David Fincher's 'Gone Girl' Starring Ben Affleck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention the Dragon Tattoo sequels weren't that good either.

2nd dragon tattoo film was my fav. such a shame we couldn't see fincher's version

I feel like it's time has passed too. While I liked both adaptations of 'Dragon', and while I haven't read the book(s), I noticed how the plots from both versions * were thin and uncompelling from the get-go. I gathered that the book got popular due to the rich characterization of 'Lisbeth', not the weak narrative. If the other books are weaker than the first, then you weak material to work from.

Still it would've been interesting to see Fincher tackle the sequels, and maybe improve upon it.

But I do miss the old 'punk rock' Fincher of his Fight Club and Se7en days....:(

I vastly prefer the Fincher of "Zodiac" and "The Social Network", less genre stylist and more master filmmaker tackling Americana. But you and I are in agreement of his vast talents, no matter which spectrum of it we prefer, being wasted on the Millenium trilogy.

Affleck fits the lead guy role really well. For the female, I think Charlize would be a good choice.

^
The Wrap reports that Natalie Portman, Charlize Theron, and Emily Blunt are all being considered for the female lead,

I though Jackman's name was being thrown around for this? Or am I thinking of a different project?

I like Portman for certain roles. It's strange that as beautiful as she is, she lacks gravity in some roles. Consistency I guess would be the word. She's fine in 'Black Swan', 'Garden State', 'Closer', and the like, but where's the unpredictble edginess that I saw in 'Leon (The Professional)'.

you want edginess :o
tumblr_mad6qzTWXD1qb9atao1_500.gif

The LAT article said the deal with Portman didn't pan out.

Rosamund Pike is fantastic. If she gets it, I am definitely there.

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/david-fincher-gone-girl-1200564084/

Sources tell Variety that Abbie Cornish, Olivia Wilde and Julianne Hough have submitted audition tapes and will meet with Fincher in the coming weeks. Rosamund Pike has not tested yet but sources say the studio and Fincher are also interested in her as well.

Though a story in the Hollywood Reporter said Pike was the front-runner, sources say while Fincher likes her, he is currently scouting for the film and will not make any decision until he has begun meeting actresses.

It's official: Rosamund Pike has been cast in Fincher's 'Gone Girl' with Ben Affleck along with TYLER PERRY :-)0) and Neil Patrick Harris.

The "Jack Reacher" actress will play the female lead opposite Ben Affleck in the adaptation of the hit novel, while Neil Patrick Harris and Tyler Perry are being eyed for supporting roles.

Rosamund Pike has been offered and is expected to accept the starring role opposite Ben Affleck in the 20th Century Fox mystery thriller Gone Girl, which is being co-financed 50-50 with New Regency, sources said. Neil Patrick Harris and Tyler Perry are being eyed for supporting roles.

Pike will play a wife who goes missing on her fifth wedding anniversary, as her husband (Affleck) becomes the prime suspect. Much of the story is told in flashbacks.
The British actress, who recently starred opposite Tom Cruise in Jack Reacher, landed the role that had Hollywood’s thirtysomething female set jockeying for the chance to work with Fincher. A number of actresses including Charlize Theron, Natalie Portman and Emily Blunt had been reported to be in the mix, but all were ruled out for various reasons including availability. Abbie Cornish and Olivia Wilde also had been considered.

Reese Witherspoon, who optioned the book last summer, is producing alongside Bruna Papandrea and Leslie Dixon.

The film is set to go into production in September. Author Gillian Flynn adapted the screenplay from her novel, which became one of the biggest sellers of 2012.

Pike recently shot the dramedy A Long Way Down opposite Aaron Paul. The busy actress' upcoming films also include Andy Hamilton and Guy Jenkin's What We Did on Our Holiday, Fouad Mikati's Return to Sender and Peter Chelsom's Hector and the Search for Happiness.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/rosamund-pike-star-david-finchers-593245

Affleck, Pike, NPH and Tyler Perry.... that's one eclectic cast.

Love the Pike casting. :up:

The thing with Pike is that for years, she's been trying hard to break through. She's been in great movies, and some bad (Wrath of the Titans), but she deserves this break. This is her time to shine finally. It just took someone like Fincher to GIVE HER A CHANCE!

Turns out these two already did an ad campaign a long time ago. :funny:

ibe5W6Aa15Njgl.jpg
iTUyPoi4cOAW2.jpg

29623980.jpg
pc1s.jpg

Fincher needs to find better projects. He's just wasting his talent. From Jules Verne to a mystery thriller....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back