, it could be in much worse hands.

The only movie he's done that I liked was Hard Candy. 30 Days of Night was lame and a huge disappointment. Plus he's worked on Twilight, :down:

I'm disappointed overall about this. Fox sat on their hands with Daredevil for 8 years. They don't deserve it.

The only movie he's done that I liked was Hard Candy. 30 Days of Night was lame and a huge disappointment. Plus he's worked on Twilight, :down:

Hard Candy was pretty good, and I thought 30 Days was alright. I lost all faith in him when he decided to waste time on a **** Twilight film.

I'm disappointed overall about this. Fox sat on their hands with Daredevil for 8 years. They don't deserve it.

Agreed

I still can't believe the rights didn't revert back. All those rumours about 5-7 years was BS I guess.

I can't tell you how pissed I am.
I was seriously excited for a new MARVEL PRODUCED Daredevil movie.
Then Fox does this!

Yup, not the best news, I also wanted to see a Marvel produced Daredevil flick with Fincher directing.

Well casting of Murdock will be key.

The problem is that Fox will not let this movie be dark and gritty like it needs to be. Look how Daredevil ended up. They said it was going to be a superhero movie like Se7en.

Not too happy with the selection, but I'd put money on it that this reboot will be better than Ben's version. If anything they'll get an athletic, lesser know actor to be in the film and they won't stick Elecktra in it.

Dammit.............gotta go back and read the last two hundred episodes of the comic.

Come on FOX.....redeem yourself. You put out one of my favorite TV shows of all time (24). Time for you to do the same with a movie.

DAVID SLADE!! Time for you to step up mother "". You've seen Batman, you've seen all three Spiderman flicks and you've seen Iron Man 1. You don't have to make some campy super hero flick for it to be serious.

All you need to do is watch the DARK KNIGHT a thousand times, read a couple hundred episodes of Daredevil....and don't cast the equivalent of Ben Affleck to star in the picture.

MAKE A MOVIE WORTHY OF THE MATERIAL!!!!

...If the movie is successful, maybe Marvel can team up with Fox to develop their analog to Smallville, with a teen/college-aged Matt, pre-law student, NYC, secretly solving mysteries; he would have his basic radar but not be a super-ninja yet.. include the Stick character, bring in Elektra for a season ender--

Well casting of Murdock will be key.

The problem is that Fox will not let this movie be dark and gritty like it needs to be. Look how Daredevil ended up. They said it was going to be a superhero movie like Se7en.

We've gotta hope that Dark Knight's success will drive both Fox and David Slade to make a movie that doesn't suck. It can be done.

Honestly, when it was announced that Peter Jackson was making "The Lord of the Rings" I wasn't optimistic. I was just happy a movie was getting made.

Look how well that turned out.

I hope someone interviews David and he gives his honest opinion on the original DD flick. That will tell me what direction he plans to take the film (GOD, I can't get that stupid Affleck/Garner fight scene out of my head) :cmad:

Disappointed this didn't revert back to Marvel. Fox has very little idea what they're doing.

Still, it could be good. I like Michael C Hall for Murdoch.

Let's boycott every Fox superhero movie until they give the rights back! Starting with FC

I have high hopes for this. I actually still wish there was a sequel to Daredevil (2003). Very underrated movie, especially the Director's Cut.

At least it's not a complete from the ground up reboot. Maybe Elektra will come back to life again...and not be Jennifer Garner.

This sucks. Fox had better not go angstsy with this one, yeah I know its not a word but fluck it I'm pissed right now. They should ask the Marvel brass what they would do with DD or collab. The only plus i see is the fact that Marvel probably wouldn't have done anything with DD for quite some time.

They should base the script on Frank Miller's "Man without fear stuff" much like they based a lot of Batman Begins on "Year One"! It could be amazing.

At least it's not a complete from the ground up reboot. Maybe Elektra will come back to life again...and not be Jennifer Garner.
How about she stay out of the movie all together so the film can focus on one protagonist?

This ain't a team flick.

(Just my opinion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88